Why the renewed rw war on the First Lady?

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Must've had the embers stoked by Fox & Friends. Amiright? :dunno: Whatever the reason, it makes the rw'ers who are perpetuating it- skye, misty, etc... extremely petty :clap2: :eusa_boohoo:

NEWSFLASH!!! First Ladies aren't elected. ;)

While I think that we should "pull our punches" to some degree when discussing the First Ladies...I do think that anything they do in the public sphere is up for comment, critique, and downright criticism.

I feel that the disgusting comments regarding Laura Bush's teenage and college years I read on this site were unbelievably out of line, just like I view the rude comments about Michelle Obama's body, hair, attitude, etc.

I do think, however, that comments regarding Michelle Obama's "Just Move" campaign and decisions she makes that relate to that are fair game. I feel that trips she takes are fair game. I feel that when she makes a comment that reflects (or may reflect her opinion) regarding issues that I care about...she's fair game. She is the First Lady. She represents our nation. She chose that lifestyle by marrying a man who chose to run successfully for President of this nation.

I think that, for the most part, it is fairly easy to tell the difference between legitimate criticism and partisan meanness. I think, however, that each side tends to get a bit more defensive of "their" First Lady...which is, perhaps sadly, natural.

"War on" has to be the most overused phrase of the last 4 years. Dear god let the next 4 be less warry.

Excellent point.

I am not crazy about Michelle for what she said in the past and for her "politics" but I feel no "war" with her. She is the First Lady and while serving in that capacity, even unelected, I will give her the standard respect I give all First Ladies.

What "war"?

examples?
links?

quotes?

:cuckoo:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/273981-michelle-caught-making-faces-at-john-boehner.html

We all know the Obamas have no class.

It's really really hard to put lipstick on a pig.

You can take the Negros out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the Negros.

And that is just from the first page of 7 so far!

Must've had the embers stoked by Fox & Friends. Amiright? :dunno: Whatever the reason, it makes the rw'ers who are perpetuating it- skye, misty, etc... extremely petty :clap2: :eusa_boohoo:

Maybe they should be.

She embodies nearly everything the right hates in a woman.

Independent
Mind of her own
Successful
Minority
Outspoken

What "war"?

examples?
links?

quotes?

:cuckoo:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/273981-michelle-caught-making-faces-at-john-boehner.html

We all know the Obamas have no class.

It's really really hard to put lipstick on a pig.

You can take the Negros out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the Negros.

And that is just from the first page of 7 so far!
That's actually not a bad thread. The one about her hair is full of disgusting, out of line comments.

I don't know why the blather from the left on here about George W Bush not attending the inauguration?

I don't know why the blather from the left on here about George W Bush not attending the inauguration?

Apples and oranges.

And it is traditional for ex-Presidents to attend an inauguration unless their health prevents them from doing so.

Forum List

Back