[i]The Night Of . . [/i]

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
This HBO series popped up with zero preliminary fanfare during a time of mid-summer doldrums and, thus far, has turned out to be the highlight of Sunday night television for me.

Anyone else watching it?

Comments?

another good series
Yes. Surprisingly good, considering there was none of the usual preview promotions, or at least I never saw any.

The first few episodes seemed to follow the typical Perry Mason format of the apparently guilty victim of conspiring circumstances who will be found innocent by his determined lawyer. But in spite of that promise of a hackneyed ending the highly unusual elements of this dark and almost arcane tale, such as the lawyer's (Turturro) problem feet, managed to capture and hold my interest.

The way Naz adapts to jail and a stereotypical convict (the haircut, tattoo, muling drugs, etc.) emerges as the story progresses causes me to think there might be a surprise ending and it will turn out he really did kill the girl. But we'll soon see because there are only two more episodes left.

This HBO series popped up with zero preliminary fanfare during a time of mid-summer doldrums and, thus far, has turned out to be the highlight of Sunday night television for me.

Anyone else watching it?

Comments?

Absolutely one of the best shows ever.

The writing, the story is gripping and provocative. After the last episode I looked up the writers and realized, "oh, that's why"

The Acting is pitch perfect! Naz goes from a nerdish noob to someone who, at the end of the show at least, could well have committed the crime.

The John Tuturro part was first supposed to be played by James Gandolfini and then DeNiro; Tuturro was the best man for the role.

I LOVED the parallelism between the Cat and Naz. Then again, there's the parallelism between his mother and his prison mentor Freddy. (No spoilers hmmkay)

It's your loss if you miss this show.

Oh, I think I'm in love with Andrea Cornish too.

Last edited:

Anyone else watching it?

Comments?

Absolutely one of the best shows ever.

The writing, the story is gripping and provocative. After the last episode I looked up the writers and realized, "oh, that's why"

The Acting is pitch perfect! Naz goes from a nerdish noob to someone who, at the end of the show at least, could well have committed the crime.

The John Tuturro part was first supposed to be played by James Gandolfini and then DeNiro; Tuturro was the best man for the role.

I LOVED the parallelism between the Cat and Naz. Then again, there's the parallelism between his mother and his prison mentor Freddy. (No spoilers hmmkay)

It's your loss if you miss this show.

Oh, I think I'm in love with Andrea Cornish too.

yeah that was a great series

i would recommend it

now i will have to see if it is on demand

Forum List

Back