Why was the second amendment written?

we sure can't help pointing out that massive fire power doesn't always work.

If your massive firepower doesn't work ... then your firepower isn't massive enough.

"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -- Fudd's 1st Law of Opposition

4130_c929f2210333206f417e3862f431776d.jpg
Why didn't we use nukes in Viet Nam and Afghanistan then?

Non sequitur much....idiot.
Interesting.....:71: Non-answering for others now?

Because militias are necessary to the security of a free state

And the PEOPLE, ARE the militia.

Thanks for making that clear.
Well, your little militia isn't doing much, is it?

Sure it is. If it weren't for all of us armed folks, you would have been killed as a deviant in a camp long ago.
Oh honey, when have you done anything to help this country besides being a keyboard kommando?
th

Well, your little militia isn't doing much, is it?

Sure it is. If it weren't for all of us armed folks, you would have been killed as a deviant in a camp long ago.
Oh honey, when have you done anything to help this country besides being a keyboard kommando?
th

More than you sweet cheeks.

Exactly

That is why we need them well regulated

Well regulated means the PEOPLE have the guns, and they are in good working order with plenty of ammunition.

That’s a start....it also means we know who we can count on if invaded, who to call, the people we call are trained, we have a command structure in place

We don’t want a bunch of untrained gun nuts running around shooting at shadows

The security of a free state depends on it

Exactly

Careful there, the commies like to conflate a well regulated militia with a militia that is burdened with regulations.
LOL.......regulated means regulations

There really are people who think "we'll regulated" meant "encumbered by regulations." I'm not kidding, I have actually seen commies post such ignorance.

Exactly

Well regulated means the PEOPLE have the guns, and they are in good working order with plenty of ammunition.

That’s a start....it also means we know who we can count on if invaded, who to call, the people we call are trained, we have a command structure in place

We don’t want a bunch of untrained gun nuts running around shooting at shadows

The security of a free state depends on it
It is pretty amazing how many retired and ex military and cops there are in our country who are trained and armed. We outnumber the active ones by far.

Exactly

Careful there, the commies like to conflate a well regulated militia with a militia that is burdened with regulations.

There really are people who think "we'll regulated" meant "encumbered by regulations." I'm not kidding, I have actually seen commies post such ignorance.

regulated means regulations
Learn English

regulation
[ reg-yuh-ley-shuhn ]
SEE SYNONYMS FOR regulation ON THESAURUS.COM
noun
a law, rule, or other order prescribed by authority, especially to regulate conduct.
the act of regulating or the state of being regulated.

Last edited:

Exactly

Learn English
Not only are there idiots who think "we'll regulated" meant "encumbered with regulations", there are also people who think "general welfare" meant free shit for commies. Food stamps, section 8 housing, etc.

Exactly

Learn English
Not only are there idiots who think "we'll regulated" meant "encumbered with regulations", there are also people who think "general welfare" meant free shit for commies. Food stamps, section 8 housing, etc.
Regulated is synonymous with regulation

General Welfare means doing what is best for the country, that can include food stamps and section 8 housing

Learn English

thats one meaning,,,

Learn English

General Welfare means doing what is best for the country, that can include food stamps and section 8 housing
Fortunately, there are people who are familiar with the language of the period:

The following are taken from the Oxford English Dictionary, and bracket in time the writing of the 2nd amendment:

1709: "If a liberal Education has formed in us well-regulated Appetites and worthy Inclinations."

1812: "The equation of time ... is the adjustment of the difference of time as shown by a well-regulated clock and a true sun dial."

1848: "A remissness for which I am sure every well-regulated person will blame the Mayor."

1862: "It appeared to her well-regulated mind, like a clandestine proceeding."

1894: "The newspaper, a never wanting adjunct to every well-regulated American embryo city."

The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.

https://www.constitution.org/cons/wellregu.htm

Sure, there are ignorant folks who think the founders would create a ignorant oxymoron by trying to mix "well regulated" with "shall not be infringed", but there aren't enough of them to erase the truth.

Learn English

thats one meaning,,,

His dishonest intentions are painfully obvious when he cherry picks the only meaning that fits his commie agenda and presents it as if it is the only context. Even when it is clear that we can see through the commie lies, he will feel no shame. It's like how chickens can look you straight in the eye as they shit without experiencing shame.

Learn English

Fortunately, there are people who are familiar with the language of the period:

The following are taken from the Oxford English Dictionary, and bracket in time the writing of the 2nd amendment:

1709: "If a liberal Education has formed in us well-regulated Appetites and worthy Inclinations."

1812: "The equation of time ... is the adjustment of the difference of time as shown by a well-regulated clock and a true sun dial."

1848: "A remissness for which I am sure every well-regulated person will blame the Mayor."

1862: "It appeared to her well-regulated mind, like a clandestine proceeding."

1894: "The newspaper, a never wanting adjunct to every well-regulated American embryo city."

The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.

https://www.constitution.org/cons/wellregu.htm

Sure, there are ignorant folks who think the founders would create a ignorant oxymoron by trying to mix "well regulated" with "shall not be infringed", but there aren't enough of them to erase the truth.
Exactly....Well regulated, in this usage means precision

A bunch of random gun owners running around shooting at shadows is not precision
Precision would mean trained, well equipped, following orders

Learn English

thats one meaning,,,

His dishonest intentions are painfully obvious when he cherry picks the only meaning that fits his commie agenda and presents it as if it is the only context. Even when it is clear that we can see through the commie lies, he will feel no shame. It's like how chickens can look you straight in the eye as they shit without experiencing shame.

Regulated = Regulations

Learn English

Learn English

thats one meaning,,,

Regulated = Regulations

Learn English

got a link???

Learn English

thats one meaning,,,

Regulated = Regulations

Learn English
Yes, it is remarkable how a fake narrative can be engineered with information that is taken or presented out of context. I can go back through your posts and copy n paste enough words that you have written to arrange them in a new order to show you saying almost anything. The fake news media can easily assemble real facts out of their full and correct context to engineer any political narrative they want as well. Your dishonest stunt of pimping the wrong context after being caught "red" handed is juvenille, and it highlights how weak youre argument is.

It sucks how weak lefties are when they debate. What I wouldn't do to debate with a commie who doesn't fold up like a lawn chair when pressed.

Forum List

Back