Will They Reach a Deal?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by The Rabbi, Jul 24, 2011.

1. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    We're at the 11th hour for a deal. I see the news reports that the different sides want to hammer something out before Asian markets open.
    Personally I don't see it. Obama is so set on getting what he wants he will not compromise. And if the House and Senate work out a deal it wouldn't surprise me that he vetoes it.
    What will temporary default look like?

2. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    We are not at 11th hour. The farce officially ends August 1.

Obama wants a crisis and he wants to bash Republicans for intransigence. Therefore he is not interested in making deal for another week. He has done bait and switch several times over the summer to make sure a deal does not happen too soon.

For him, he needs a crisis to show himself as presidential and in command, to show he is the compassionate one protecting the interests of the average worker against the rapacity of the Republican Huns. This is all theater.

And when it comes right down to it, he is a bit of a nihilist. The world can go smash just as long as he gets his.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. percysunshine

percysunshine Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,842
    If they have not reached a deal by now, the odds are against one.

Which means that some moron will cave in. The only question is which moron.

4. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,323
    Is Obama the one holding the national (perhaps the world) economy hostage by obstinately refusing to pay the bill for money he already voted to spend? Because I'm pretty sure that's Congress. Well, that's too broad. House Republicans, perhaps.

Frum put it well:
    These fools have opted for a default of choice and all the accompanying consequences to further their own political ambitions. Talk about nihilism.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,155
    Amazing analysis. Thank you for sharing your insight and non partisan, objective conclusion. I must wonder though how much crisis will be enough for President Obama, and maybe in your scholarly approach leading to your conclusion you discovered the answer.

It seems the economic problems he created on the day he took the oath of office would be sufficient for any man (or women) who needed a crisis, "to show himself as presidential and in command".

Or, the crisis in the cost of healthcare he created in Fedruary of 2009, wouldn't that be sufficient for anyone?

Anyway, I look forward to your future posts, analysis and objective non partisan opinions. You, CrusaderFrank, Stepanie serve to enlighten all of us to a reality few of us ever see.

6. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    And here I thought you were a partisan gibbering idiot with half a brain. Boy, was I wrong on that one.
    Yes, BM's analyis is probably right. Obama will wait until the crisis really gets going before he actually does anything.
    Keep reading our posts and keep those pos reps coming!

7. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    So remind me why he is involved in talks at all?
    Oh yeah, not only is he the head of the party but he'll also have to sign any bill passed. That's the reason.
    Simp.

8. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,155
    I do read your posts, there is always hope I'll read something of substance and cause me to reevaluate opinions I hold - they never have of course. I'm open to understanding a reasoned argument, do you have any?

9. Mr.Nick

Mr.Nick VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +682
    No....

At least not one that both sides are satisfied with.

I'd call the democrats bluff and allow them to make their "Armageddon" occur...

I bet if that were to happen though Obama would declare Martial Law and appoint himself dictator indefinitely.

I'd bet anything the sick twisted fuck has already threatened that.

10. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    Given your absolute certainty that there is a class of permanently wealthy people whose sole goal is screwing the poor and they are the power behind the throne of the GOP, I doubt anything I say will make much sense to you.