Why working from home is important to millenials.

When the day is done, and you wanna ru-un..

:auiqs.jpg: I'm a bad, bad man!

She's lucky, I was was working 12s or graveyard and extra shifts n stuff.

When I was young, I'd take an extra shift in a heartbeat. That's OT baby!

She would never have been able to hang with the crowd I ran with in my 20’s. Work a 10 hour day, close the bar down, and if you were unlucky you would be home in time to get 4 hours of sleep and do it all again. If you were lucky you wore the same clothes for two days before making back home. She is not prepared for adulthood and the work/life balance it requires. Maybe she should quit her job and find something more her speed. Admittedly I can only do 3 weeks of 12 hour days 7 days a week before I need a break now but I’m also close to 3 times her age. Fucking children

your job is what you do to support the life you want to have,,,
This girl has a good job. If she wants home-cooked stuff, she could make 2-3 big pots of whatever in 1/2 day on the weekend and portion it out and freeze it.
(I learned that from a friend's wife with a full time executive job)
I kinda roll like that myself now that I think about it.
Plus me and a couple friends exchange things here and there, it adds variety.

Last edited:
They already contributed, and get their deserved reward for it.

Your retirement is part of the compensation for working, be it Social Security, a Pension, or a 401k.

Just seems like backwards thinking.

In the US our identities are tied to what we do, not who we are.

Most countries are not like that. Only in the US and a scant few other countries do people brag about working 10 to 12 hours a day 5 plus days a week.

Just seems like backwards thinking.

In the US our identities are tied to what we do, not who we are.

Most countries are not like that. Only in the US and a scant few other countries do people brag about working 10 to 12 hours a day 5 plus days a week.

Why is it backwards? I don't tell people I'm a computer gamer or I collect shot glasses when they ask what I do, I tell them I'm and Engineer.

Forum List

Back