Why the rightwing is freaking out in America

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Christianity is in decline. It is being quickly being relegated to a subculture - a besieged one at that, given how the anti-discrimination laws are starting to be the law of the land. These Americans feel like their way of life is threatened by rising secularism, and there is an anxiety among many that their culture - unmoored from its Christian anchor - could go in any direction. So we see the racism and other anti social behaviors that were always in the sub surfacing, surfacing

Christianity is in decline. It is being quickly being relegated to a subculture - a besieged one at that, given how the anti-discrimination laws are starting to be the law of the land. These Americans feel like their way of life is threatened by rising secularism, and there is an anxiety among many that their culture - unmoored from its Christian anchor - could go in any direction. So we see the racism and other anti social behaviors that were always in the sub surfacing, surfacing

You are not a secularist. You are a miserable bigot, the prototype of the "asshole atheist", and in general, a terrible human being.

I am a lapsed Catholic at best, but I am almost wishing there is a hell, and you will burn or freeze or whatever it is that happens in that place.

• Banned
I was wondering when you would post your daily "hate Christian" thread. You're insane
how do you square that with the bi group "activities"

kvWq5.gif

• Banned

You are not a secularist. You are a miserable bigot, the prototype of the "asshole atheist", and in general, a terrible human being.

I am a lapsed Catholic at best, but I am almost wishing there is a hell, and you will burn or freeze or whatever it is that happens in that place.
your mentally ill christian revenge fantasies, exhibit A of my op

your mentally ill christian revenge fantasies

No, just general, good old fashioned justified revenge fantasies.

The Count of Monte Cristo comes to mind.

I was wondering when you would post your daily "hate Christian" thread. You're insane
how do you square that with the bi group "activities"

kvWq5.gif

Give it a rest you retarded clown, you and your little group of retards tried and failed miserably...but you're all ignorant left tards so the results were expected. It's why you idiots still have Velcro on your shoes...tying shoes is haaaaaaard. Get some new material...you're old, worn out and stale

Do you have a link to a sociologist or anthropologist to back up your hypothesis? Or a these just the insane fantasies of a lunatic hater?

Its telling that a reasonable proposition is shouted down by the ignorant. You could debate the point with intelligence and sense but..........................

thank you and I'm sure many here agrees with that. :clap2:

I was wondering. Are you some other religion, maybe Islamic? Or, more likely, are you just another gender queer asshole that likes to fuck little boys?

Its telling that a reasonable proposition is shouted down by the ignorant. You could debate the point with intelligence and sense but..........................
......you don't want to debate the point with intelligence and sense.

I'm am far from religious but I have enough sense to leave people alone.

I'd like to see some actual proof that this is true.

And nobody is shouting anyone down.

Why is it that those who disagree with you are ignorant?

It is always an insult with you.

How do you have an intellectual conversation with someone who starts the conversation with an insult?

I imagine hell to be like the movie Jacob's ladder. It is a place, somewhere between life and death. A place of our own choosing. A person stays there till they learn what they need to. I have a feeling Guno will be there for a VERY, VERY. . . . . .

VERY

VERY

Long time.

How do you have an intellectual conversation with someone who starts the conversation with an insult?
Well I am not totally convinced by his assertion and it is obviously based on his experience. But nobody has tried to counter that with anything but abuse. I think that is poor.

I'll agree with your post, except the last sentence. I feel kind of bad for evangelical Christians who see the society around them "going to hell" in their eyes. The problem is how they can feel comfortable in our world without infringing on the rights of others. All the laws and law suits that have sprung up to either help or stop these Christians from living their beliefs have become a far more divisive topic than the religious right ever wished to begin. Racists and homophobes have jumped on their train, but I do wish there was a way to respect these people's rights to not engage in what they call sin, without tearing society apart.

I'll agree with your post, except the last sentence. I feel kind of bad for evangelical Christians who see the society around them "going to hell" in their eyes. The problem is how they can feel comfortable in our world without infringing on the rights of others. All the laws and law suits that have sprung up to either help or stop these Christians from living their beliefs have become a far more divisive topic than the religious right ever wished to begin. Racists and homophobes have jumped on their train, but I do wish there was a way to respect these people's rights to not engage in what they call sin, without tearing society apart.
they brought it on themselves

Well I am not totally convinced by his assertion and it is obviously based on his experience. But nobody has tried to counter that with anything but abuse. I think that is poor.
83% of Americans are religious Tommy. I don't see them going away anytime soon.

What are your assertions based on? Your own experience?

The only abuse I see is the abuse towards those who are religious.

What have these individuals done to warrant your scorn and insults?

Forum List

Back