Why the US will have to negotiate with the Taliban

Time to leave. And build bridges instead of burning them.

No thanks. Supporting the Taliban is unacceptable. We will have done no good for Afghanistan if we do that. We do need to leave Afghanistan but lets do it with dignity. I have no interest in propping up the Taliban before we go. That policy really is repugnant and will come back to haunt us.

Last edited:
Time to leave. And build bridges instead of burning them.

No thanks. Supporting the Taliban is unacceptable. We will have done no good for Afghanistan if we do that. We do need to leave Afghanistan but lets do it with dignity. I have no interest in propping up the Taliban before we go.

There is no dignity to be obtained in the first place. Loose the "holier than thou" perception and see reality. Rebuild relations and leave. No dignity intact. But, smart understanding. The time has long since come for dignified action. Lets just save face.

We should leave Afghanistan with dignity. Supporting the Taliban will prevent us from doing that.

We should kill them all...

I'm not as worried about Afghanistan as I am with Iraq..

Saddam is gone and its a new chapter...

The Taliban are the only group that has the ability to bring stability to Afghanistan.

We need to support the Taliban in order to keep the country from falling into anarchy after we leave.

They chose to give shelter to the man that claimed to be responsible for the deaths of almost 3000 people on U.S. soil. They made themselves targets.

The Taliban are the only group that has the ability to bring stability to Afghanistan.

We need to support the Taliban in order to keep the country from falling into anarchy after we leave.

Who the fuck cares if it continues to fall into anarchy?

Whatever it takes to repair relations and leave, that is what should be done. We have starving AMERICANS to be more concerned with. Reaction-ism is not a new option here.

We can never support the Taliban. We should leave Afghanistan immediately but we should not prop up the Taliban before we do that. That will surely come back to bite us.

We should leave Afghanistan with dignity. Supporting the Taliban will prevent us from doing that.

We should kill them all...

I'm not as worried about Afghanistan as I am with Iraq..

Saddam is gone and its a new chapter...

The reason i use VAMPIRIC is i am a 235th decendant of vlad the impaler,and all taliban should be killed,heads on stakes,to give a message tjey will not prevent the evolution of man by their mantra of satan.

Kill everyone of them. They enslave africans,women,and everything else that threatens them which is freedom,not bondage.DEATH TO THE SATAN ALLAH.

After all these years and the Taliban is still THE major force within Afghanistan. Why is that?

Remember, even inside the old USSR and inside Modern China, still religion has a foothold. The Taliban in Afghanistan is their state church. You can't stomp it out unless you kill everyone.

Many Republicans believe (they believe so many odd and strange things) that the Taliban was part of the WTC Terrorist attack because they wouldn't give up al Qaeda. But we now know in their culture, you can't "turn over" an honored guest once you have accepted them into your home. And remember, al Qaeda fought with the Taliban against Soviet Incursion. They were most certainly "honored guests".

Republicans, even if they cared, don't understand this. Remember, John McCain didn't even know the difference between Sunni and Shiite. Add in the Republicans complete lack of understanding in this country of anyone other than a white conservative and you have a recipe for disaster.

Obama is going to have to cut a deal with the Taliban. There is not a shred of evidence that the Taliban had a hand in 9/11. Considering where all the bombers came from, the US is probably looking in the wrong country.

Hopefully, Obama will be re-elected. We need a president who will get this country out of Afghanistan and you know that no Republican will do that. Republicans see foreign wars as highly profitable ways to make lots of money. And we only lose a few poor kids so it's a "Win-Win". Money to people already rich versus the cost of the lives of a few poor kids. Eliminate abortion laws and they can be replaced easily enough.

We will be stuck there until after the presidential elections because Republicans will never, ever allow peace between the US and the Taliban. They would say Obama is friends with terrorists and that's the proof.

Remember, the generals told us Gitmo was a "recruiting tool" for al Qaeda. Republicans say that if you close Gitmo you will have to release terrorists onto the streets and into backyards as if they never heard of "maximum security prisons" before. So sick of this "willful ignorance".

Republicans know this and fought to keep it open even though it threatens the lives of young patriotic American soldiers. They don't care. It's all about getting the black guy out of the WHITE House. If they can't control the country, they will see it destroyed. Like a dog guarding a pile of hay, their natural instinct is to keep others from using it even when they have no use for it.

Benazir Butto begat the Taliban. A most interesting photo I witnessed CBC network was a top of the line silver maytag dishwasher from a taliban leaders house. The Taliban are no different than First Nations leaders that we have here.

Every penny sent for aid goes to the head mother trucking evil head honcho. And our leaders (and I shall rock on this in my lifetime) just go "we gave the money".

Last edited:
Shortly after 9/11 the Taliban offered to arrest Osama bin Laden and extradite him to a party country for trial.

Bush refused the offer.

Unless you prove a point, you are messing up your Presidents kiddo.

That was Clinton if my memory serves me well.

But by all means give me a link to Bush before I smoke you.

geez, rdean. you are sounding a lot like ron paul. why don't you just vote for him? You know he will end this foreign conundrum.

Ron Paul is a terrible person. His campaign manager from the last election raised tens of millions of dollars for Paul, but when he got cancer, he was uninsured and ended up owing over $400,000.00 and Paul did nothing to help him.

The irony is that if the guy had lived a little longer, Obamacare might have saved him.
I am no Ron Paul supporter but what do you really expect Ron Paul to do? Pay for his medical bills. Do a fund raiser?? It is not Ron Pauls responsibility to pay for anything.

Ron Paul calls himself a Christian and a doctor. Clearly he believe in "every man for himself".

Are the only two options "Take 100% care of the guy" or "let him die"? They are if you're a Republican. Everything is "either/or" and nothing in between. It's why they can't negotiate.

Ron Paul just explained the difference between Taliban and al Qaeda. Republicans don't know, and simply don't care.

None of these guys gave Obama credit for getting Bin Laden.

Mitt said our navy is smaller than our navy in 1917 and our planes are older than those in 1947. Is he insane?

Forum List

Back