Why was American TV so infantile outside of HBO during the early 2010s?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
Who pressed the idiot button?

mwQCvxp.jpg

KlRPcHc.jpg

What we could have gotten.
4YHaCnW.png

Why weren't American TV viewers excited about space travel and the future?

Who pressed the idiot button?

mwQCvxp.jpg

KlRPcHc.jpg

What we could have gotten.
4YHaCnW.png

Why weren't American TV viewers excited about space travel and the future?
I dunno.....I followed Star Trek religiously in the 60s.

The deal is the left has taken over our media, and they specialize in cramming garbage down our throats 24/7/365.

I started watching "A Discovery Of Witches" this morning....and it was nothing but crap with A-list stars in it and a few unknown Soaps level actors. I also looked at the new Goosebumps series and it lost my interest by the 2nd episode. Dark, sortof scary, and a plot that needs fixing.

Reality shows have blossomed, in part by human nature and their fascination with all things human. Like car wrecks. Sometimes the gawkers are so ridiculous, they themselves cause another accident.

Plus- some of those shows aren't too bad imo. I learn all kinds of stuff while watching American Pickers. Same with Life Below Zero and Mountain Men.

Besides... television has been known as the idiot box for decades, and for good reason.

You just have to sort out the good from the bad like everything else in life.

Reality shows have blossomed, in part by human nature and their fascination with all things human. Like car wrecks. Sometimes the gawkers are so ridiculous, they themselves cause another accident.

Plus- some of those shows aren't too bad imo. I learn all kinds of stuff while watching American Pickers. Same with Life Below Zero and Mountain Men.

Besides... television has been known as the idiot box for decades, and for good reason.

You just have to sort out the good from the bad like everything else in life.

If you think you learned anything about reality from reality TV then I pity you

From 1980 . A good story and good acting. Warning it is a full box of Kleenex movie. I give it 4 sniffles and watery eyes.:crying:

Its for those who missed out on good TV.

Forum List

Back