Will America and the west recognize Venice? Votejust in. 89% vote to secede.

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
So will our leaders start strutting like banty roosters again and thumping their chests and threaten sanctions like they have over Crimea?

Will they call this move "illegal"? Oh and of course the high numbers could be challenged I suppose like Crimea wanting to run away from the whack jobs in Kiev.

Did they break international law in Venice? Will our leaders condemn them? Or will we convince our morons in power to keep their freaking noses out of other countries' business?

Venice votes to split from Italy as 89% of the city's residents opt to form a new independent state

Wealthy residents are opposing high taxes which support poorer south

Venice gets 21 billion euros less in grants than it gives in taxes per year

Overwhelming 89 per cent majority voted to break away from Italy

Activists have been working with SNP and attended rallies in Scotland

Venice votes to split from Italy as 89% of the city's residents opt to form a new independent state | Mail Online

Last edited:
Apples and oranges. The people of Venice weren't invaded and occupied by a foreign army whose very presence would influence a vote. Never mind that the vote in Crimea wasn't monitored to ensure that it was fair - if a vote under those circumstances could ever be considered fair.

No Russians invaded Crimea. They were there already and had been all along.

Apples and oranges. The people of Venice weren't invaded and occupied by a foreign army whose very presence would influence a vote. Never mind that the vote in Crimea wasn't monitored to ensure that it was fair - if a vote under those circumstances could ever be considered fair.

They weren't invaded. Russians via a treaty signed in 1997 and extended to 2042 are allowed up to 25,000 troops.

The new interim government in Kiev contains some high ranking members of Svoboda whose party platform includes stripping Crimea of its autonomy. They hate anyone who speaks Russian and want to ban the Russian language entirely and is/are ethnic Russian vs being "ethnically pure Ukrainian".

If I was Crimean I'd have voted for Russia's protection as well. BTW Crimea is 60% ethnic Russian.

The vote was a no brainer.

Last edited:

So, Russian troops taking over Crimean military bases didn't actually happen?

You do realize that people of Russian decent living in a foreign country does not make that foreign country Russian territory...right? Maybe not. You are a complete idiot.

There's a town nearby that has a very high volume of residence of Portugese decent. If Portuguese troops occupied the town, and residents voted to secede and become part of Portugal, I guess you guys would support that. Or do you only support such actions when lover boy Putin is involved?

Last edited:

You do realize that people of Russian decent living in a foreign country does not make that foreign country Russian territory...right? Maybe not. You are a complete idiot.

Pro Russian militias. You really need to stop buying into the lies we are being fed.

There's a town nearby that has a very high volume of residence of Portugese decent. If Portuguese troops occupied the town, and residents voted to secede and become part of Portugal, I guess you guys would support that. Or do you only support such actions when lover boy Putin is involved?

Do you only support votes for independence when they favor the west. You know like Kosovo? Or like the Falkland Islands?

And one more time. There was no invasion. It's a lie.

Do you only support votes for independence when they favor the west. You know like Kosovo? Or like the Falkland Islands?

And one more time. There was no invasion. It's a lie.

There was no invasion :lol: Yeah ok. Is this the latest right-wing chain email topic?

Ukraine calls Russian troops ?invasion? - The Washington Post

Earlier in the day, the new Ukrainian government said that hundreds of soldiers in green camouflage, without insignia but carrying military-style automatic rifles, had taken over two airports in Crimea. Regularly scheduled flights continued, at least until nightfall, when the airspace above Crimea, a region of Ukraine with deep ties to Russia, was suddenly declared closed.

Internet videos of Russian military helicopters flying over Crimea’s muddy winter fields went viral Friday. Russian IL-76 planes suspected of carrying 2,000 troops landed at a military base in Gvardiysky, near the regional capital of Simferopol, according to Crimea’s ATR television.

Russia’s Foreign Ministry said Moscow had informed Ukraine that it would be moving armored units from its Black Sea navy base in the city of Sevastopol deeper into Crimean territory to protect its operations

Nope. No invasion to see here. Move along now :eusa_whistle:

So will our leaders start strutting like banty roosters again and thumping their chests and threaten sanctions like they have over Crimea?

Will they call this move "illegal"? Oh and of course the high numbers could be challenged I suppose like Crimea wanting to run away from the whack jobs in Kiev.

Did they break international law in Venice? Will our leaders condemn them? Or will we convince our morons in power to keep their freaking noses out of other countries' business?

Venice votes to split from Italy as 89% of the city's residents opt to form a new independent state

Wealthy residents are opposing high taxes which support poorer south

Venice gets 21 billion euros less in grants than it gives in taxes per year

Overwhelming 89 per cent majority voted to break away from Italy

Activists have been working with SNP and attended rallies in Scotland

Venice votes to split from Italy as 89% of the city's residents opt to form a new independent state | Mail Online
I thought you were talking about Venice Beach, Ca.

It would suck if I had to get a passport and a visa just to go to the beach!

Ukraine calls Russian troops ?invasion? - The Washington Post

Earlier in the day, the new Ukrainian government said that hundreds of soldiers in green camouflage, without insignia but carrying military-style automatic rifles, had taken over two airports in Crimea. Regularly scheduled flights continued, at least until nightfall, when the airspace above Crimea, a region of Ukraine with deep ties to Russia, was suddenly declared closed.

Internet videos of Russian military helicopters flying over Crimea’s muddy winter fields went viral Friday. Russian IL-76 planes suspected of carrying 2,000 troops landed at a military base in Gvardiysky, near the regional capital of Simferopol, according to Crimea’s ATR television.

Russia’s Foreign Ministry said Moscow had informed Ukraine that it would be moving armored units from its Black Sea navy base in the city of Sevastopol deeper into Crimean territory to protect its operations

Nope. No invasion to see here. Move along now :eusa_whistle:

No invasion. Read your own excerpt. Anyone who thought that Putin was just going to give up his base is a bloody fool.

Crimeans regard the coup in Kiev as illegal. And it is.

But because the west benefits from the coup the Ukraine has been embraced despite the goons and thugs who took over driving a duly elected President and government from power.

I'm of Ukrainian descent and I have been following this dogs breakfast for far longer than most. I know who Svoboda and the Right Sector are.

I am really pissed off at my own government and media for not reporting truthfully what has transpired in the Ukraine. And I'm more pissed off than ever at my freaking leadership is even butting its nose into this mess when we have no business whatsoever taking sides on behalf of the EU.

Bipartisan rant.

Back to Venice. Here's another instance where by a country was given to another country. Napoleon was the culprit here. Nikita was the culprit with Crimea.

I wonder how Scotland will vote now. The world as we know it is getting shaken up.

Yes it was actually monitored.

They took over the bases AFTER everything was voted on and signed. It is now Russian territory.
Yes let them secede.

Back to Venice. Here's another instance where by a country was given to another country. Napoleon was the culprit here. Nikita was the culprit with Crimea.

I wonder how Scotland will vote now. The world as we know it is getting shaken up.
Also Catalonia.

Forum List

Back