Will the President use a Pocket Veto on the stimulus bill?

With Trump who knows But I can't really see him explicitly vetoing UI benefits, eviction moritoriums for people. HE doesnt'want to be MORE unpopular. HE just wants to fck up congress. And he doesn't care about the pain he causes doing it.

I think no one bothered to clear all this negotiation with the President.

BIG mistake. I don't blame him.
Didn't matter...he signed it.

PS: He had negotiators at the table the entire way. If nobody cleared it with the blob, it was his own people.
Seems that all your pissing of your Depends was for nothing, huh?
We don’t know what gender CC is.
If CC is male then we’re talking a major fag username.

Gee little boy...you sure are frustrated now that your lord and master has betrayed you yet again. LOL Love it!
How did Trump betray me before?
All the previous times he caved in and signed debt ceiling increases, CR's to keep the government operating. Remember the wall he was going to build? How'd that work out? LOL Shut down the government over that one...you remember? Then he caved in to Nancy. LOL...
Did those bills contain handouts to hostile foreign nations?
700 miles of wall and liberal use of ICE cleaned up Nassau County.

The bill didn't contain funding for the 15 miles of wall that was eventually built. You poor thing. It's about time for you to start making lewd comments again. You're losing this argument too.

Trump will try to cut out the foreign aid so eat shit.

We all know what happened when he tried to hold up foreign aid the Congress approved last time. I guess being impeached again would keep him in the spotlight. LOL.

You're having a terrible night...and I couldn't be happier.
You do realize the Trump stopped payments to every nation that voted against us in the UN.
That was a win.
Really? Link for that somewhere? Voted against us when?
It’s not my problem that you only look at the news after the fact.
Try reading a few everyday like Reuters, AP, BBC and a few others when you’re not managing that Major Hospital that depends on you.

With Trump who knows But I can't really see him explicitly vetoing UI benefits, eviction moritoriums for people. HE doesnt'want to be MORE unpopular. HE just wants to fck up congress. And he doesn't care about the pain he causes doing it.

PS: He had negotiators at the table the entire way. If nobody cleared it with the blob, it was his own people.

Gee little boy...you sure are frustrated now that your lord and master has betrayed you yet again. LOL Love it!
All the previous times he caved in and signed debt ceiling increases, CR's to keep the government operating. Remember the wall he was going to build? How'd that work out? LOL Shut down the government over that one...you remember? Then he caved in to Nancy. LOL...

The bill didn't contain funding for the 15 miles of wall that was eventually built. You poor thing. It's about time for you to start making lewd comments again. You're losing this argument too.

We all know what happened when he tried to hold up foreign aid the Congress approved last time. I guess being impeached again would keep him in the spotlight. LOL.

Trump is the man and will make Congress miserable for the next 2 years.

Every republican Senator should get primaried in spring 2022.
What makes you think the Rs are any better or worse than the Ds?
They’ll both sell you out for a penny.

You do realize the Trump stopped payments to every nation that voted against us in the UN.
That was a win.
Try reading a few everyday like Reuters, AP, BBC and a few others when you’re not managing that Major Hospital that depends on you.

Sounds like you're making it all up. But that would be nothing new. You blobbers have your own version of reality.

That was a win.

Sounds like you're making it all up. But that would be nothing new. You blobbers have your own version of reality.
It’s OK honey, I got you figured out...
Trump is not anti-Gay.

Non incumbents are easier to defeat. You guys should make it your life's mission to primary every Republican Senator and House member. God knows you're angry and God also knows you've got time and aren't doing anything else remotely productive.

Non incumbents are easier to defeat. You guys should make it your life's mission to primary every Republican Senator and House member. God knows you're angry and God also knows you've got time and aren't doing anything else remotely productive.
Trump couldn’t serve more than 2 terms anyway.
The US will go the way of every other nation aka needing hand outs.
The question is...from where will the money come?

Guess this is a dead thread now, seeing as how he has signed the 2.3T into law. News said 980B for covid relief and 1.4T to keep the lights on. The report indicated that there were virtually no changes made to the original bill.

He definitely could. This is important because Congress cannot override it.

Will the President use a Pocket Veto on the stimulus bill? (noqreport.com)
23 Dec 2020 ~~ By Scott Boyd
President Trump wants more money for Americans and less money for foreign aid, lobbyists, and special interests, so he rejected the stimulus bill yesterday evening during a speech on the matter. Speculation is spreading that he may not officially veto the stimulus package, opting instead to simply not sign it. With Congress adjourning no later than 11:59 am on January 3rd, that means Congress has until today at noon to get the bill on the President’s desk to prevent a Pocket Veto.
A president presented with a bill from Congress has 10 days, excluding Sundays, to sign or veto it. The exception is if Congress adjourns during that time period, in which case an unsigned and non-vetoed bill essentially disappears. The “Pocket Veto” time period happens to fall perfectly to run into adjournment IF they do not get the massive bill over to him by noon today.

~[snip]~
Democratic Congresswoman Ilhan Omar Tweeted a simple proposal: Give the people the $2000 in a standalone bill and deal with everything else separately. That may actually be the only option left for Capitol Hill unless they want to try to force the current bill onto the President’s desk before noon today and rush an override of his expected veto.
Will Congress push the bill to the President before noon? Will the government shut down after December 28? Will Ilhan Omar be the surprising initiator of the President’s plan? So many questions. Grab the popcorn.

Comment:
I totally agree with Trump. The Deomcrat Porkulus Covid-19 Bill gives nothing to the Ameican taxpayer and is so full of Democrat Pork that now makes DC the Ptok Capital of th world rivaling the city of Smithfield NC.
Prlosi once again wants a Bill passed before we can see what's in it,
What little we know shows that the Bill is not about helping Ameicans but, once again padding Democrat pet projects and funding America's foes like Venezuela, Pakistan, Cambodia and others...
Nonetheless, Yes there are some parts that will actually help workers and families:
  • $30 billion directly provided to states to help them stabilize their funding for schools.
  • $10 billion to help alleviate the harm caused by the coronavirus on higher education institutions, while providing them with added flexibility to continue operating during the crisis.
  • The legislation also would help current borrowers with their student debt burden and GI Bill benefits.
However, the Pork and wish list of the Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Leftist far out weigh the assistance to American taxpayers. For this reason alone the paltry amount of $600,00 to Americans is an insult,

Guess you just got your answer..he signed it

He definitely could. This is important because Congress cannot override it.

Will the President use a Pocket Veto on the stimulus bill? (noqreport.com)
23 Dec 2020 ~~ By Scott Boyd
President Trump wants more money for Americans and less money for foreign aid, lobbyists, and special interests, so he rejected the stimulus bill yesterday evening during a speech on the matter. Speculation is spreading that he may not officially veto the stimulus package, opting instead to simply not sign it. With Congress adjourning no later than 11:59 am on January 3rd, that means Congress has until today at noon to get the bill on the President’s desk to prevent a Pocket Veto.
A president presented with a bill from Congress has 10 days, excluding Sundays, to sign or veto it. The exception is if Congress adjourns during that time period, in which case an unsigned and non-vetoed bill essentially disappears. The “Pocket Veto” time period happens to fall perfectly to run into adjournment IF they do not get the massive bill over to him by noon today.

~[snip]~
Democratic Congresswoman Ilhan Omar Tweeted a simple proposal: Give the people the $2000 in a standalone bill and deal with everything else separately. That may actually be the only option left for Capitol Hill unless they want to try to force the current bill onto the President’s desk before noon today and rush an override of his expected veto.
Will Congress push the bill to the President before noon? Will the government shut down after December 28? Will Ilhan Omar be the surprising initiator of the President’s plan? So many questions. Grab the popcorn.

Comment:
I totally agree with Trump. The Deomcrat Porkulus Covid-19 Bill gives nothing to the Ameican taxpayer and is so full of Democrat Pork that now makes DC the Ptok Capital of th world rivaling the city of Smithfield NC.
Prlosi once again wants a Bill passed before we can see what's in it,
What little we know shows that the Bill is not about helping Ameicans but, once again padding Democrat pet projects and funding America's foes like Venezuela, Pakistan, Cambodia and others...
Nonetheless, Yes there are some parts that will actually help workers and families:
  • $30 billion directly provided to states to help them stabilize their funding for schools.
  • $10 billion to help alleviate the harm caused by the coronavirus on higher education institutions, while providing them with added flexibility to continue operating during the crisis.
  • The legislation also would help current borrowers with their student debt burden and GI Bill benefits.
However, the Pork and wish list of the Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Leftist far out weigh the assistance to American taxpayers. For this reason alone the paltry amount of $600,00 to Americans is an insult,

It would be a fitting sad end to the disgusting pervert's administration.... 40M Americans out of work and now he's so pissed off about losing the election, he's denying them unemployment benefits and the rest of us a stimulus check which many people could use.

Trump has gone from being pathetic to being sad and pathetic.

~~~~~~
Why should president Trump sign a Bill that will in the end be a folly by the Left and then foisted upon him as a failure. Using the pocket veto will force the incoming president to sign a new Bill created by the new Congress of 2021.
Trump is right to reject this piece of crap.

He signed it....but history told us, no matter what he does his cult will find him excuses.

Add all that up and give me a figure of how much of the $900 Billion that makes up.
$625 billion for those items I noted.
The vast majority of the remainder is for schools, hospitals and mass transit.

Forum List

Back