Will the Church repent?

I feel so bad for Protestants, without your sermons, fear of Jesus returning any moment and your KJ Bible, I don't know how you would survive.

It is written:

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Philippians 1:21 (KJV)

In other words, for me to live is Christ and for me to die is to gain Christ.

Penelope, who are you living for? If you do not live for Christ what will you gain after you die?

Dumitru Duduman wrote the following:

Attraction toward things of the world focuses our attention on the world. It distracts from our purpose, which is Christ. It becomes like an immense burden when the cares of this world begin to pile up on our shoulders. Only by rejecting all that is of the world will we be free from the worries of this life. When we rid ourselves of the desire for earthly things, the desire for heavenly things is ignited in our hearts.

Written by Dumitru Duduman
Life in Christ, page 52, 2nd paragraph

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Isaiah 26:23 (KJV)

Jesus said,

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. - John 14:27

How could any Christian who is abiding in Christ be fearful of his return? It is impossible.

Who is fearful, its just not going to happen. Those end time cults are nonsense, get out of them.

Surely you jest!! I'm 82 years old and I've been living with that "Jesus Is Coming Soon" all my life. All religion is made up by man for his own personal advancement:

Fast Facts about American Religion
You are 82 years old? Then you will meet Jesus in five minutes or so, or the five minutes after that. He has blessed you with a long life, but you will not live much longer. What will you say to him when you meet him? Whooops, I didn't know? Christianity is all around you, so what is your excuse? Bibles are sold in every bookstore in America so what is your excuse? There is a free Bible which you can steal in every hotel and motel room in America, so what is your excuse? If I were you, I would not be so cocksure I was right that there is no God. I would at least look into the possibility that I was wrong. You have nothing to lose by making such an investigation, and everything to gain.
Josh McDowell, A Christian apologist and author, used to be an atheist. He used to think Christians were idiots. Then one of his fellow college students challenged him to prove that God doesn't exist. Josh was a Rhodes Scholar. A very educated individual. He accepted the challenge. He became a Christian as a result.

God used Josh McDowell to write the book, Evidence that demands a verdict. Many people have come to Christ after seeing the evidence that Josh presented in this book. To God be the glory!
images

Forum List

Back