Will John Bush be MItts VP pick?

Probably not.

Portman, Pawlenty or Christie (Star power) might be the safe bet.

Rubio might be the "safe" hail Mary to vie for hispanic votes.

Santorum might get it if the convention is "brokered".

Probably not.

If Rubio or Santorum he loses my vote for sure.

Christie or Bush... Have to think on that.

Probably not.

VP picks seldom does much for a ticket with the notable exceptions of Johnson and Cheney. And in this current field I think who ever Mitt picks will have absolute no effect on the way he will govern..should he win.

Probably not.

VP picks seldom does much for a ticket with the notable exceptions of Johnson and Cheney. And in this current field I think who ever Mitt picks will have absolute no effect on the way he will govern..should he win.

I dunno the republicans were very ho hum about McCain till he paicked Palin and it was like they all snorted a big line of coke at the same time.

I dunno the republicans were very ho hum about McCain till he paicked Palin and it was like they all snorted a big line of coke at the same time.

:lol:

True dat! And they got collective boners..

Last edited by a moderator:
i have no clue who you are talking about......who is John Bush? Romney needs a strong, well liked VP and someone with conservative views.

I think John should have run for president but his last name kept him away. Not sure if he would want to be second fiddle to Romney but it would make an interesting ticket. Rubio to get Florida and SOME latinos or Portman to get the very important Ohio would be a good choice. Christie has probably lost his luster and might be a negative rather than an asset. I thought McDonnell would have been a good choice a few weeks ago but the transvaginal ultrasound matter has knocked him down for awhile. Adding Santorum would be a death sentence.

I think John should have run for president but his last name kept him away. Not sure if he would want to be second fiddle to Romney but it would make an interesting ticket. Rubio to get Florida and SOME latinos or Portman to get the very important Ohio would be a good choice. Christie has probably lost his luster and might be a negative rather than an asset. I thought McDonnell would have been a good choice a few weeks ago but the transvaginal ultrasound matter has knocked him down for awhile. Adding Santorum would be a death sentence.

Rubio wouldn't get anything but Cubans in Florida still mad at Castro. And that vote would even be split.

Hispanics don't really like Cubans. Being part Cuban..I know this.. :D

It's still too soon for people to get excited about a Bush...pain is too fresh.

Rubio isn't going to help Governor Etch-a-Sketch with Hispanics so I doubt he'd take the risk.

I heard Huckabump being mentioned and I can see him going for Huckabee. He's got the evangelical following Mittens can't seem to pin down and people like him. Romney needs someone that people like since they really, really don't like him much at all.

Of course, that would mean Huckabee would have to give up his lucrative TV career. Touch choice...

Rubio isn't going to help Governor Etch-a-Sketch with Hispanics so I doubt he'd take the risk.

I heard Huckabump being mentioned and I can see him going for Huckabee. He's got the evangelical following Mittens can't seem to pin down and people like him. Romney needs someone that people like since they really, really don't like him much at all.

Of course, that would mean Huckabee would have to give up his lucrative TV career. Touch choice...

He won't go for Huckabee..

Huckabee condemned the Mormon religion some time ago..

He won't go for Huckabee..

Huckabee condemned the Mormon religion some time ago..

Actually, the most devastating things Huck said about Romney had nothing to do with Mormonism.

My personal favorite. "I look like the guy you work with, ROmney looks like the guy who lays you off."

The only thing that Huckabee said that "condemns" Mormonism was that he asked if Mormons believe Jesus and Satan were brothers. (Incidently, this is what Mormons really believe!)

Rubio wouldn't get anything but Cubans in Florida still mad at Castro. And that vote would even be split.

That's why I wrote "SOME" latinos. And I agree, Hispanics are some of the most prejudiced people I've ever met.

Agreed. Rubio doesn't help Willard at all with Hispanics so there would be no point in nominating him.

Romney will pick a white, Christian male.

Forum List

Back