Duke City
Take you pick:

The Beehive

04.hat.jpg

The Derby

05.hat.jpg

The Planter or Plantation

07.hat.jpg

None of those are brimmed properly. Great hats don't get me wrong. But they aren't cowboy and they aren't brimmed proper.

None of those are brimmed properly. Great hats don't get me wrong. But they aren't cowboy and they aren't brimmed proper.

Notice I stipulated real cowboy hats..... Not the modern versions that were introduced in 1898 by JC Penny, marketed to the Dudes out east......... And didn't become popular until the 1920s

The Plainsman didn't have a bucket like this...

70-01.jpg

Personal modifications, happened all the time. Some hat makers "built" to suit the individual or organization based on existing styles.

Last edited:
Most of mine are leather and are brimmed front to back. I guess I have to get a picture for you guys.

I've got hats for all seasons. You need them that way. Problem with straw is they look good but they will fly off in a heartbeat

My fancy hats are fun. Mostly felt.

The Hoss...

hoss.jpg
Yuk, yuk...... :D
The "ten gallon" hat was introduced in 1925. What we know of as the cowboy era lasted from 1866 till 1886, though it really started in the 1830s by the original cowboys, the Mexican Vaqueros and Californios.

Forum List

Back