will we have a triple crown winner?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i will go out on a limb and say no...i may be regretting this but i do not think the belmont is that easy
long race.....and the field will be tougher......preakness had 8 horses...once your horse falls out of the derby there is no reason to run the preakness.....you rest them for the belmont...and other stables will bring in horses for the belmont...spoilers that are rested....i am curious to see if the european breeders will bring in more horses....

i am interest to see how the otb goes

i will go out on a limb and say no...i may be regretting this but i do not think the belmont is that easy
long race.....and the field will be tougher......preakness had 8 horses...once your horse falls out of the derby there is no reason to run the preakness.....you rest them for the belmont...and other stables will bring in horses for the belmont...spoilers that are rested....i am curious to see if the european breeders will bring in more horses....

Horseracing is as rigged as wrestling.

Ask any jockey.

I think it's possible. If horse racing "needs" a TC winner, it will happen regardless. I have a feeling about this, and, I think it's going to happen. We'll see in less than 3 weeks....

Horseracing is as rigged as wrestling.

Ask any jockey.

WTF? You are so full of it, no way is wrasling fake.

look at the history of the triple crown when it first started there was a winner about every 3 years....
then the question is, what has changed? I have heard arguments like people "save" horses to be spoilers for the Belmont. I think if a horse is dominant enough, it can happen?

o we just watched the derby and the preakness....

what happens is the owners of horses that ran in the derby pull them outta the preakness and rest them till the belmont then someone will bring in a proven long distance runner.....the field will be much larger...preakness was only 8 horses....the triple crown is the hardest title in sports (yes mudd sports) to win

and like anything else humans get involved in....the horses are breed for very specific things...and look at their legs....do you remember the match race when the filly broke her legs.....the still happens....it takes a hell of a horse to run a mile and half ....like they are asking these horses to do...

these horses are breed for one thing...speed

The other trainers/breeders will bring out their best distance runners for sure. However one thing I noticed with American Pharaoh's run is how the jockey held him back before the stretch, which is crucial for distance runs like the Belmont.

I give it a 25% chance.

depends a lot on the weather...so many factors.....just the mood of the horse can be off....if he is exhausted
remember they are breed for speed not endurance....the are the hot house flowers of the horse world

The triple crown is stacked against winning it

You should not be allowed to run the Belmont unless you have run the other two races

i dont agree....that is stacking towards the horses another way...isnt it?
Run one race.....you have to run them all

Fair is fair......why should you be able to rest your horse five weeks and come at me fresh

I say yes, I so hope he wins. The downpour didn't stop him, maybe it slowed the other horses though.

Yes, the first winner in 37 years. Heis the strongest in the field.

Forum List

Back