Will John Bush be MItts VP pick?

Probably not.

Portman, Pawlenty or Christie (Star power) might be the safe bet.

Rubio might be the "safe" hail Mary to vie for hispanic votes.

Santorum might get it if the convention is "brokered".

Christie isn't ready. You'll see him as VP or presidential candidate in 2016.

It's still too soon for people to get excited about a Bush...pain is too fresh.

Rubio isn't going to help Governor Etch-a-Sketch with Hispanics so I doubt he'd take the risk.

I heard Huckabump being mentioned and I can see him going for Huckabee. He's got the evangelical following Mittens can't seem to pin down and people like him. Romney needs someone that people like since they really, really don't like him much at all.

Of course, that would mean Huckabee would have to give up his lucrative TV career. Touch choice...

He won't go for Huckabee..

Huckabee condemned the Mormon religion some time ago..

Actually, the most devastating things Huck said about Romney had nothing to do with Mormonism.

My personal favorite. "I look like the guy you work with, ROmney looks like the guy who lays you off."

The only thing that Huckabee said that "condemns" Mormonism was that he asked if Mormons believe Jesus and Satan were brothers. (Incidently, this is what Mormons really believe!)

I wouldn't classify what Huckabump said as "devastating" at all...probably because it is true. Certainly not enough to keep him from getting the nomination. Romney needs someone with HIGH likability ratings.

It's still too soon for people to get excited about a Bush...pain is too fresh.

Rubio isn't going to help Governor Etch-a-Sketch with Hispanics so I doubt he'd take the risk.

I heard Huckabump being mentioned and I can see him going for Huckabee. He's got the evangelical following Mittens can't seem to pin down and people like him. Romney needs someone that people like since they really, really don't like him much at all.

Of course, that would mean Huckabee would have to give up his lucrative TV career. Touch choice...

Actually, the most devastating things Huck said about Romney had nothing to do with Mormonism.

My personal favorite. "I look like the guy you work with, ROmney looks like the guy who lays you off."

The only thing that Huckabee said that "condemns" Mormonism was that he asked if Mormons believe Jesus and Satan were brothers. (Incidently, this is what Mormons really believe!)

Oh please. Huckabee knew exactly what he was doing. He condemned Mormonism and Romney in the eyes of the Evangelican base. Yeah..it's in the religion..but it was wildly out of Context. The base religion holds that Lucifer was a favorite Angel of god. So this really wasn't all that far out.

Probably not.

Ready for Vice? What makes you ready for Vice?

Christie would be a fine pick. While I don't care for him all that much..he's got good political instincts and good chops. He isn't perfect..but he would have the same appeal Biden does. Although he's not as authentic.

Romney will pick someone with a strong mainstream evangelical alliance as well as a strong conservative record- The field is wide open- Regardless, it is going to be an ugly election year- but in the end I truly believe that Obama will be toast in November- thank God!

Probably not.

eeeehhh, don't think so.

Christie is probably gone after the 2013 gubenatorial election. He's made no friends in his home state.

Romney will pick someone with a strong mainstream evangelical alliance as well as a strong conservative record- The field is wide open- Regardless, it is going to be an ugly election year- but in the end I truly believe that Obama will be toast in November- thank God!

Unlikely.

The Veep selection is meaningless. The best Romney can do is take someone who won't make matters worse, like an Egleton or a Palin.

But Romney will lose for two reasons. 1) He's an awful candidate who can barely beat has-beens and non-entities. and 2) the Republican party has lost touch with working folks, women and hispanics, all demographics they need to win.

Romney will lose more states than McCain did.

Oh please. Huckabee knew exactly what he was doing. He condemned Mormonism and Romney in the eyes of the Evangelican base. Yeah..it's in the religion..but it was wildly out of Context. The base religion holds that Lucifer was a favorite Angel of god. So this really wasn't all that far out.

Well, to me it's like a discussion about whether Santa and the Easter Bunny are brothers...

But, yeah, this is a serious matter to Evangelicals.

I wouldn't classify what Huckabump said as "devastating" at all...probably because it is true. Certainly not enough to keep him from getting the nomination. Romney needs someone with HIGH likability ratings.

Huckabee is in the middle of a big deal to launch a new radio show that's going head to head with Limbaugh... So I don't think he's going to play, no matter how much Romney begs him.

Also, a Romney/Huckbee Ticket has the same problem as Spam Eggs and Spam.

It still has Spam.... er Romney in it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE]Monty Python - Spam - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back