Why we want stimulus now and worry about deficits later

Unemployment went from 7.8% pre-stimulus to 10% the year following the stimulus passage. I don't see the improvement.

The unemployment was growing 1% per month pre-stimulus, and stimulus stopped that growth. That was the improvement.

Sorry, the underemployment rate , unemployment rate in 2010 at 10%, and misery index I provided doesn't support your argument. Care to try it again?

Sure -- the unemployment was growing pre-stimulus and stopped growing shortly after it the stimulus was approved. Let me know what word you did not understand this time around.

Last edited:
Completely unfalsifiable and conspiratorial crapola that you cannot possibly prove.

Fed rising the interest rates to 20% in 81 was bound to cause the recession. What other proof do you need?
Seems you failed to mention the 12+% inflation rate, as the bills for the 'Nam war and LBJ's asinine Great Society programs began coming due.

Why Fed decided to cause the recession by rising the rates is beside the point. What matters is that Fed did it.

You obviously believe that government owns every dime you earn and that your net income is a gift from the government.

This statement says it all about the Democrat philosophy.
Every time they say the Bush tax cuts were not paid for.
They would have been if the government cut their spending to match.
When the revenue from the Bush tax cuts were decreased the government
did not adjust the spending.They went on to spend like that money was still coming in.

But that attitude is seen here a bunch.
The money we earn is seen by the left here as being the governments first at that is just plain scary.

The unemployment was growing 1% per month pre-stimulus, and stimulus stopped that growth. That was the improvement.

Sorry, the underemployment rate , unemployment rate in 2010 at 10%, and misery index I provided doesn't support your argument. Care to try it again?

Sure -- the unemployment was growing pre-stimulus and stopped growing shortly after it the stimulus was approved. Let me know what word you did not understand this time.

What part of these facts below did you not understand?

As of Feb 13,2012 underemployment stands at 19.10%
In Feb 2011 underemployment was 19%
Jan 7 2010 that underemployment figure stood at 19.40%.

source: US Underemployment Rate Chart and Data - YCharts

October 2011 also saw a 28 year high misery index -- which is simply the sum of the country's inflation and unemployment rates -- increase to 13%.

source:
U.S. misery index rises to highest since 1983 | Reuters

The misery index for January 2012 stands at 11.23%. The lowest it has ever been under President Obama was back in July 2009 when it stood at 7.4% misery index.

source:
US Misery Index Chart and Data - YCharts

Outside of your "opinion" these figures above show no positive effect the 2009 stimulus had on this economy. Are you capable of explaining these figures above, or do you want to just ramble on and believe in your "myth" about the stimulus? I doubt you are capable of understanding what an economic recovery IS, if a misery index of 11.23% is considered an "improvement".

Last edited:
The most disgusting part of our unemployment is that Obama damn well knows the workforce is shrinking

Bullshit. The workforce is growing in absolute terms and in recent months it was growing faster than the population.

Sure -- the unemployment was growing pre-stimulus and stopped growing shortly after it the stimulus was approved. Let me know what word you did not understand this time.

Outside of your "opinion" these figures above show no positive effect the 2009 stimulus had on this economy.

For the 1000 time, w/o the stimulus those figures would be even worse, because the unemployment growth would not stop in 2009.

Sure -- the unemployment was growing pre-stimulus and stopped growing shortly after it the stimulus was approved. Let me know what word you did not understand this time around.

What don't you understand about a shrinking workforce??

Oh and all that while our population is GROWING...

The formula used to gauge unemployment is fucking retarded and epically flawed..

Unemployment Rate = Number of Unemployed (actively on unemployment insurance) / (divided by) Total Labor Force

Do you believe unemployment insurance is an infinite right???

No, it's not hence people who can't find work after a certain period of time are TERMINATED from the program, hence are not factored into the unemployment equation.

Outside of your "opinion" these figures above show no positive effect the 2009 stimulus had on this economy.

For the 1000 time, w/o the stimulus those figures would be even worse, because the unemployment growth would not stop in 2009.
For the 1,000th time...You cannot possibly prove that.

You obviously believe that government owns every dime you earn and that your net income is a gift from the government.

Bullshit, that is a straw-man invented by the conservatives.
Not even... It's the core presupposition in your each and every utterance about economic matters.

I did 1000 times. The recession was caused by the insufficient demand, therefore increasing demand from the government must pull the economy from the slump. Not a rocket science, and only conservatives living in denial would dispute that.

The most disgusting part of our unemployment is that Obama damn well knows the workforce is shrinking

Bullshit. The workforce is growing in absolute terms and in recent months it was growing faster than the population.

Oh really??

In what universe do you live? Obamaland?

U.S. shrinking workforce a worrisome sign | Reuters

How many more citations would you like??

This shit is common knowledge to the informed.....

If the workforce was growing it would be parroted by the left, just like you're championing the unemployment rate (which means dick BTW)...

Not even... It's the core presupposition in your each and every utterance about economic matters.

Yup, telling liberals what their believes are is the part of the denial. You can't accept the world around you and the people around you for what they are.

Every time the left says that the Bush tax cuts were not paid for.
They are claiming that it was Governments money that was taken. :eusa_hand:

I have show that the economy is indeed worse according to the figures I provided. There was NO statistical improvement since it passed, and you provided no FACTS that say otherwise. None. Try providing me with some actual facts that can counter my argument, you are just wasting my time making CLAIMS that you simply can not prove.

I suppose you are one of those individuals who is also going to tell us you believe in the abominable snowman among your list of believeable proofs? :lol: Your argument here sounds just as convincing.

Last edited:

I did 1000 times. The recession was caused by the insufficient demand, therefore increasing demand from the government must pull the economy from the slump. Not a rocket science, and only conservatives living in denial would dispute that.
The recession was cause by the economic deflation of an overinflated demand bubble.

Since the demand was fake to begin with, through idiotic Fed and gubmint meddling, it was only natural that there was going to be severe blowback.

But rather than admit that you economic arsonists care not a fucking wit about the externalities of your know-nothing tinkering with the lives of millions of people, you try to come back and sell yourselves as the best ones to put out the fire.

Oh really??

In what universe do you live? Obamaland?

U.S. shrinking workforce a worrisome sign | Reuters

That report is affected by the demographics -- baby-boomers retire. If you look at the prime-age adults, their work participation is growing:

021012krugman1-blog480.jpg

Yup, telling liberals what their believes are is the part of the denial. You can't accept the world around you and the people around you for what they are.
I accept that authoritarian tyrants are what they are.

The base presuppositions of those collectivists is that the hoi polloy and the fruits of their labor are so much clay, to be molded, formed and flaked for their particular social engineering pleasure.

The recession was cause by the economic deflation

"Economic deflation", seriously? WTF does it even mean?

Forum List

Back