Wikll Romney actually repeal the mandate?

Well what Romney needs to do is tell us exactly what he would do instead. Neither candidate will approach how they are going to severely cut health care costs. Herein lies the problem. They are both given to big corporations. The bottom line is the dollar. Not the health care. Capitalism can be very sick and twisted. But thats the way it is. Goes with the system.

What stops a Romney administration go about repealing Obamacare by simply ignoring it and instructing federal officials to not enforce the law?

Is that not exactly what Obama is doing to federal immigration laws?:confused:

First off, He would need congress to actually repeal a law in place. Despite his claims a newly elected president simply cannot just reverse any former laws because he wants to. If you think that is possible you are gullible and a fucking moron. It may happen that a republican congress will fast track a repeal for him to sign, but you can expect a number of really assinine expenses attached to such a bill if it were to happen. The would have carte blanche to just add riders onto that sucker because they know Mitt would sign it. Still, don't expect that the mandate would be repealed as it is the only thing trhat benefits the large corporations. Now that it has stood up to the supreme court, they could repeal everything but the mandate, and don't think the republicans would not do that considering how good the mandate is for their contributors.

Well the pre-existing condition thing angers me. If someone is sick and is paying premiums then the insurance companies should man up and take care of it. Why else pay premiums. If I get sick, my insurance company had better pay my bills. Thats why I have been paying them forever their so immensely inflated premiums.

it's not a "mandate" anymore.....it's a TAX....so since he took The Pledge i would think yes....

It doesn't matter what you call it, he has already endorsed it and put it into place on the state level. Aside from a bullshit pandering pledge he can easily forget because there is no wayu if he wins the presidency that the republicans will run someone against him, and those are the only people that pledge was for anyway. That pledge is not a legally binding contract, it is just another bullshit statement from the guy who has taken whatever side of an issue the people who he is talking to take. You are a gullible fuck if you think that pledge is anything more than political bullshit.

Why is the man who said corporations are people going to screw over the corporations who are paying for his campaign? Why is the man who said the mandate was important, and who actually implemented it going to screw over his money and remove it?

Give us a real reason.

my..my...a little testy about The Pledge.....aren't we.....? :D

oh btw...i didn't call it a TAX.....the Supreme Court did.....:eusa_whistle:

He said he would do so on day one.

Wouldn't be a very good start not to do so, would it?

Freaking idiot.

No, he won't repeal the health care act.

And, don't believe the freaking idiots here who tell you otherwise because they don't have the foggiest idea of how their own government works. If they did, they would know that all the screeching from the right is nothing but political theater designed to get freaking idiot rw nutters to vote for them.

If you doubt this, ask some freaking idiot, like, oh, say, Sniper Fire, EXACTLY how he will accomplish what he promises.

Don't be surprised if said freaking idiot doesn't answer your question.

Again, what prevents a Romney administration from ignoring and not enforcing the Obama Care law? Exactly like your savior is doing with federal immigration laws?

Because unlike the department of immigration, and how they are limited in their abilities, the tax would be enforced by the IRS who is more than capable and prepared to go after people who do not pay their taxes. You really think Romney is going to step in for regular people and tell the IRS not to levy fines and penalties they have every ability to place on you with simple ease?

What no one really seems to be talking about is how Romney may go about to repeal Obamacare. President Obama has set the precedent that the executive may pick and choose what laws will be enforced. Romney could simply not enforce the law, and ignore it--just like Obama has chosen to do with federal immigration laws.

Obama has set the precedent that we are no longer a nation governed by laws.

Well, first off if it is a tax, it is the IRS whop will enforce it. Believe me they like their money. You really think the IRS is going to short their own budget? Anyway that aside, why would he do such a thing. Use that blob of goo in your skull and think about what you are claiming he will do.

You are saying that Mitt romney, the rich corporate fanboy, is going to tell the insurance companies he is not going to attempt to force people to buy their products and ignore the tax? This is the best friend of rich corporate stooges at the insurance companies, and out of the whole law he is going to just ignore the part that makes them money? I could see if you tried to claim he might try to ignore forcing them to take pre-existing conditions, or abide by some of the other laws which they dislike, but the mandate is something the insurance companies love. Government vouchers for their product for poor people is somethingt hat will make them billions. Why would Mr. Corporations are people too screw over his biggest campaign contributors and the biggest republican party contributors?

Please one of you twits give me a real reason he is going to do this.

You know you are only highlighting to everyone that you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Leftist nitwits like yourself have been saying this entire time that insurance companies were trying to block Obama Care, that they have spent millions to prevent its passage--but NOW Obama Care is good for insurance companies.

Obama Care is going to bankrupt private insurance companies by design. The 'tax' is much cheaper then actually purchasing insurance, so what prevents me from paying the tax and down the line when I get cancer I go to the insurance company and say cover me, and by law they have to.

Obama said in 2007 in front of the AFL that he wants a single payer option, but it is going to take time. This is the first step.

Also, once again you are incorrect. The president can tell the IRS not to enforce the law.

He said he would do so on day one.

Wouldn't be a very good start not to do so, would it?

Freaking idiot.

I like how you now sign your posts, shows some insight - something you've never shown in the usual text you post. Nice first step Freaking. Keep going and I'll post a positive rep in your name, Ms. Idiot.

it's not a "mandate" anymore.....it's a TAX....so since he took The Pledge i would think yes....

It doesn't matter what you call it, he has already endorsed it and put it into place on the state level. Aside from a bullshit pandering pledge he can easily forget because there is no wayu if he wins the presidency that the republicans will run someone against him, and those are the only people that pledge was for anyway. That pledge is not a legally binding contract, it is just another bullshit statement from the guy who has taken whatever side of an issue the people who he is talking to take. You are a gullible fuck if you think that pledge is anything more than political bullshit.

Why is the man who said corporations are people going to screw over the corporations who are paying for his campaign? Why is the man who said the mandate was important, and who actually implemented it going to screw over his money and remove it?

Give us a real reason.

Actually, you are the idiot who believes in pledges despite them having the legal requirements of a campaign promise. Again Romney knows that if elected there is no chance the republicans will run someone else in 2016. He does not have to hold up that pledge at all because the people who that pledge was for would never vote anything but republican. That pledge meant something only in the republican primaries. Since there will not be a 2016 primary if he is elected it is a load of crap.

Please, give me a real reason aside from a pledge made by a liar.

Well what Romney needs to do is tell us exactly what he would do instead. Neither candidate will approach how they are going to severely cut health care costs. Herein lies the problem. They are both given to big corporations. The bottom line is the dollar. Not the health care. Capitalism can be very sick and twisted. But thats the way it is. Goes with the system.

What stops a Romney administration go about repealing Obamacare by simply ignoring it and instructing federal officials to not enforce the law?

First off, He would need congress to actually repeal a law in place. Despite his claims a newly elected president simply cannot just reverse any former laws because he wants to. If you think that is possible you are gullible and a fucking moron. It may happen that a republican congress will fast track a repeal for him to sign, but you can expect a number of really assinine expenses attached to such a bill if it were to happen. The would have carte blanche to just add riders onto that sucker because they know Mitt would sign it. Still, don't expect that the mandate would be repealed as it is the only thing trhat benefits the large corporations. Now that it has stood up to the supreme court, they could repeal everything but the mandate, and don't think the republicans would not do that considering how good the mandate is for their contributors.

Why is this so difficult to comprehend? This current administration is circumventing federal immigration laws by choosing to ignore and not enforce it--and a future administration can do that ESPECIALLY given the reliance that Obama Care places on the director of health and human services, a Romney appointee could choose to not enforce the vast majority of this law.

Give us a real reason.

Actually, you are the idiot who believes in pledges despite them having the legal requirements of a campaign promise. Again Romney knows that if elected there is no chance the republicans will run someone else in 2016. He does not have to hold up that pledge at all because the people who that pledge was for would never vote anything but republican. That pledge meant something only in the republican primaries. Since there will not be a 2016 primary if he is elected it is a load of crap.

Please, give me a real reason aside from a pledge made by a liar.

Please, give me a real reason he would not beyond your simplistic, childish rants about corporations and name calling.

Again, this issue has been beaten to death during the primaries, because you are ill-informed and only get your information from a limited number of sources doesn't mean we have to explain to you something that has been address hundreds of times.

You are only showing yourself to be ignorant.

Google
The president can tell the IRS not to enforce the law.

I'm not an authority on the powers of the executive branch of our government so ...

PROOF PLEASE.

Thanks.

I should say theoretically the president could instruct is Commissioner of the IRS to not enforce this law. This administration has set a precedent of lawlessness that has no bounds. Nothing stops a future administration from simply ignoring and not enforcing a law now.

And from the morons who told us Bush wanted to murder us all and become a dictator, they are praising this administration for embracing an unprecedented level of lawlessness.

Why is this so difficult to comprehend? This current administration is circumventing federal immigration laws by choosing to ignore and not enforce it--and a future administration can do that ESPECIALLY given the reliance that Obama Care places on the director of health and human services, a Romney appointee could choose to not enforce the vast majority of this law.

EXACTLY what "federal immigration laws" is "this current administration circumventing"?

The president has deported more illegals than any other president, has put more border Patrol Agents on all four of our borders, repealed Bush's amnesty and put a very strong and temporary law in its place.

Thanks to President Obama, illegal immigration is almost zero.

So, EXACTLY what laws is he "circumventing"?

Oh, and, you're trying to compare apples to tennis shoes.

Google

I'm not an authority on the powers of the executive branch of our government so ...

PROOF PLEASE.

Thanks.

Proof? Do you just selectively read posts that you want to? I have stated several times that this current administration has selectively decided to not enforce and ignore federal immigration laws.

I have asked the question that what prevents a future Romney administration from doing the same to Obama Care?

EXACTLY what "federal immigration laws" is "this current administration circumventing"?

The president has deported more illegals than any other president, has put more border Patrol Agents on all four of our borders, repealed Bush's amnesty and put a very strong and temporary law in its place.

Thanks to President Obama, illegal immigration is almost zero.

So, EXACTLY what laws is he "circumventing"?

Oh, and, you're trying to compare apples to tennis shoes.

Repealed Bush's amnesty? What the hell are you talking about?

When Obama announced that he is not going to deport those who are here ILLEGALLY he has decided that he is not going to enforce FEDERAL IMMIGRATION LAWS. Period.

I'm not going to complicate it anymore than that, because I want to keep it as simplistic as I can for you.

Romney can give all 50 states a waiver and not enforce any of the provisions. Once the bomb is disarmed it can start being dismantled. Some of the provisions are already in place, but it really is a simple matter to tell insurance companies that they have the right to send out cancellation letters for the child coverage of 26 year old adults if they so choose.

I should say theoretically the president could instruct is Commissioner of the IRS to not enforce this law. This administration has set a precedent of lawlessness that has no bounds. Nothing stops a future administration from simply ignoring and not enforcing a law now.

And from the morons who told us Bush wanted to murder us all and become a dictator, they are praising this administration for embracing an unprecedented level of lawlessness.

Okay, so you hhave no idea what you're talking about and suddenly its a "theory".

Then, you make even more incorrect and dishonest statements ... OR ... Do you have PROOF of this "lawlessness"?

No, not your OPINION.

I mean REAL PROOF of your nutter accusations.

BTW, your avatar is absolutely perfect. The only one that would fit you better would be that little shithead Jimmy FakeJournalist.

Google

PROOF PLEASE.

Thanks.

Proof? Do you just selectively read posts that you want to? I have stated several times that this current administration has selectively decided to not enforce and ignore federal immigration laws.

I have asked the question that what prevents a future Romney administration from doing the same to Obama Care?

Oh, so if you say it over and over, that makes it true??

Sorry but that doesn't wash. Again, post PROOF that "this current administration has selectively decided to not enforce and ignore federal immigration laws". Saying it yet again changes nothing, proves nothing. Its JUST your very questionable opinion.

Romney can give all 50 states a waiver and not enforce any of the provisions. Once the bomb is disarmed it can start being dismantled. Some of the provisions are already in place, but it really is a simple matter to tell insurance companies that they have the right to send out cancellation letters for the child coverage of 26 year old adults if they so choose.

Another authority who still hasn't read the bill.

LOL

Google

PROOF PLEASE.

Thanks.

Oh, so if you say it over and over, that makes it true??

Sorry but that doesn't wash. Again, post PROOF that "this current administration has selectively decided to not enforce and ignore federal immigration laws". Saying it yet again changes nothing, proves nothing. Its JUST your very questionable opinion.

Dipshit, Obama announced that those he feels should not be deported will not be, even though they are in violation of federal law. You are so ignorant and ill-informed you don't even understand what is going on.

The Department of Homeland Security will no longer enforce immigration laws against illegal aliens who meet certain criteria: They came to the United States at an age younger than 16 and are currently under 30, have not committed any major crimes, are in school or have graduated or served in the armed forces, and have resided in the U.S. for at least five years. Such aliens -- who may number as many as 800,000 -- may now seek work permits for two-year periods without fear of deportation. "It makes no sense to expel talented young people who for all intents and purposes are Americans," the president said at a Rose Garden press conference. Obama no doubt acted from a variety of policy and political motives, some of them likely admirable. But his move has pushed executive power beyond all constitutional limits -- even in the view of this writer, an academic defender of a vigorous presidency and a Justice Department lawyer in the Bush administration.

Fuck you, prove me wrong. Give me a link disproving what I am saying, because any rational intelligent adult understands what Obama's proclamation means--you are hopelessly ignorant.

I don't hold out a whole lot of hope that he will.

I would bet anyone any amount of money that Romney will not do it on day one. Or day two, or week one...or.....

He has promised it over and over and over. It's the most promised political item since "read my lips"

Were he to renig he would guarantee himself a one term presidency. He isn't too stupid to realize that nor renig on it. If you think he is then you shouldn't be voting for him in the first place.

Forum List

Back