Will They Never Make An End Of Endless Remakes?

The nonstop remakes are ponderous. Independence Day 2, I wonder who's going to arrive in big ships and who will defeat them again in the end. It's a mystery. No this time a computer virus doesn't work so we have to give them an actual virus, we shoot a zika missile at the mother ship.

The whole premise of the original, which was stated clearly, is that their entire civilization is in their ship and travels from planet to planet.

"Well, one of their ships had to stop for gas so they weren't around for the first big battle."

Whatever.

The nonstop remakes are ponderous. Independence Day 2, I wonder who's going to arrive in big ships and who will defeat them again in the end. It's a mystery. No this time a computer virus doesn't work so we have to give them an actual virus, we shoot a zika missile at the mother ship.

The whole premise of the original, which was stated clearly, is that their entire civilization is in their ship and travels from planet to planet.

"Well, one of their ships had to stop for gas so they weren't around for the first big battle."

Whatever.

I found it interesting in the first that a Mac laptop could integrate seamlessly with the alien mothership's operating system.

I mean ... sheet.

Whatever.

ID2 is a sequel, not a remake.

Whatever.

I found it interesting in the first that a Mac laptop could integrate seamlessly with the alien mothership's operating system.

I mean ... sheet.

Yeah.....that was a Windows laptop. They were using Win 98 I think, but maybe it was XP. You got to see the logo if I remember correctly.

Not that that makes it any less silly. :lol:

Whatever.

Thank you Capt No One Cares.

Really, no comment on the movie but you roam around a message board looking for grammatical or syntax errors? LOL

Flame on oh carrier of the brown torch.

Whatever.

I mean ... sheet.

Yeah.....that was a Windows laptop. They were using Win 98 I think, but maybe it was XP. You got to see the logo if I remember correctly.

Not that that makes it any less silly. :lol:

Oh. Windows. Shows just how forgettable the film was. :laugh2:

Whatever.

Really, no comment on the movie but you roam around a message board looking for grammatical or syntax errors? LOL

That was neither a mistake of grammar nor of syntax. That was simply an incorrect statement. ;)

Both ID movies were silly, overly expensive summer popcorn movies. The first may have been mildly better than the second.

The second still was in no way a remake.

Whatever.

That was neither a mistake of grammar nor of syntax. That was simply an incorrect statement. ;)

Both ID movies were silly, overly expensive summer popcorn movies. The first may have been mildly better than the second.

Popcorn movies, hmm yes why would anyone eat popcorn at a movie theater.

The first Independence Day was an original idea and was well done for a throwback to oversimplified 1950s alien invasion movies. The second, which after all this time can be called a remake, was an idea that didn't need to happen like so many of the rehashed ideas of the last 10 years.

Ghostbusters is at the top of the list. It might have actually faired well had they come up with a new story. Prometheus is a good example of putting out a new story on an old movie.

Last edited:

Whatever.

Popcorn movies, hmm yes why would anyone eat popcorn at a movie theater.

The first Independence Day was an original idea and was well done for a throwback to oversimplified 1950s alien invasion movies. The second, which after all this time can be called a remake, was an idea that didn't need to happen like so many of the rehashed ideas of the last 10 years.

Ghostbusters is at the top of the list. It might have actually faired well had to come up with a new story. Prometheus is a good example of putting out a new story on an old movie.

Prometheus wasn't bad, but I'm more excited to see the Aliens sequel that Neill Blomkamp is supposedly going to make with Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn.

Forum List

Back