Obama praises GOP

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

"I think it’s fair to say the Republicans were the party of ideas for a pretty long chunk of time there over the last ten, fifteen years, in the sense that they were challenging conventional wisdom," he said in the board meeting. "Now, you’ve heard it all before. You look at the economic policies when they’re being debated among the Presidential candidates and it’s all tax cuts. Well, you know, we’ve done that, we tried it."

Obama is opposed to the free market. He is claiming that the government can spend your money more effectivly then you can yourself.

He is claiming that the government can spend your money more effectivly then you can yourself.

Not really. That is an oversimplification of what his policies are and some of the policies of the left.

"...Well, you know, we’ve done that, we tried it.""

He is only saying the chief - I would say only - idea for the republican since Reagan is to lower taxes. You know what they say, 'Money is the root all evil.' It is why even Huckabee is unappealing to the monied republicans, he actually thinks raising taxes can help rebuild the infrastructure and raise the boats of all. And then look too who has widespread support among the free marketers aka libertarians: Ron Paul. Again it is money, and sorry I can't see that as a great idea.

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well."

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-taxgrowth.htm

"...Well, you know, we’ve done that, we tried it.""

He is only saying the chief - I would say only - idea for the republican since Reagan is to lower taxes. You know what they say, 'Money is the root all evil.' It is why even Huckabee is unappealing to the monied republicans, he actually thinks raising taxes can help rebuild the infrastructure and raise the boats of all. And then look too who has widespread support among the free marketers aka libertarians: Ron Paul. Again it is money, and sorry I can't see that as a great idea.

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well."

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-taxgrowth.htm

Reagon presided over one of the larger budget deficits in US history surpassed, I believe, only by the one created by gw bush. Why does everyone think Reagon was such a great President. Granted, it is a far site better than gw. But he is hugely overrated.

Forum List

Back