will we have a triple crown winner?

Went to a movie, just saw the very end.

Did he really win by as much as the 3 second I saw looked like?

Damn! Nice run
Five and a half lengths, second fastest time to Secretariat

Can't believe what a crappy trophy they give for the triple crown. Upside down pyramid

I've seen bigger trophies for little league champs

yes, we will finally see another triple crown winner...

damn, i missed watching the race...

BELMONT2-master675-v2.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/07/s...ins-belmont-stakes-and-triple-crown.html?_r=0

As American Pharoah came out of the far turn and squared his shoulders to let his rider, Victor Espinoza, stare down the long withering stretch of Belmont Park, a sense of inevitably surged through this mammoth old grandstand. The fans in a capacity crowd strained on their tiptoes and let out a roar from deep in their souls. It was going to end, finally — this 37-year search for a great racehorse.

No, a battered old sport was looking for an immortal thoroughbred, one worthy to stand alongside Sir Barton and Assault, War Admiral and Whirlaway, Count Fleet and Citation, a horse able to earn the title of a Triple Crown champion.

There had been only 11 of them history, and America had elected five presidents, fought three wars and lived through at least three economic downturns since Affirmed had last completed the feat in 1978. In the interim, 12 other very good racehorses had pulled into this grand old racetrack on Long Island with a chance to become the next great horse only to fall short at the hands of a great rival

Pharoah did not have a good break out of the gate. But he recovered quickly, and never looked back. Just my opinion, but the pace did not seem fast during the first half of the race. If he had been challenged, the record may have been broken. We will never know.

Forum List

Back