Will there ever be anyone worth voting for again?

T-Bor

May 24, 2006
It seems like all of these candidates on both sides of the political spectrum are just buffoons. There isn't one of them that can walk to the podium and COMMAND respect. We have no more leaders in America. There is no one that is respectable. No one with a solid background, no one that the WORLD would look to and respect. It's just a shame. All the GOP candidates are just laughable that they would actually control our world and so is anything that the democrats can produce. They are all just a complete joke.

It's just so sad...11 years ago the best we could come up with is Bush...that was a joke..Then the best we could get is Obama..Another joke. Just a sad sad situation.

IMHO Romney has the talent to fix the US, I just don't know if he'd fix it for the 99% or for the 1%.

Totally agree that we rarely see talented guys with America's future as the top priority. They are usually wheeler-dealers with their handlers making deals.

IMHO Romney has the talent to fix the US, I just don't know if he'd fix it for the 99% or for the 1%.

Totally agree that we rarely see talented guys with America's future as the top priority. They are usually wheeler-dealers with their handlers making deals.
And those that could Don't want to enter politics which swerves into Newt's assertion that the Media and thier attacks on people make it so those that could won't.

I can't blame them for staying in the private sector...for now...:eusa_whistle:

And those that could Don't want to enter politics which swerves into Newt's assertion that the Media and their attacks on people make it so those that could won't.

OTOH most of the pols are lawyers, who aren't trained in making tough policy decisions or managing large organizations or large corporations.

How do you think these guys would do as president
1. Warren Buffet
2. Bill Gates
3. Jack Welch
4. Samuel J. Palmisano (IBM)
5. Rex Tillerson (Exxon)
6. Big Bank CEOs
7. (a guy like Steve Jobs)
8. McChrystal
9. Petraeus

Is being one of the most talented guys enough to be a good president?

Damn good question. Best one of the year imo.

Will there ever be anyone worth voting for again? Not until we change the way we run our elections.

Stupid people voting leads to stupid candidates and stupid politicians.

The rich get two representatives on the ballot and the rabble gets to choose among them. What did any of you think would happen when all you can do is worship money and the people who have lots of it.

If I had to guess I would say no look at the choices over the past few elections Bush or Gore Bush or Kerry Obama or McCain and now Obama and either Romney or Gingrich these choices could drive one over the edge.cuckoo:

And those that could Don't want to enter politics which swerves into Newt's assertion that the Media and their attacks on people make it so those that could won't.

OTOH most of the pols are lawyers, who aren't trained in making tough policy decisions or managing large organizations or large corporations.

1. Warren Buffet
2. Bill Gates
3. Jack Welch
5. Rex Tillerson (Exxon)
6. Big Bank CEOs
8. McChrystal
9. Petraeus

Candidate with description of chief contribution
1. Warren Buffet - reduces government red tape
2. Bill Gates - monopolizes government by purchasing competitive ideas and then eliminating them
3. Jack Welch - overachieves balancing budget by 4000%
4. Samuel J. Palmisano (IBM) - makes fortune on legal personal cash printers, but nobody minds because they can afford everything
5. Rex Tillerson (Exxon) - restored gas industry oils wheels of economic boom
6. Big Bank CEOs - use Obama's machine to keep running government while they write themselves huge monthly bonuses
7. (a guy like Steve Jobs) - sacrifices past for bold new future
8. McChrystal - replaces press room protocol with televised power point meetings which he conducts with cabinet members poised for answering questions in their domain.
9. Petraeus - wins in Middle East without resorting to United Nations bullshit by eliminating threats through dialogue with key people on the ground.

1. Warren Buffet
2. Bill Gates
3. Jack Welch
5. Rex Tillerson (Exxon)
6. Big Bank CEOs
8. McChrystal
9. Petraeus

No.

What people do not understand about the Presidency is that it is not really hands on. You have so many Advisers, Etc. The Most important Talent is not some Specific Thing like Economics or Business. Those things help, but you can get good advisers to help you if you lack in these Areas.

no, the most important Quality for a potential Candidate is leadership. Their Ability to lead, Their Party, Their Administration, the Country and the World.

I don't know if any of the Republicans have this Quality or not, But I do know this. Obama does not. His Deer in the headlights, Lead from Behind, Ultra Partisan Style is a massive Failure.

Really?

You don't know if he'll fix it for the 99% or the 1%?

Seriously?

Oh gosh.

The fix is in with Romney..and 99% of Americans aren't part of it.

Really?

You don't know if he'll fix it for the 99% or the 1%?

Seriously?

Oh gosh.

The fix is in with Romney..and 99% of Americans aren't part of it.

You would say that about any candidate that is not a Died in the wool Liberal Democrat. So not sure if anyone is really going to care what you think about it. At least not anyone that isn't a Liberal Lemming.

:evil:

1. Warren Buffet
2. Bill Gates
3. Jack Welch
5. Rex Tillerson (Exxon)
6. Big Bank CEOs
8. McChrystal
9. Petraeus

No because each is good at what he does. Doesn't mean they would be any good at something else.

Same with whatever you do for a living. Maybe "you" are a good hair stylist or accountant or whatever ... doesn't mean you have some other talent.

Biggest reason the Repubs are losers is each one is hiding, running from something. Mittens is hiding his financial truth, newt won't tell the truth about the ethics violations or his $300thousand dollar fines or his addiction to screwing around, Santorum - His obsession with other people's sex lives is just plain disgusting and we don't need a National Peeping Tom and Bedroom Sheriff, Paul, the dottering old gentleman who stayed just a little long at the party and the ultimate party boy, Perry. Dumb as Texas asphalty but get a few drinks in him and he's the life of the party.

Simply put, there's not a president in the bunch.

Boy howdy! Obama is celebrating this bunch!

The op -
Will there ever be anyone worth voting for again?

Yep - President Obama, 'cuz he's the only one who is fighting for the working class.

Eat yore harts out you pore desperate Obama haters!

Dems are Marxists

The Real Problem with our Government is not that Dems are Marxists (though some really are) Or that Republicans Only Care about the Rich (Though some Really do)

No the Real Problem is that except for a Rare Few all of our Elected Officials on both sides of the Isle are Selfists.

Yeah I know it's not a word, but it Fits. They care about their Power, Their Next Election, Their Legacy. They always put those things before country.

Human Nature is our Enemy.

No because each is good at what he does. Doesn't mean they would be any good at something else. Same with whatever you do for a living. Maybe "you" are a good hair stylist or accountant or whatever ... doesn't mean you have some other talent.
The top CEOs are very talented managers or they would not have advanced to that level. The dummies get weeded out of business and end up in politics.

Biggest reason the Repubs are losers is each one is hiding, running from something.
Like Solyndra, Keystone, Fast & Furious, Obamacare, The Debt, The Budget, Entitlements, Bankrupt Medicare, and the unemployment rate??

Mittens is hiding his financial truth,
Hope not. Its not a crime to be wealthy.

newt won't tell the truth about the ethics violations or his $300thousand dollar fines or his addiction to screwing around,
Its his being bribed by FreddieMac and that his followers hate him and ousted him from actual leadership that sinks Newt

Santorum - His obsession with other people's sex lives is just plain disgusting and we don't need a National Peeping Tom and Bedroom Sheriff,
Lets see. Don't promote deviate sex, promote family values...I don't have a problem with that.

Paul, the doting old gentleman who stayed just a little long at the party and the ultimate party boy,
no way no how yet as a 3rd party candidate he'd Nader the GOP guy

Simply put, there's not a president in the bunch. Boy howdy! Obama is celebrating this bunch!

Don't forget 2010, the voters have had enough of this crowd. Its just a question of who controls the Senate.

No.

What people do not understand about the Presidency is that it is not really hands on. You have so many Advisers, Etc. The Most important Talent is not some Specific Thing like Economics or Business. Those things help, but you can get good advisers to help you if you lack in these Areas.

no, the most important Quality for a potential Candidate is leadership. Their Ability to lead, Their Party, Their Administration, the Country and the World.

I don't know if any of the Republicans have this Quality or not, But I do know this. Obama does not. His Deer in the headlights, Lead from Behind, Ultra Partisan Style is a massive Failure.

Joseph Stalin and Adolph Hitler both had great leadership qualities. I think it takes a little more than that.

Forum List

Back