Will Cultural Conservatives Condemn Rush...

Should Rush Limbaugh apologize for these comments?

• Total voters
Said it before. I will say it again.

» Hypocrisy on Capitol Hill: Deconstructing a Dishonest Speech About Birth Control - Big Government

I don't care how many threads have been started about this, I'm going to say my piece.

When I heard Sandra Fluke's speech about having so much sex in law school she needs to spend a thousand bucks a year on birth control. My, instant response (before I heard Rush's broadcast) was "WHAT KIND OF WHORE GOES TO CAPITAL HILL AND TELLS PEOPLE 'I'M SUCH A SLUT, I NEED THE GOVERNMENT TO PAY A THOUSAND BUCKS ON BIRTH CONTROL.'"

I'm married and I don't spend a thousand bucks a year on birth control. If I did my husband wouldn't be able to stop smiling until he saw the bill for birth control and even HE would say the sex train has to be slowed down if are spending THAT much on birth control.

CAN ANY of you girls (my age at least) imagine going out in public (when you were in your 20s) and saying (let alone going to Capital Hill), "Hi, I'm a slut and I need you to pay for me to have sex!"

THIS is how Obama plans to get re-elected. The slut vote?

This is ridiculous. It's so over the top I can't imagine this not having a huge blowback.

People are going to figure out, (even the very stupid) no one wants to take away their birth control. We just don't want to pay for it.

How many presidents have we had (both Democrat and Republican) and somehow we girls have always been able to get our birth control. No one has tried to take it away.

Now, all of a sudden, because Obama wants the government and tax payers to go EVEN MORE BROKE paying for another government goodie, women aren't going to have birth control UNLESS they get it for free courtesy of the American tax payer.

WHAT A BS SHAM!

Who is STUPID ENOUGH to buy this? Oh yeah, I forgot, LIBERALS.

Just when I think liberals can't possibly try to dumb down the populace at large any further, I'm proved to be wrong.

If this stupidity works, it IS time to give up on the American public.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

or is what Rush said about (and to) Georgetown University law student, Sandra Fluke, acceptable to them?

Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh, already under fire from Democrats over his language in discussing a Georgetown University law student who testified about contraception, ratcheted up his rhetoric on Thursday, saying the student should post an online sex video if taxpayers are forced to pay for contraception.

Limbaugh on Wednesday had referred to student Sandra Fluke as a “slut” for supporting a requirement that health insurance cover contraception. On his radio show Thursday, Limbaugh went a little further:
"So Miss Fluke, and the rest of you Feminazis, here's the deal. If we are going to pay for your contraceptives, and thus pay for you to have sex. We want something for it. We want you post the videos online so we can all watch."

U.S. News - Limbaugh: Contraception advocate should post online sex videos

ohhh

Faux outrage from ThinkProgress.

Fluke is a ****.

Got it?

Who was it who said that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink?

Is she that ugly?

The people who have a problem with this are the Churches who live in mortal fear someone out there might be enjoying himself.

The GOP is absolutely brain-dead for wanting to go down this road.

The lefty atheist bigot spouts off again... :rolleyes:

The people who have a problem with this are the Churches who live in mortal fear someone out there might be enjoying himself.

That's the fucking reality, man. The GOP has sagged since they started going on about this.

Obama played you idiots like a violin.

He's got you fighting amongst yourselves over this issue. It was sweet watching Romney go back and forth yesterday about the Blunt Amendment... (He was against it before he was for it.)

That's the fucking reality, man.

The reality is that you are a pathetic, far-left, insecure, hateful, scared, bigoted little atheist worm? Yeah, everyone knows by now, so STFU already.

Jesus, no one is taking birth control away from anyone.................they just want them to pay for it themselves. Like I did, like my daughter does, like my granddaughter does, like my sister does, like my nieces do, like my female friends so.

NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE AWAY BIRTH CONTROL FROM ANYONE!! IT'S FREE AT THE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT, RIGHT NOW TODAY!!

Jesus, no one is taking birth control away from anyone.................they just want them to pay for it themselves. Like I did, like my daughter does, like my granddaughter does, like my sister does, like my nieces do, like my female friends so.

NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE AWAY BIRTH CONTROL FROM ANYONE!! IT'S FREE AT THE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT, RIGHT NOW TODAY!!

Why should you have to go down to the "county health department" when you should be gettting it from your insurance provider?

The thing is, when you offer insurance in lieu of pay, then it is open to regulation, just like pay is.

You can't ignore the minimum wage laws or the overtime laws because of your religion, and you can't ignore the requirements to provide reproductive health services.

Why should you have to go down to the "county health department" when you should be gettting it from your insurance provider?

The thing is, when you offer insurance in lieu of pay, then it is open to regulation, just like pay is.

You can't ignore the minimum wage laws or the overtime laws because of your religion, and you can't ignore the requirements to provide reproductive health services.

Ok then, you can pay for it. Just go up to that gal's college and start a fund so birth control will be available for all. After all, it's the right thing to do and I don't have to participate if I don't want to.............NO ONE IS TAKING AWAY BIRTH CONTROL. INSURANCE PLANS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PAY FOR EVERY PRESCRIPTION WRITTEN.

Ok then, you can pay for it. Just go up to that gal's college and start a fund so birth control will be available for all. After all, it's the right thing to do and I don't have to participate if I don't want to.............NO ONE IS TAKING AWAY BIRTH CONTROL. INSURANCE PLANS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PAY FOR EVERY PRESCRIPTION WRITTEN.

I'm already paying for it in the guise that companies get huge tax breaks for the current system. Insurance companies are already getting huge subsidies from programs like SCHIP and Medicare Part C. Churches get huge tax breaks on their income and property that the rest of us have to make up the slack for.

So if we decide, hey, the law now SAYS as a business, you have to provide a service as a condition of employment, (one that won't actually cost you anything), you can't go back and say, "No, I'm not because my Sky Pixies says not to."

Yes...The morality of paying your own fucking way in the world.
But the only way you regard contraceptive devices is from a moral prospective? Is any other service usually found under a medical plan is also the moral responsibility of the individual to pay for himself? If PAP smears and prostate exams were dropped due to the intimate nature of the exam (and the moral question of the service provider's feelings) , the individual would have to pay for those services himself as well?

Apples and oranges. The Pill is not necessary to good health. Pap smears and prostate exams are.

So birth control is NOT a women's health issue? I wonder whose health is most effected by a pregnancy? Could it be the woman's?

And if there is an unwanted pregnancy, and the Social Conservatives eliminate abortion rights, could contraception be then seen as not necessary for good health?

Conservatives, I have one question and it's easy. The answer is either yes or no.

Are contraceptive devices strictly and exclusively a matter of morality?

For some religions, yes. You have not heard that by now? What did you think the fuss was all about when Obama said he was going to force the Catholic church to buy the Pill for its employees? Did you fall for the "war on women" bullshit or something? Did you think it was the Church that started this war on the First Amendment?
For some religions, blood transfusions are strictly and exclusively a moral issue. Would you think that this is good health policy too?

She may not be a "promiscuous" person per se. But most women go on the pill because they want ot have unprotected sex without the risk of pregnancy.
Ok. Fine. The conclusion is that people who use contraception like to have sex. How much is the determining factor is how much and how often.
And with how many partners.
In our society a woman who engages in sex with multiple partners or without any "strings" attached is often called a slut or a whore. So what. Guys that do the same things are called different names.
So what.
Deal with it.
I am getting sick and tired of everyone wanting an "apology".
Can-you imagine that some contraceptive devices have genuine health benefits, or is it just a desire to turn the clock back to before the invention of the pill? Is it repression you're after? Because it's the right course you're on.

But it's a losing course. Belief that the one and only reason women are on the pill is for unprotected sex is a shallow, stupid, totally unconsidered position. Wagging your finger without thinking it through is not a wise course at all.

Typical lib emotional knee jerk reaction.
I know "the pill" has been and is used for medical purposes. Such as for women with severe "issues" with menstruation. But "the pill" cannot be used by women with certain medical conditions such as high blood pressure.
That is a different issue.
The subject matter is contraception. Not medical.
As with anything, there can be accommodations and exceptions.
Again, we're discussing birth control. That is a CHOICE. People making that choice should fund their own choices. It's a very simple concept.
Is pregnancy a women's health issue?

You cannot force by legislative FIAT people to pay for services they don't belive in nor participate in on behalf of those too lazy to do so on thier own nor take responsibility for.

This is all about living life with no consequences and others paying for what the individual should do on thier own.

Conservatives, I have one question and it's easy. The answer is either yes or no.

Are contraceptive devices strictly and exclusively a matter of morality?

For some religions, yes. You have not heard that by now? What did you think the fuss was all about when Obama said he was going to force the Catholic church to buy the Pill for its employees? Did you fall for the "war on women" bullshit or something? Did you think it was the Church that started this war on the First Amendment?
For some religions, blood transfusions are strictly and exclusively a moral issue. Would you think that this is good health policy too?

No it isn't, some die because of that view.
It is their religious view and the 1st amendment gives them that freedom.
Whether you like it or not.
Because of that view none of them have accidental gotten aids either.

You cannot force by legislative FIAT people to pay for services they don't belive in nor participate in on behalf of those too lazy to do so on thier own nor take responsibility for.

This is all about living life with no consequences and others paying for what the individual should do on thier own.
With this line of thinking, isn't it then plausible that companies will seek out the least effective, minimal coverage so things like PAP smears, prostate exams, sonograms, ultrasound, blood transfusions, skin grafts, cancer screenings or any other medical procedure is not covered? All the employer has to say is "I prayed about it and I don't think we should cover it."

Is this a clumsy stab at eliminating health care by hiding behind an altar?

With this line of thinking, isn't it then plausible that companies will seek out the least effective, minimal coverage so things like PAP smears, prostate exams, sonograms, ultrasound, blood transfusions, skin grafts, cancer screenings or any other medical procedure is not covered? All the employer has to say is "I prayed about it and I don't think we should cover it."

No they will not. Companies rely on profit and if it's not an effect product that works they will not make it anymore. Sales regulate if a product remains or not.

No it isn't, some die because of that view.
It is their religious view and the 1st amendment gives them that freedom.
Whether you like it or not.
Because of that view none of them have accidental gotten aids either.
Do you wonder how many cases of AIDS have been prevented by using condoms?

Can you conceive of a situation where someone needs a blood transfusion and yet cannot get one due to 'religious' views? What's stopping an insurance carrier from writing policies that exclude any other medical service if not for religious reasons, but merely for financial reasons?

Birth Control is in the best interests of society, it helps prevent the spread of STDs, prevents unwanted pregnancies and abortions

No they will not. Companies rely on profit and if it's not an effect product that works they will not make it anymore. Sales regulate if a product remains or not.
A policy like this has got to be cheap and cheap sells! Are you relying on market forces to make health care decisions?

Is there nothing that market forces cannot do? They can dictate who lives and who dies. You're just making death panels open offices on Wall Street.

Forum List

Back