Why was America attacked on September 11, 2001?

I agree with most of that, except the last sentence, which proves you are not well informed. Who is it that attacked Libya? Who is it that expanded the war in Afghanshitland? Who was it that interfered in the overthrow of Mubarak? Who is that wants war in Syria? Who is it that drops bombs from drones on Muslims? Who is it that invaded Packieland to kill OBL?

It has nothing to do with the right or left. Politicians and bureaucrats of both stripes love war, because it expands the power of the state. When an American reaches this level of understanding, they realize how the two parties divide us allowing them to fleece us. Lets stop the fleecing now.

It pains me to say it, but you are right. I would hope that progressive politicians would be less interventionist in other countries, but like the issue of supporting corporate power, they seem to get weak in the knees when it's time to rein in the military-corporate-interventionist cabal.

I thought Obama may well slow or stop the stupidity but he's just as bad as Bush.
Cash in the pocket beats reason with politicians.

Looks like the political left politicians in America are just as bad.

What were the reasons given and what are your thoughts on why a bunch of foreigners decided to attack America.?

It is agreed that al qaeda started to take credit for attacks America starting in 1992. We can go back and ask why America was being attacked overseas by Muslim extremists.

Context has a funny way of making commonly accepted myths and beliefs seem like quaint delusions.

:eusa_angel:

Two decades ago it all started. I wonder how many people know the full context of it all

I think it was something to do with American interference, wars, coups and various other crimes in other people's countries along with support for Israel.
The former makes America a direct legitimate target whilst the latter makes America a legitimate target as a line of supply to the enemy.

Of course, a lot of people don't want to hear it was your government's fault for doing all those things.

Want to get rid of terrorism from Muslim groups? Stop attacking them and they won't care about you.
Simple, even for the right wing morons, isn't it?

Want to get rid of terrorism from Muslim groups? Stop attacking them and they won't care about you.

Exactly!
As soon as those shoppers in Kenya stop attacking Muslim groups, terrorists will stop attacking shoppers.

I agree with most of that, except the last sentence, which proves you are not well informed. Who is it that attacked Libya? Who is it that expanded the war in Afghanshitland? Who was it that interfered in the overthrow of Mubarak? Who is that wants war in Syria? Who is it that drops bombs from drones on Muslims? Who is it that invaded Packieland to kill OBL?

It has nothing to do with the right or left. Politicians and bureaucrats of both stripes love war, because it expands the power of the state. When an American reaches this level of understanding, they realize how the two parties divide us allowing them to fleece us. Lets stop the fleecing now.

It pains me to say it, but you are right. I would hope that progressive politicians would be less interventionist in other countries, but like the issue of supporting corporate power, they seem to get weak in the knees when it's time to rein in the military-corporate-interventionist cabal.

Well Oldfart I am heartened that we can agree on this fundamental issue. I only wish more Americans would come to understand the truth, rather than accept the lies and propaganda from the stinking Statists.

What were the reasons given and what are your thoughts on why a bunch of foreigners decided to attack America.?

It is agreed that al qaeda started to take credit for attacks America starting in 1992. We can go back and ask why America was being attacked overseas by Muslim extremists.

Context has a funny way of making commonly accepted myths and beliefs seem like quaint delusions.

:eusa_angel:

Two decades ago it all started. I wonder how many people know the full context of it all

I think it was something to do with American interference, wars, coups and various other crimes in other people's countries along with support for Israel.
The former makes America a direct legitimate target whilst the latter makes America a legitimate target as a line of supply to the enemy.

Of course, a lot of people don't want to hear it was your government's fault for doing all those things.

Simple, even for the right wing morons, isn't it?

Exactly!
As soon as those shoppers in Kenya stop attacking Muslim groups, terrorists will stop attacking shoppers.

Actually the terrorists warned Kenya to remove their troops from Somalia or face consequences. They acted on their threat, much as they did to America on 9/11.

But that said, you will get no argument from me about the murderous and intolerant actions of radical Islam around the world. It is NOT a religion of peace as many idiots in our government proclaimed....such as those foolish statists W and Mrs. BJ Bubba Clinton.

Actually the terrorists warned Kenya to remove their troops from Somalia or face consequences. They acted on their threat, much as they did to America on 9/11.

And are you even aware of why Kenya was in Somalia in the first place?

Well, it was not as an invasion or occupation force, that is for sure.

The new Somalia government is still in a delicate position, trying to recover from almost 20 years of bloody civil war. And as such, the African Union and the United Nations created the African Union Mission to Somalia, a multinational force to help combat al-Shabaab and other militant groups that have been using the Somali Civil War to carve out their own little territories.

As such, the Kenyan Army is providing assistance to the Somali military in shutting down these little warlords who continue to fight against the government. So to me, the very attack by al-Shabaab illustrates exactly why they must be destroyed.

Sorry, all I see here is a coward and a fool. If I go up and tell you I am going to beat you up unless you give me your money, would you just meekly turn it over? If I took your neighbor's backyard to use as my own then told you I was going to kick your ass if you threatened to help him evict me, would you just quietly go home and ignore me?

This is the kind of logic you are using, and the conditions really are no different. If a crackhouse sets up next door, would you just go along with it because it was none of your business what goes on in another house?

Early Islam Wars & Attacks - 622-634

1. The killing of Abu Afak. - The poet who mocked Muhammad was killed with "one blow of his sword when the latter slept outside his house."
2. The killing of Asma Marwan.
3. Attack upon the 'Banu Qaynuqa' Jews
4. The killing of Kab Ashraf
5. The killing of Ibn Sunayna. - The Jewish merchant who was killed at the hands of a Muslim zealot.
6. Attack against the Banu Nadir Jews.
7. Massacre of the Banu Qurayza Jews. - Medina in 627, Muhammad's followers killed between 600 and 900 of the men, and divided the surviving Jewish women and children amongst themselves, after the Jewish tribe had committed treason to the treaty of Madinah and were punished according to the torah.
8. The killing of the shepherd.
9. The torture and killing of Kenana ibn al-Rabi
10. The slaying of an old woman from Banu Fazara
11. The killing of Abdullah Khatal and his daughter.
12. The attack upon Tabuk for becoming an apostate.

Though they offered to surrender, Muhammad felt the need to make an example of them. "The adult males were condemned to death, and the women and children to slavery. Between 600 and 900 males were beheaded ." Three large Jewish tribes dwelled in Medina in Muhammad's time: the Banu Nadir, Banu Kainuka, and Banu Qurayza. When war broke out between Muhammad's new supporters and the Meccans, the Jewish clans of Medina remained neutral and were at first unharmed. Nevertheless after the 627 failed Meccan siege of Medina, Muhammad accused the Jews of siding with the Meccans and ordered an attack on them. The reference to this episode in Islamic text is in Sura 33 of the Qu'ran, known as “The Clans.” (The Quran tells of three Jewish tribes conquered by Mohammed near Medina, "Two were permitted to choose conversion or exile, but the third was allowed only conversion or death.").

Support for Israel the terrorist state and its genocidal policies towards the Palestinians
Meddling in ME affairs
Having a base/bases in Saudi Arabia

Oh and I don't think muslims did 9/11 I say Bush and Mossad did it.

And are you even aware of why Kenya was in Somalia in the first place?

Well, it was not as an invasion or occupation force, that is for sure.

The new Somalia government is still in a delicate position, trying to recover from almost 20 years of bloody civil war. And as such, the African Union and the United Nations created the African Union Mission to Somalia, a multinational force to help combat al-Shabaab and other militant groups that have been using the Somali Civil War to carve out their own little territories.

As such, the Kenyan Army is providing assistance to the Somali military in shutting down these little warlords who continue to fight against the government. So to me, the very attack by al-Shabaab illustrates exactly why they must be destroyed.

Sorry, all I see here is a coward and a fool. If I go up and tell you I am going to beat you up unless you give me your money, would you just meekly turn it over? If I took your neighbor's backyard to use as my own then told you I was going to kick your ass if you threatened to help him evict me, would you just quietly go home and ignore me?

This is the kind of logic you are using, and the conditions really are no different. If a crackhouse sets up next door, would you just go along with it because it was none of your business what goes on in another house?

Take it easy Mushroom Head. I was responding to a post that inferred that the mall shootings were entirely coincidental. They were not. They warned Kenya and acted on it.

Yeah these stinking terrorists are sick bastards and need a good ass kicking.

Lets not make an argument where we have none. I am sure we can find plenty to argue about legitimately.

Forum List

Back