Wicked Beautiful Scenery

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
Take a time out of your busy schedule to enjoy some beautiful scenery.

Scotland
scotland-scenery_49.jpg

Finland
ruo2.jpg

Colorado
Beautiful_scenery2.jpg

I encourage everyone to add pics...especially of the region of the world in which you live.

I lived about a mile from where this picture was taken, near the town of Leadville. This is the Arkansas River (just near to where it begins, that's why it looks like creek, not that Colorado Rivers are rivers to anyone from east of the Mississippi). That mountain in the photo is Mt. Elbert, the highest mountain in Colorado at 14,433 feet above sea level.

Here are some other photos of Colorado:
horsethiefAmerican.jpg

This area is called American Flats, near the town of Ouray in the Uncompahgre Wilderness Area. What you are looking at is alpine tundra all around 12,000 feet in elevation.

66314706.Z10RHh9I.vestalpeak__021_86.jpg

This is Vestal Peak, 13,803 feet above sea level. What you are looking at is 2,000 feet tall. I climbed it naked and without a rope on my 26th Birthday. Most beautiful mountain I've ever climbed.

sRlong1_119.jpg
This is the East Face (aka The Diamond) of Longs Peak: 14,259 feet. That face is 2,500 feet tall. I've nearly died on this mountain 3 different times.

upper_ice_lake_basin_2_-_lr_l.jpg

This is the Ice Lakes Basin. One of the most spectularly beautifiul places in Colorado.

You can't drive, four-wheel, or ATV to any of these places and it should be kept that way. If you aren't strong enough, then don't go; stay home and leave it for those of us who make the effort and want the solitude and untrammeled beauty of wilderness.

I lived about a mile from where this picture was taken, near the town of Leadville. This is the Arkansas River (just near to where it begins, that's why it looks like creek, not that Colorado Rivers are rivers to anyone from east of the Mississippi). That mountain in the photo is Mt. Elbert, the highest mountain in Colorado at 14,433 feet above sea level.

Here are some other photos of Colorado:
horsethiefAmerican.jpg

This area is called American Flats, near the town of Ouray in the Uncompahgre Wilderness Area. What you are looking at is alpine tundra all around 12,000 feet in elevation.

66314706.Z10RHh9I.vestalpeak__021_86.jpg

This is Vestal Peak, 13,803 feet above sea level. What you are looking at is 2,000 feet tall. I climbed it naked and without a rope on my 26th Birthday. Most beautiful mountain I've ever climbed.

sRlong1_119.jpg
This is the East Face (aka The Diamond) of Longs Peak: 14,259 feet. That face is 2,500 feet tall. I've nearly died on this mountain 3 different times.

upper_ice_lake_basin_2_-_lr_l.jpg

This is the Ice Lakes Basin. One of the most spectularly beautifiul places in Colorado.

You can't drive, four-wheel, or ATV to any of these places and it should be kept that way. If you aren't strong enough, then don't go; stay home and leave it for those of us who make the effort and want the solitude and untrammeled beauty of wilderness.

That's beautiful!

Ok, I give. How do you get pictures to post bigger on here? Everytime I post pics they always turnout thumbnail size. <sigh>

on a stone bench, there was this plaque there, placed by this woman's husband. This was in Acadia national park, on Jordan Pond, Mount Dessert island...the coast of Maine

DSCF0251.jpg

ALL at Acadia National Park....this is what she was looking at and what she loved about the park....but it wasn't a Park back then...:

DSCF0252.jpg

DSCF0253.jpg

DSCF0256.jpg

DSCF0262.jpg

DSCF0264.jpg

DSCF0265.jpg

DSCF0267.jpg

DSCF0268.jpg

Lupines in bloom, in May last year, not too much of a wait for all the spring flowers!!!!!!!

DSCF2496.jpg

DSCF2497.jpg"

DSCF2584.jpg

DSCF2670.jpg

DSCF2671.jpg

Forum List

Back