Willard Mitt Romney

They aren't preconceived...I read over and over that he had a Muslim father who deserted the family, that his stepfather was a Muslim and he spent a portion of his childhood in a medrassa.

But that has nothing to do with the reason I dislike him for president.

Is it wrong???

he spent ZERO time in a madrassa... you watch too much Faux Noise...

but that comes as no surprise to me.

Actually, I found it when I did a search on the internet, and it didn't come from Fox.

I'll bet it was the Clintons who started the rumor.

Was his stepdad a Muslim???

he spent ZERO time in a madrassa... you watch too much Faux Noise...

but that comes as no surprise to me.

You must not watch any Fox News, because they reported that Obama had never attended a madrassa. But like you said to Allie, who cares about knowing the truth, eh?

RE: Snopes:
That doesn't say his stepfather wasn't Muslim. And he did attend Muslim schools. While they said his school wasn't "like" the madrassas in other places, it doesn't actually say it's not.

Interesting. You sort of just take that and make all the assumptions, don't you? But it comes down to, yeah, his dad was Muslim; yeah, it looks like his step dad was Muslim, and yeah, he attended Muslim schools.

I could care less. But it appears to be really important to you non-bigoted peeps that he not have any Muslim association?

Allie:

This has all already been heavily debunked in numerous sources. He attended public school in Indonesia, not a madrassa.

If you're going to read something on the net you should do a little more looking before you just take it as fact.

I don't see anything that actually denies it was a madrassa. It just says it wasn't as bad as some madrassas...

And was his stepdad Muslim?

I dunno. I don't see any debunking, actually. I just see that nobody particularly cares one way or the other.

Try googling Obama and madrassa. If you don't see it, you're not looking. When the issue came out on the campaign trail a few months ago it was debunked on the internet, radio, and print media. Some people did fairly exhaustive searches into his background and came up with what I said.

As I recall his stepfather was in fact a muslim, though not a particularly devout one, and when his mother married that man they moved to Indonesia where obama went to public school (which would be muslim in that country, but not a madrassa).

The guy has been Christian since long before running for political office.

In other words, the stuff that has been said about him actually is true. His dad and stepdad are Muslim and while he may not have attended a madrassa, he certainly attended Muslim schools.

I did google him and Muslim. That's where I got the information in the first place.

Here's today's news:

"Obama was registered by his family as a Muslim at both of the schools he attended.

That registration meant that during the third and fourth grades, Obama learned about Islam for two hours each week in religion class."
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/na...,6597508.story?coll=bal-nationworld-headlines

In other words, the stuff that has been said about him actually is true. His dad and stepdad are Muslim and while he may not have attended a madrassa, he certainly attended Muslim schools.

I did google him and Muslim. That's where I got the information in the first place.

Here's today's news:

"Obama was registered by his family as a Muslim at both of the schools he attended.

That registration meant that during the third and fourth grades, Obama learned about Islam for two hours each week in religion class."
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/na...,6597508.story?coll=bal-nationworld-headlines

For somebody who claims they don't care he if he was a Muslim or whether he atteneded a Muslim school, or what faith is father or step-father is/was, you sure are making a lot of posts about it...

I don't like the sound of "President Edwards" either. Does that make me racist?

Get a clue, man.

Yeah, that's exactly what he meant. If you believe that I've a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. I know you're a right-wing neocon nutjob, but you can't use that excuse you're whole life for being so naive...

I'm posting about it because, #1, it was stated that the claims were "debunked" when they weren't, and #2, the fact that lefties want to debunk the claims means that they are the bigoted ones.

If it doesn't matter, why the push to "debunk" the claims? He should be as proud of going to Muslim school as he is of attending Catholic school, and supporters should be, too.

I'm posting about it because, #1, it was stated that the claims were "debunked" when they weren't, and #2, the fact that lefties want to debunk the claims means that they are the bigoted ones.

If it doesn't matter, why the push to "debunk" the claims? He should be as proud of going to Muslim school as he is of attending Catholic school, and supporters should be, too.

Who says he was proud? He was a young kid....you ever do something as a young kid that you didn't want to, but did it anyway at the behest of the your parents? In the long run, it is all irrelevent.

I never said he said he was proud. Read it again.

My point is, the left lied when they said it wasn't true. And they continue to lie if when they say the press about his Muslim family and his Muslim school days is a lie.

I never said he said he was proud. Read it again.

My point is, the left lied when they said it wasn't true. And they continue to lie if when they say the press about his Muslim family and his Muslim school days is a lie.

Depends on what you know about:
1) the type of school he went to
2) whether it was a madrass or not
3) if it was indeed a madrass was it the type of school where fundie Islam is taught as they are these days or were the ones in 1960s more secular?
4) what his beliefs are now
5) the relevence

No, actually. None of that matters. I'm speaking to the fact that ppl like Jillian and others screech "debunked horseshit" if anybody dares to refer to the FACT that Obama's dad, stepdad and background are all Muslim. He DID attend a Muslim school, he WAS registered as a Muslim, and he WAS raised by Muslims.

And when they're screeching that, they're lying.

The sad thing is, if they wouldn't screech continually about it, nobody would care. Which leads me to think they care more than anybody.

Which doesn't surprise me. I could care less where he went to school. I don't like him because he would be disastrous for the US in the presidency based on what he says now.

Actually, I found it when I did a search on the internet, and it didn't come from Fox.

I'll bet it was the Clintons who started the rumor.

Was his stepdad a Muslim???

yes he was...an indonesian bureaucrat. his mother was always a christian.

he never attended a madrassa.

I don't really care who started the rumor..but you, you silly bitch, are the one who blithely perpetuates it.

No, actually. None of that matters. I'm speaking to the fact that ppl like Jillian and others screech "debunked horseshit" if anybody dares to refer to the FACT that Obama's dad, stepdad and background are all Muslim. He DID attend a Muslim school, he WAS registered as a Muslim, and he WAS raised by Muslims.

The sad thing is, if they wouldn't screech continually about it, nobody would care. Which leads me to think they care more than anybody.

Which doesn't surprise me. I could care less where he went to school. I don't like him because he would be disastrous for the US in the presidency based on what he says now.

When I read his book Dreams of My Father I remember Obama mentioning that his father was originally Muslim, but had left the faith for atheism sometime early in life. This was written in 1992 mind you, and I doubt he was preparing for his 2008 Presidential bid back then.

Not that it matters, Obama only saw his father twice in his life.

Near as I can tell the only one screeching is you. You do know what snopes is, right? It's the site that debunks crap no matter who's sending it around.

But given it doesn't suit your pov, I can see where it might bother you.

Yeah, that's exactly what he meant. If you believe that I've a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. I know you're a right-wing neocon nutjob, but you can't use that excuse you're whole life for being so naive...
How do you know what he meant? I take his words at face value. It appears that you are bigotted against republicans.

Forum List

Back