Will Notre Dame win BCS title?

Will Notre Dame win the BCS title?

• yes

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • no

Votes: 18 90.0%

• Total voters
well, that squeaker better be the last one they need to keep from feeling like they have it all wrapped up.

SC won't fall apart like that and find a way to lose.

Gotta say, ND didn't win as much as Pitt lost.
Feel free not to share everything in this thread!

A team that gives up over 700 yards and 62 points doesnt scare me a whole lot.

USC on defense is gassed - not only against Oregon - but most teams.

I predicted in Sept they would be at least a 4 loss team.

How about a team that gives up 615 yards and 51 points? Should we be scared of them?

Just for a reference, that is 157 yards and 1 point more than USC managed against a 1-6 Colorado (one of the worst teams in the big 6 conferences).

well, that squeaker better be the last one they need to keep from feeling like they have it all wrapped up.

SC won't fall apart like that and find a way to lose.

Gotta say, ND didn't win as much as Pitt lost.
Feel free not to share everything in this thread!

A team that gives up over 700 yards and 62 points doesnt scare me a whole lot.

USC on defense is gassed - not only against Oregon - but most teams.

I predicted in Sept they would be at least a 4 loss team.

Yep, you nailed that prediction.

I underestimated USC's depth issue and their defensive weakness.

Notre Dame has the defensive line that can destroy Alabama.

TCU will beat Kansas St.

Oregon will lose one of its last two games.

Notre Dame has the defensive line that can destroy Alabama.

TCU will beat Kansas St.

Oregon will lose one of its last two games.

LSU's defensive line didn't destroy Alabama. And ND has not faced a defense like Alabama's. If you think Pitt was hard to beat, wait till you play the Crimson Tide.

I'm not too concerned about Boston College this time except for injuries.

They won't ruin NDs perfect season like they did in 1993.

ND won the NC in 93 -not Florida St

Florida St should give the NC trpohy to ND in 93.

Where up on you smucks 24 - 7 at half - then FSU closed in the 2nd half to make it look better 31-24 I think

Both teams finished with one loss after the bowls

\so much for head-to head .....................................

Now that it's "bye-bye Bama", I guess it will be the Irish against um.......who?

Oregon or Kansas State.

Doesn't matter, they'll beat the shit out of either team.

I guess this thread was pretty right on? How many voted "no"? I know only two voted "yes", which is the correct answer.

Fuckin' Irish are kick-ass! However, winning the National Championship is secondary to beating the fuck out of SC in front of the people they love.

Oh, oh, McCarrin, you fucker! Don't kill my buzz!

Now that it's "bye-bye Bama", I guess it will be the Irish against um.......who?

Oregon or Kansas State.

I guess this thread was pretty right on? How many voted "no"? I know only two voted "yes", which is the correct answer.

Fuckin' Irish are kick-ass! However, winning the National Championship is secondary to beating the fuck out of SC in front of the people they love.

The Irish do not make it past USC.

Oregon or Kansas State.

The Irish do not make it past USC.

They will beat them easy.

With the powder puff schedule that ND has I don't understand how they rate over LSU and Alabama. I think ND should be ranked about 7th if that.
Well, for one thing, Alabama and LSU both have losses. Notre Dame is undefeated. In addition, the Irish have already played 4 ranked teams (they'll finish playing 5). Alabama and LSU have played only 3 ranked teams. Oregon has only played 2 (but will finish with 3). I'm not sure about KS, they might have played 2 or 3, definately not 4. So I don't know where you get off saying they play a "powder puff" schedule. Care to explain that one in more detail? Or are you just some pissed off Boise St. fan?

With the powder puff schedule that ND has I don't understand how they rate over LSU and Alabama. I think ND should be ranked about 7th if that.
Well, for one thing, Alabama and LSU both have losses. Notre Dame is undefeated. In addition, the Irish have already played 4 ranked teams (they'll finish playing 5). Alabama and LSU have played only 3 ranked teams. Oregon has only played 2 (but will finish with 3). I'm not sure about KS, they might have played 2 or 3, definately not 4. So I don't know where you get off saying they play a "powder puff" schedule. Care to explain that one in more detail? Or are you just some pissed off Boise St. fan?

Notre Dame has played Michigan, Stanford, Oklahoma and will play USC, all ranked.
Alabama has played Michigan, LSU, Texas A&M and will play a ranked team in the SEC Championship game.
Oregon has played USC and will finished play ranked Stanford, Oregon St., and a ranked USC or UCLA in the PAC-12 Championship game.
Kansas St. has played Oklahoma, Texas Tech and will play Texas, all ranked.

Notre Dame is ranked right where they should be. In front of Bama, and the third best unbeaten team. Oregon, looks scary, but finishing the season against 3 ranked teams will tell us how good they are.

Playing Navy, Miami, BYU, Pittsburgh, Boston College, Michigan St and Wake is not a strong schedule.

When I saw Miami on the schedule - I thought that coud be a tough game.

Also - BYU, Pitt and Michigan St are solid teams that play tough.

Forum List

Back