Willard Mitt Romney

cranston36

Apr 11, 2006
:clap2: Mitt Romney is running for President of the United States.
He was Governor of Massachusettes.
He's a Mormon and proud of it. Now that he is running for President he made a big deal about it in Texas.
When he was in Massachusettes, however, it seemed not to be a polite topic of conversation.
Mitt is not his first name. That's the name he uses as a first name. If you detect a small amount of dishonesty in that you would not be alone.
His first name is Willard - Willard Mitt Romney.
Do you recall the movie 'Willard' with Ernest Borgnine?
It was about a social misfit named 'Willard' who had an attraction for rats.
He talked to the rats and fed them.
It's a horror story.
Sort of what I imagine having Willard 'Mitt' Romney in the White House.
His father had been Governor of Michigan.
His father was born in Colonia Dublán, Galeana, in the Mexican state of Chihuahua.
That didn't stop his father from trying to run for President in 1968. Obviously - he didn't win.
His mother, an ex-actress, was born in Utah and tried to become one of the United States Senators from Michigan. She lost.
Willard 'Mitt' Romney's great grandfather ran from the United States to live in Mexico because he was a polygamous Mormon and wanted to avoid the laws of the United States of America.
Well - the Romney's are back in a big way.
Willard 'Mitt' Romney is no stranger to spreading the word - he is related directly to Parley P. Pratt who was one of the original member of the 'Quorum of Twelve Apostles'.
When Willard 'Mitt' Romney says, "I believe in my Mormon faith and I endeavor to live by it. My faith is the faith of my fathers -- I will be true to them and to my beliefs." don't you think you better listen?

Obama's father is a Muslim who currently has multiple wives in Africa. The Romney family may have had multiple wives 100 years ago but the Obama family still practices this today.

Also I'd rather my president be named Willard Mitt Romney then Barak Hussein Obama

:clap2: Mitt Romney is running for President of the United States.
He was Governor of Massachusettes.
He's a Mormon and proud of it. Now that he is running for President he made a big deal about it in Texas.
When he was in Massachusettes, however, it seemed not to be a polite topic of conversation.
Mitt is not his first name. That's the name he uses as a first name. If you detect a small amount of dishonesty in that you would not be alone.
His first name is Willard - Willard Mitt Romney.
Do you recall the movie 'Willard' with Ernest Borgnine?
It was about a social misfit named 'Willard' who had an attraction for rats.
He talked to the rats and fed them.
It's a horror story.
Sort of what I imagine having Willard 'Mitt' Romney in the White House.
His father had been Governor of Michigan.
His father was born in Colonia Dublán, Galeana, in the Mexican state of Chihuahua.
That didn't stop his father from trying to run for President in 1968. Obviously - he didn't win.
His mother, an ex-actress, was born in Utah and tried to become one of the United States Senators from Michigan. She lost.
Willard 'Mitt' Romney's great grandfather ran from the United States to live in Mexico because he was a polygamous Mormon and wanted to avoid the laws of the United States of America.
Well - the Romney's are back in a big way.
Willard 'Mitt' Romney is no stranger to spreading the word - he is related directly to Parley P. Pratt who was one of the original member of the 'Quorum of Twelve Apostles'.
When Willard 'Mitt' Romney says, "I believe in my Mormon faith and I endeavor to live by it. My faith is the faith of my fathers -- I will be true to them and to my beliefs." don't you think you better listen?
Will Smith (of "I am Legend" fame) is also actually a Willard.

Oh he's dead, I thought I read Obama went to visit him in Africa recently. Still if your great grandfather did something it hardly has any revelance on a person since very few people meet them at all, but what your father does does have revelance on a person. I always hear people bring up polagamy in Romneys past as a negative but nobody touches it regarding Obama.

:rofl:
Will Smith (of "I am Legend" fame) is also actually a Willard.

Assuming that is the case, and I am not going to check, your example person uses 'Will' as his first name. He does not obscure his first name completely by not using it. The correct and legal thing for Willard Mitt Romney to do if he did not want the name would be to remove it. The way it is now any search of public records for 'Mitt Romney' would not return 'Willard Mitt Romney' which is why it is illegal to use a different name in order to deceive.

It is a common business notion. 'Willard Mitt Romney' should have been using his first name 'Willard' all along - but do you think he would be running for President right now if he had used 'Willard' instead of 'Mitt'?

We'll never know but thankfully, we will also never know what it will be like to have him in the White House. The problem is that he got anywhere near it.

Assuming that is the case, and I am not going to check, your example person uses 'Will' as his first name. He does not obscure his first name completely by not using it. The correct and legal thing for Willard Mitt Romney to do if he did not want the name would be to remove it. The way it is now any search of public records for 'Mitt Romney' would not return 'Willard Mitt Romney' which is why it is illegal to use a different name in order to deceive.

It is a common business notion. 'Willard Mitt Romney' should have been using his first name 'Willard' all along - but do you think he would be running for President right now if he had used 'Willard' instead of 'Mitt'?

We'll never know but thankfully, we will also never know what it will be like to have him in the White House. The problem is that he got anywhere near it.

You cannot change a name for an unlawful or fraudulent purpose. Not using a first name because you don't like it doesn't fall within such a catagory. It's certainly not illegal for him to do so by any stretch of the imagination.

Oh he's dead, I thought I read Obama went to visit him in Africa recently. Still if your great grandfather did something it hardly has any revelance on a person since very few people meet them at all, but what your father does does have revelance on a person. I always hear people bring up polagamy in Romneys past as a negative but nobody touches it regarding Obama.

The sins of the father or the grandfather should not be brought down upon the son unless, of course, that son is repeating or amplifying them as I feel, clearly, Willard Mitt Romney is doing. What's Mitt short for anyway or is that it? Mitt? In your post you seem to reflect upon that point about sins of the father but then turn around about someone named Obama.

As for Obama - are you referring to Barack Husein Obama?
President Willard Mitt Romney
President Barack Husein Obama

...and you are arguing with me? ho, ho, ho

:cuckoo:

You cannot change a name for an unlawful or fraudulent purpose. Not using a first name because you don't like it doesn't fall within such a catagory. It's certainly not illegal for him to do so by any stretch of the imagination.

It is illegal to go by another name than your legal name to conduct business either public or private.

If you change your name or use another name for a fraudulent purpose that is illegal also. I feel that Willard Mitt Romney does not use his first name, 'Willard' in order to deceive others into believing that his first name is catchy 'Mitt' - when, in fact, it is not his first name, nor his nickname. It is his middle name. His first name is Willard and he does not use it apparently because he is ashamed of it and thinks it gets in the way of his pursuit of personal and public success. That makes it a fraudulent usage in my opinion.

Willard Mitt Romney ist ein merkwürdiger Name.
Willard Mitt Romney hatte einige Großmütter.
Vertraust du ihm?
Ich tue nicht.

It is illegal to go by another name than your legal name to conduct business either public or private.

Not really true. People use dba's all the time.

If you change your name or use another name for a fraudulent purpose that is illegal also.

That is illegal, yes.

I feel that Willard Mitt Romney does not use his first name, 'Willard' in order to deceive others into believing that his first name is catchy 'Mitt' - when, in fact, it is not his first name, nor his nickname. It is his middle name. His first name is Willard and he does not use it apparently because he is ashamed of it and thinks it gets in the way of his pursuit of personal and public success. That makes it a fraudulent usage in my opinion.

Willard Mitt Romney ist ein merkwürdiger Name.
Willard Mitt Romney hatte einige Großmütter.
Vertraust du ihm?
Ich tue nicht.

Sorry... you're off base. Lots of people use less formal or more pleasant-sounding names when dealing with the public. Bill Clinton went by the much more accessible "Bill", instead of William Jefferson Clinton because it has a more populist sound to it... same as "Mike" Huckabee" and "Rudy" Giuliani, "Ron" Paul... Did I leave out anyone?

Sorry ... I don't sprecken ze deutsch.

Perhaps we need to set up some sort of naming committee that decides what nicknames people can and cannot use. I think you should be in charge.

It seems you are trying to trivialize the topic of honesty in a Presidential candidate. As long as he has a nice smile who cares what he thinks, eh?

The other day Willard Mitt Romney stated that lobbyists do not run his campaign but he has one of the biggest lobbyists in Washington working for him.

The Mormons themselves have a checkered past that should be taken into account when a leader in the church shows up running for political office.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/mormon/mormon106.html

It seems you are trying to trivialize the topic of honesty in a Presidential candidate. As long as he has a nice smile who cares what he thinks, eh?

The other day Willard Mitt Romney stated that lobbyists do not run his campaign but he has one of the biggest lobbyists in Washington working for him.

The Mormons themselves have a checkered past that should be taken into account when a leader in the church shows up running for political office.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/mormon/mormon106.html

Ah now we get to the issue. You don't like he's a mormon. Me? I could care less because he's not a theocrat. I find Huckabee far more dangerous in that regard.

As for Mitt... who cares if he prefers a nickname. Seems like you're the one trying to make an issue where none exists.

You're worried about lobbyists? I'd love to hear your myriad of criticims of Bush/Cheney for allowing lobbyists to run policy.

This is the kind of minutae that some people actually care about? No wonder we get such bad leadership if this is the sort of thing some of the electorate focus on.

Who cares? I go by my middle name as well. My first name is Robert, but my parents always called me by my middle name as a child.

This is an issue? Sheesh.

Some family members follow each other lock-step. Some family members move away from the herd. Consider the difference between Newt Gingrich and his lesbian sister Candace. Some children do not follow in their parents’ footsteps. Perhaps more relevant, consider Dick Cheney and his lesbian daughter Mary. Consider the rebellious relationship that Patti Davis had with Ronald Reagan. By the way, didn’t Bush’s grandparents get wealthy by trading with Nazi Germany?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prescott_Bush#Nazi_collaboration_controversy

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bush+family

Prescott Bush (1895-1972): Senator from Connecticut and Wall Street executive banker. Was in charge of Union Banking Corporation, who was in charge of Hitler's and Nazi’s money during WW2. The assets were held by the government for the duration of the war, then returned afterward. UBC was dissolved in 1951. Bush's interest in UBC consisted of one share. For it, he was reimbursed $1,500,000. These assets were later used to launch Bush family investments in the Texas energy industry.

Now, when we elected George Bush Sr. were we electing Prescott Bush? No. Likewise, we won’t be voting for the deceased Barack Obama Sr. We are voting for Barack Obama Jr.

For three years, from 1982 to 1985, Mr. Romney served as the bishop, or lay pastor, at his church in Belmont, Mass. After that, he served nine years as "stake" president, overseeing about a dozen Boston-area parishes.:razz:

Forum List

Back