Will Libs who condemned Patriot Act Support Obama Drones Killing Americans?

1) "The Drone Program was started under BUUUUUUUUUUUUSH!"

True, but Bush preferred CAPTURING terrorists and getting information out of them. And if you can find the Bush admin arguing that they could target AMERICANS ON AMERICAN SOIL (and without trial), you let me know. (I know you won't be able to)

2) "Well, here we go again. Republicans wouldn't hold BUUUUUUUUUUSH accountable for the drone program but now they go after Obama!"

BUT the Bush admin wasn't arguing they should be able to give foreign terrorists trials with juries, while arguing they could target AMERICANS ON AMERICAN SOIL WITHOUT A TRIAL.

You obviously have forgotten that the Bush Admin argued that the President can do anything he wants if it meant protecting America...You supported it. Now you cry foul. It was call the Unitary Executive Theory.

So you dislike libs who didnt like the patriot act but are ok with drone strikes and call them hypocrits. While ignoring your support of the patriot act and not being ok with drone strikes....Saying GWB preferred (sccccreeeach) Wait, preferred or didnt engage in? Oh just another way for you to weasel out of what happened and did not happen

Based on the new Conservative consensus that has emerged on these matters,

if the hijacked planes on 9/11 had been flown by American terrorists, it would have been unconstitutional to shoot them down before they reached their targets.

Liberals can't find a coherent argument because they secretly hope that the president would target those evil right wingers for drone attacks and libs are okay with that.

Remember when one of the big criticisms the Right had was that too many Democrats/liberals wanted to approach terrorism as a criminal investigation,

and not as a war?

When did the Right flip flop?

Remember when one of the big criticisms the Right had was that too many Democrats/liberals wanted to approach terrorism as a criminal investigation,

and not as a war?

When did the Right flip flop?

As soon as a Dem used the same power they once supported.

Thats when

Liberals can't find a coherent argument because they secretly hope that the president would target those evil right wingers for drone attacks and libs are okay with that.

The argument you can't refute is that the AUMF authorizes the president to use military force against anyone who is a part of al qaeda,

and that includes American citizens.

You're just fearful that the government might be able to use force to stop the next Tim McVeigh before he gets to the federal building.

KNEW IT!

I knew libs would be quiet.

Can I predict them or can't I?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wow!! You allowed us a whole 10 minutes to respond!

THIS "lib" certainly does not support Obama killing American citizens without due process, or any President for that matter.

There is no law that prevents law enforcement from taking out a suspect from a helicopter. They don't do it.....but there is no law against it

There is if the suspect isn't doing anything. Law enforcement does not have the right to kill people who MIGHT be doing something, or who are SUSPECTED of doing something. The President should not have that power either.

Same applies to drones. It is a tool that is available if the situation warrants it. But it is unlikely to be used

That's the same reasoning the right used on the subject of indefinite detention and "enhanced interrogation" too. Now we know that certainly was NOT the case.

Forum List

Back