Why Trump and the GOP can't accomplish anything

For 7+ years Trump and the GOP whined, bitched, and complained about Obamacare, and Obama's agenda on foreign policy, infrastructure, the budget and just about everything else about President Obama, however, in that 7+ year period.....did they take any time to:

* Craft a healthcare plan of their own ?

* Come to an agreement on an infrastructure package of their own?

* Have a solid plan ready to deal with our national debt?

* Craft a tax reform package they could agree on once they were in power?

* Craft an immigration plan of their own?

NO, NO and NO! All these people did was tell everyone how horrible President Obama was. Now the GOP is in power and they have to stand and deliver, and it's clear they don't know what the hell they are doing. Now they point fingers at each other, blame the media, and continue to bitch about President Obama and the Democrats. The GOP should have had legislative packages on all these items ready to go on day one.

Trump Supporters: Before you do anymore bitching about the Liberals, I'd suggest you take a long, hard look at your own party (and it's fearless leader) and write down what you see....or are you afraid to??
:bye1:

Dear Jackass, Trump wasn't even around in the political arena 7 years ago!!! The GOP have already said they never thought this would really come onto their lap, so they bluffed and they own it, not Trump. Part of the problem is that THERE IS NO GOOD WAY to centralize and socialize healthcare! Obama and Pelosi had no business taking healthcare over in the first place. They fucked it up with a program with gaping holes that we knew was unsustainable 7-8 years ago. The problem for the GOP is that many don't want to replace a screwed up system with just ANOTHER screwed up system! To that end, I don't blame them. Healthcare must be returned to the free market with just a few fixes.

Same with the national debt. The only solution is to cut spending. Whatever you cut, people will be affected and scream bloody murder. No one wants to see their pet entitlement lost.

I don't know why they went back to healthcare unless they knew FIRST that they had the votes; what they need to do is simplify the tax code and reduce taxes. PART OF THE PROBLEM is that many in the GOP just as with the Dems are fighting Trump, they don't want to support him because his draining the swamp affects them just as much. While you are busy off railing all over the GOP, keep in mind that if even a FEW Democrats were willing to vote in favor of any of these agendas, WE WOULD HAVE THE VOTES TO PASS THESE BILLS.

The Democrats are just as responsible as the old guard GOP; they are both struggling for power and survival once again with the American people who are harmed.

For 7+ years Trump and the GOP whined, bitched, and complained about Obamacare, and Obama's agenda on foreign policy, infrastructure, the budget and just about everything else about President Obama, however, in that 7+ year period.....did they take any time to:

* Craft a healthcare plan of their own ?

* Come to an agreement on an infrastructure package of their own?

* Have a solid plan ready to deal with our national debt?

* Craft a tax reform package they could agree on once they were in power?

* Craft an immigration plan of their own?
I guess it probably hasn't occurred to you that what the GOP said it was going to do and what it actually planned on doing once it got back into power are two completely different things.

Personally I think the powers that be within the Republican Party don't really want to repeal Obamacare; after all it has served them pretty well over the past 4 election cycles, they can make a great show of getting rid of it without having to take any responsibility for "healthcare reform" and if Obamacare implodes they can again use it as an electioneering tool.

As far the public debt goes, the Republicans don't care anymore about it than the Democrats do, the Republican brand of fiscal conservatism is all talk, no action.

They *might* do something about taxes, infrastructure and immigration but only if it benefits them politically and their cronies economically.
I guess it probably hasn't occurred to you that what the GOP said it was going to do and what it actually planned on doing once it got back into power are two completely different things.

I gleaned from reading the OP that the dichotomy you point out has not at all escaped the OP-er. Rather its existence is part of what the OP-er is griping about.

I believe it's the opposite, the OP's assertion:
bill718 said:
they don't know what the hell they are doing

My assertion is that the powers that be in the GOP know exactly what they're doing and what's occurring is inline with their intentions.

The power brokers in both major parties have demonstrated that they don't give a fig about the best interests of the citizenry, their primary concerns are the acquisition, concentration and maintenance of power along with enriching themselves and their cronies, everything that's going on now in Washington serves those ends.

Kicking millions off their coverage is in the best interests of citizens?
It's in the best interests of the current and yet to be born citizens that are being forced to foot the bill for it and live under all the restrictions on their individual liberty that comes with it. The whole health care debacle is a false choice between benefiting one group at the expense of others, when in fact there are viable solutions that don't involve all this complex government intervention and creation of conflict among the citizenry.

Trump doesn't give a damn about the people unless they supported him. He would sign a healthcare repeal law even if it banned baseball, hot dogs and apple pie just so he can brag he signed it.
Trump is nothing more than a boisterous, shiny bauble, he's obviously not the one in control, if he was he'd be getting his agenda items done but as you can see he isn't getting anything done that doesn't involve unilateral executive action.

The only good thing I can say about Trump is that he's proving to be a real burr under the saddle of the entrenched power base in Washington.

Forum List

Back