Why the US will have to negotiate with the Taliban

Here ya go sparky. Thought I'd do it for a laugh.

Google

And let's do Shaman because obviously the Shaman is having too many orders at the drive thru tonight to post....:eusa_angel:

On Tape, Clinton Admits Passing Up bin Laden Capture; Lewinsky ...archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/9/10/181819.shtmlCached - Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo

10 Sep 2006 – Bill Clinton denies it now, but he once admitted he passed up an opportunity ... that he turned down an offer from Sudan for bin Laden's extradition to the ....

He was expelled from Saudi Arabia in 1991, then he went to Sudan. ...
Clinton Let Bin Laden Slip Away and Metastasizewww.infowars.com/saved%20pages/Prior.../Clinton_let_bin_laden.ht...Cached - Similar

5 Dec 2001 – President Clinton and his national security team ignored several ... The Sudanese offered to arrest Bin Laden and extradite him to Saudi Arabia or, barring that, ... But U.S. authorities repeatedly turned the data away, first in ...
Clinton and Terrorismwww.dojgov.net/Clinton_&_Terrorism-01.htmCached - Similar

PRESIDENT Bill Clinton turned down at least three offers involving foreign governments to help to seize Osama Bin Laden after he was ... One of these involved a Gulf state; another would have relied on the assistance of Saudi Arabia. In early ...
FactCheck.org : Clinton Passed on Killing bin Laden?www.factcheck.org/2008/01/clinton-passed-on-killing-bin-laden/Cached

18 Jan 2008 – Was Bill Clinton offered bin Laden on "a silver platter"? ... Sudan to deport bin Laden back to Saudi Arabia and spent 10 weeks trying to convince ... seems to admit that the Sudanese government offered to turn over bin Laden: ...
BILL CLINTON COULD HAVE SEIZED OSAMA BIN LADEN IN 1996 ...www.ruthfullyyours.com/.../bill-clinton-could-have-seized-osma-bin-...Cached

2 May 2011 – Clinton administration officials deny ever receiving such an offer. ... President Clinton, hoping the Saudi king would take bin Laden back and swiftly behead him, called Saudi Arabia's intelligence chief, Prince Turki bin .... After the political track broke down in October 1997 and it became clear no political ...

Why didn't Clinton take bin laden when Sudan offered him to Americawiki.answers.com › ... › History › US History › US Presidents › Bill ClintonCached

They allegedly offered Bin Laden to Saudi Arabia. ... meeting, President Clinton told us that Sudan never offered to turn Bin Ladin over to the United States. ... some planes in the sky and he sent his troops to knock down some of the towers ...
Clinton and Bin Ladenclintoncrimes.tripod.com/ClintonsBinLadenGateMotherofallScandals/...Cached - Similar

Clinton's Bin Laden-gate - Mother of all Scandals ... He offers the typical Clintonesque excuses saying it simply wouldn't work. ... that the Clinton administration had secretly informed Pakistan and Saudi Arabia that it would not ....

The Clinton administration turned them down, saying there wasnt enough evidence to convict ...
BEELZEBUBBA - Rapist Bill Clintonwhatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/pearl/www.../strange.htmlCached - Similar
Maybe if Clinton had kept his promise, accepting Bin Laden when offered by the ... "Bill Clinton turned down at least three offers involving foreign governments to ... mysterious offer to help came from the intelligence services of Saudi Arabia, ...

Clinton Admits: I Turned Down Bin Laden Extradition Offerwww.freerepublic.com/focus/news/731174/postsCached

11 Aug 2002 – Clinton Admits: I Turned Down Bin Laden Extradition Offer ... "He was expelled from Saudi Arabia in 1991 then he went to Sudan. And we'd ...
Clinton Spurned Bin Laden Offer Because He Didn't Want to Work ...cnsnews.com › NewsCached

7 Jul 2008 – Bin Laden had moved to Sudan after Saudi Arabia expelled him in 1991. After Washington turned down the bin Laden offer in 1996, Sudan ...

Shortly after 9/11 the Taliban offered to arrest Osama bin Laden and extradite him to a party country for trial.

Bush refused the offer.

Unless you prove a point, you are messing up your Presidents kiddo.

That was Clinton if my memory serves me well.

But by all means give me a link to Bush before I smoke you.
U.S. Refusal of 2001 Taliban Offer Gave bin Laden a Free Pass

by Gareth Porter

WASHINGTON - When George W. Bush rejected a Taliban offer to have Osama bin Laden tried by a moderate group of Islamic states in mid- October 2001, he gave up the only opportunity the United States would have to end bin Laden's terrorist career for the next nine years.

U.S. Refusal of 2001 Taliban Offer Gave bin Laden a Free Pass | Common Dreams

Ron Paul just explained the difference between Taliban and al Qaeda. Republicans don't know, and simply don't care.

None of these guys gave Obama credit for getting Bin Laden.

Mitt said our navy is smaller than our navy in 1917 and our planes are older than those in 1947. Is he insane?

I'd be interested in the straight transcript on this.

I know the difference between the Taliban and AQ. I've been on them for years. By all means put up a link for Dr. Pauls explanaition.

I look forward to your post.

We should leave Afghanistan with dignity. Supporting the Taliban will prevent us from doing that.

We should kill them all...

I'm not as worried about Afghanistan as I am with Iraq..

Saddam is gone and its a new chapter...

The reason i use VAMPIRIC is i am a 235th decendant of vlad the impaler,and all taliban should be killed,heads on stakes,to give a message tjey will not prevent the evolution of man by their mantra of satan.

Instead of pissing on dead terrorists we should impale them.

It be more fun throwing terrorists out of a 3rd story window and watching them be impaled instead of peeing on them.

Seriously I wanted bot Saddam and Bin Laden dropped out of an aircraft at the The Kármán line (with an oxygen mask of course)...

They would have at least 15 minutes to think about what they did.

That is punishment.....

Last edited:
Nuke them? That's a peaceful approach.....

There is NO dealing with these savages. No more nation building and no more middle east wars...If we have to deal with them why not? YOU FIGHT WARS TO WIN!

We should negotiate with them.

We can put the bullet in your left ear or right ear....your choice.

If Bush wouldn't have invaded Iraq, we could have really made a difference there. :doubt:

Nuke them? That's a peaceful approach.....

There is NO dealing with these savages. No more nation building and no more middle east wars...If we have to deal with them why not? YOU FIGHT WARS TO WIN!

If Bush wouldn't have invaded Iraq, we could have really made a difference there. :doubt:

With all due respect, we canucks, the dutch and a serious kickass brit troop held the fort in Afghanistan while Iraq was raging. Our troops rocked.

ETA: not trying to say this to be mean or partisan, I just really wrapped my head around this last year. It's a hard pill to swallow.

You couldn't have changed anything. The key export from Afghanistan is opium. And no government on the planet is going to let that trade go down.

Last edited:
And now it's a heartbreak again. I've been fighting for Afghan womens rights for a decade and a half. And now here we go again.

Women will be forced to stay in their homes. Covered head to toe with only a slit to be able to see where they can walk when they are let out.Children won't be allowed to fly kites because the Koran might have been recycled to make the kite.
All gays will be hung or stoned to death. This is a sad day. And some asswipe will come on tv tonight on the CBC and crow about freedom from western influences as troops withdraw.

I want to bazooka barf and punch out Peter Mansbridge.

With all due respect, we canucks, the dutch and a serious kickass brit troop held the fort in Afghanistan while Iraq was raging. Our troops rocked.

ETA: not trying to say this to be mean or partisan, I just really wrapped my head around this last year. It's a hard pill to swallow.

You couldn't have changed anything. The key export from Afghanistan is opium. And no government on the planet is going to let that trade go down.

Oh well nuck fans are worse than American dissidents...

Anyone but Vancouver....

:lol:

As a loyal Hawks fan....

After all these years and the Taliban is still THE major force within Afghanistan. Why is that?

Remember, even inside the old USSR and inside Modern China, still religion has a foothold. The Taliban in Afghanistan is their state church. You can't stomp it out unless you kill everyone.

Many Republicans believe (they believe so many odd and strange things) that the Taliban was part of the WTC Terrorist attack because they wouldn't give up al Qaeda. But we now know in their culture, you can't "turn over" an honored guest once you have accepted them into your home. And remember, al Qaeda fought with the Taliban against Soviet Incursion. They were most certainly "honored guests".

Republicans, even if they cared, don't understand this. Remember, John McCain didn't even know the difference between Sunni and Shiite. Add in the Republicans complete lack of understanding in this country of anyone other than a white conservative and you have a recipe for disaster.

Obama is going to have to cut a deal with the Taliban. There is not a shred of evidence that the Taliban had a hand in 9/11. Considering where all the bombers came from, the US is probably looking in the wrong country.

Hopefully, Obama will be re-elected. We need a president who will get this country out of Afghanistan and you know that no Republican will do that. Republicans see foreign wars as highly profitable ways to make lots of money. And we only lose a few poor kids so it's a "Win-Win". Money to people already rich versus the cost of the lives of a few poor kids. Eliminate abortion laws and they can be replaced easily enough.

We will be stuck there until after the presidential elections because Republicans will never, ever allow peace between the US and the Taliban. They would say Obama is friends with terrorists and that's the proof.

Remember, the generals told us Gitmo was a "recruiting tool" for al Qaeda. Republicans say that if you close Gitmo you will have to release terrorists onto the streets and into backyards as if they never heard of "maximum security prisons" before. So sick of this "willful ignorance".

Republicans know this and fought to keep it open even though it threatens the lives of young patriotic American soldiers. They don't care. It's all about getting the black guy out of the WHITE House. If they can't control the country, they will see it destroyed. Like a dog guarding a pile of hay, their natural instinct is to keep others from using it even when they have no use for it.

Or we can just nuke every Islamic theocracy's military installations.

Sounds good, kill a bunch of innocent civilians and children, and in return, we get nuked by just about every country on Earth for violating every nuclear treaty in the world at the same time.

Good plan, I've always wanted to see the entire world burn.

After all these years and the Taliban is still THE major force within Afghanistan. Why is that?

Remember, even inside the old USSR and inside Modern China, still religion has a foothold. The Taliban in Afghanistan is their state church. You can't stomp it out unless you kill everyone.

Many Republicans believe (they believe so many odd and strange things) that the Taliban was part of the WTC Terrorist attack because they wouldn't give up al Qaeda. But we now know in their culture, you can't "turn over" an honored guest once you have accepted them into your home. And remember, al Qaeda fought with the Taliban against Soviet Incursion. They were most certainly "honored guests".

Republicans, even if they cared, don't understand this. Remember, John McCain didn't even know the difference between Sunni and Shiite. Add in the Republicans complete lack of understanding in this country of anyone other than a white conservative and you have a recipe for disaster.

Obama is going to have to cut a deal with the Taliban. There is not a shred of evidence that the Taliban had a hand in 9/11. Considering where all the bombers came from, the US is probably looking in the wrong country.

Hopefully, Obama will be re-elected. We need a president who will get this country out of Afghanistan and you know that no Republican will do that. Republicans see foreign wars as highly profitable ways to make lots of money. And we only lose a few poor kids so it's a "Win-Win". Money to people already rich versus the cost of the lives of a few poor kids. Eliminate abortion laws and they can be replaced easily enough.

We will be stuck there until after the presidential elections because Republicans will never, ever allow peace between the US and the Taliban. They would say Obama is friends with terrorists and that's the proof.

Remember, the generals told us Gitmo was a "recruiting tool" for al Qaeda. Republicans say that if you close Gitmo you will have to release terrorists onto the streets and into backyards as if they never heard of "maximum security prisons" before. So sick of this "willful ignorance".

Republicans know this and fought to keep it open even though it threatens the lives of young patriotic American soldiers. They don't care. It's all about getting the black guy out of the WHITE House. If they can't control the country, they will see it destroyed. Like a dog guarding a pile of hay, their natural instinct is to keep others from using it even when they have no use for it.

If I'm not mistaken - the last time the U.S. didn't have to negotiate with the enemy to end a conflict - we used 2 atomic bombs on civilian targets.

I don't think its ever a good idea to go to war unless you're willing to kill everyone who isn't a U.S. Citizen.

Sounds good, kill a bunch of innocent civilians and children, and in return, we get nuked by just about every country on Earth for violating every nuclear treaty in the world at the same time.

I would love to know what civilians are living on Iranian military complexes?? especially those that are enriching yellow cake...

Boom gone....

I'd put an end to that "death to America" bullshit really fast.

I would love to know what civilians are living on Iranian military complexes?? especially those that are enriching yellow cake...

Boom gone....

Yea, and it would start a whole new level of bullshit the likes of which you couldn't even fucking imagine.

You also seem to underestimate the power of a nuclear weapon and its effects.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxD44HO8dNQ]Tsar Bomba - King of the Bombs - 57,000,000 Tonnes of TNT - YouTube[/ame]

Boom gone....

Yea, and it would start a whole new level of bullshit the likes of which you couldn't even fucking imagine.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxD44HO8dNQ]Tsar Bomba - King of the Bombs - 57,000,000 Tonnes of TNT - YouTube[/ame]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You want to talk about weaponry????

Where you want to start the debate??? with physics or "bombs?"

Boom gone....

If you want to have a physics debate feel free to start a new topic, and I would be happy to educate you, but you seem to have no clear understanding of the fallout capacity of modern nuclear armaments. They are not like the shitty bombs that were dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

These WILL cause civilian death, and a lot of it. They are not precision weapons.

Tsar Bomba - King of the Bombs - 57,000,000 Tonnes of TNT - YouTube

If you want to have a physics debate feel free to start a new topic, and I would be happy to educate you, but you seem to have no clear understanding of the fallout capacity of modern nuclear armaments. They are not like the shitty bombs that were dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

These WILL cause civilian death, and a lot of it. They are not precision weapons.

Depends on the size/mass/intent of the bomb dummy....

Last edited:

Depends on the size of the bomb dummy....

Yea, and considering the fallout of even the smallest, it would have to be a non-nuclear high capacity bomb.

Depends on the size of the bomb dummy....

Yea, and considering the fallout of even the smallest, it would have to be a non-nuclear high capacity bomb.

I suppose that is based on the objective...

The United Stats has the capabilities to turn deserts into glass...

Forum List

Back