Why the Death Penalty should be brought back. Dont want to serve the time, then you cant be a repeat offender.

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
Virginia inmates escape from federal prison
The U.S. Marshals Service, the FBI and local law enforcement agencies were immediately notified of the missing inmates and an internal investigation into how they escaped has been initiated, FOX 5 reported.
I have always been a firm believer in the harshest punishments for convicted criminals, because people who cannot be corrected need to be permanently removed from society. Yeah, i know there are some who have found Jesus and have gone out of the criminal "Justice" system and made ideal citizens, but the rest of them, those that have a rap sheet a mile long, who continually break the law, execution. No more paper work, no more finding ways to escape and harm another law abiding citizen.
1655635044402.png 1655635062732.png

Virginia inmates escape from federal prison I have always been a firm believer in the harshest punishments for convicted criminals, because people who cannot be corrected need to be permanently removed from society. Yeah, i know there are some who have found Jesus and have gone out of the criminal "Justice" system and made ideal citizens, but the rest of them, those that have a rap sheet a mile long, who continually break the law, execution. No more paper work, no more finding ways to escape and harm another law abiding citizen.
View attachment 659716 View attachment 659717
Everybody does drug and everybody has a firearm. They are stupid.

Statistics show Capital Punishment (CP) is not a deterrent in it's current form. The stat I'm citing is that the same state (Texas) routinely leads the nation in the number of uses of CP per year. If it was a deterrent, the use would wane over time in Texas. It hasn't.

1655636733301.png

So either CP itself is flawed or the way we carry it out is flawed. I think its the latter myself. I oppose CP on moral grounds. Killing a killer doesn't somehow justify killing. Whatever.

But...if the US is going to have CP...we really need to expedite the process. There is no reason that people should spend decades on death row.

1655636928786.png

There is no reason it should have ever been 71 months (the low) for the condemned to have their sentence carried out. It should have never been 48 months. It shouldn't be 24 months. I would say 12 months. But I would throw a big caveat into it. The Monday after a death sentence is handed down, a federal appeal is automatically filed and a federal review of the case starts. The reviewers--who would be DOJ attornies--have full autonomy to examine the evidence, review the transcripts of the case, interview witnesses...everything. The reviewers present their findings to a 3 judge panel of the Supreme Court (judges 3, 5 and 9 in seniority so the panel will change from time to time) for their decision to stay the execution or let it proceed. If they stay the execution and recommend a new trial, that is up to the State to re-try the case if they want. If the justices vote to let it go through, the State can proceed with the execution. That's it. No endless appeals, not books written while they are on death row, none of this endless legal wrangling.

Again, I am against the death penalty but if we're going to have CP...lets make it count.

Virginia inmates escape from federal prison I have always been a firm believer in the harshest punishments for convicted criminals, because people who cannot be corrected need to be permanently removed from society. Yeah, i know there are some who have found Jesus and have gone out of the criminal "Justice" system and made ideal citizens, but the rest of them, those that have a rap sheet a mile long, who continually break the law, execution. No more paper work, no more finding ways to escape and harm another law abiding citizen.
View attachment 659716 View attachment 659717
You take a person's life then you have that on your life. Spiritually psychopaths have been cut off from their inner feeling self and spirituality. A Psychiatrist in the UK managed to work with them and they came round to a place where they had empathy for others after they had faced the tormented hell they had been through. Then his funding was cut. We are all spiritual beings. It is up to us to work to heal those who have lost themselves. Harsher punishments do not work. That makes them worse, Until we are able to heal people we do need to keep them either in jail or some other safe environment to protect everyone else ideally doing therapy in the hope they can be released. If you choose to kill them then that is a choice you made and are responsible for. I only believe we have the right to kill someone due to the need of imminent self defence.

anyone going to argue with this?

The threat of execution at some future date is unlikely to enter the minds of those acting under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, those who are in the grip of fear or rage, those who are panicking while committing another crime (such as a robbery), or those who suffer from mental illness or mental retardation and do not fully understand the gravity of their crime.

so all these people are free of the death penalty as it is not a deterrent to them?

I know in the UK and I think in the US as well that we have stopped working to try and make it possible for them to have a decent life when they leave by helping them to develop skills. They sit all day doing jobs like packing mushrooms. Consider the difference in outcome in places like Sweden where they try to make life as real as possible, treat them with respect, help them get an education and training for a job.

You take a person's life then you have that on your life. Spiritually psychopaths have been cut off from their inner feeling self and spirituality. A Psychiatrist in the UK managed to work with them and they came round to a place where they had empathy for others after they had faced the tormented hell they had been through. Then his funding was cut. We are all spiritual beings. It is up to us to work to heal those who have lost themselves. Harsher punishments do not work. That makes them worse, Until we are able to heal people we do need to keep them either in jail or some other safe environment to protect everyone else ideally doing therapy in the hope they can be released. If you choose to kill them then that is a choice you made and are responsible for. I only believe we have the right to kill someone due to the need of imminent self defence.
That repeat offender isnt a life, but a thing that needs to be put under like you would a rabid dog.

anyone going to argue with this?

so all these people are free of the death penalty as it is not a deterrent to them?

I know in the UK and I think in the US as well that we have stopped working to try and make it possible for them to have a decent life when they leave by helping them to develop skills. They sit all day doing jobs like packing mushrooms. Consider the difference in outcome in places like Sweden where they try to make life as real as possible, treat them with respect, help them get an education and training for a job.

Billions of dollars go into "correctional facilities to try to "correct' these creatures who infringed upon the rights of others. So you think it is better to be nice to the criminal and not so to the victims these criminals did harm to. Thanks for playing.

Billions of dollars go into "correctional facilities to try to "correct' these creatures who infringed upon the rights of others. So you think it is better to be nice to the criminal and not so to the victims these criminals did harm to. Thanks for playing.
You have the highest imprisonment rate in the world and you do not help people to get back into ordinary life when they leave prison. Your Prisons in the main are now economic enterprises for warehousing in particular black people.

You have the highest imprisonment rate in the world and you do not help people to get back into ordinary life when they leave prison. Your Prisons in the main are now economic enterprises for warehousing in particular black people.
And who has been the proponent of putting people into jails?

I will say something about your side for sure. They are willing to execute unborn and born babies in the 10s of thousands a year, but save a criminal Democrat voter who has raped/murdered/child molested because then they have their business of allowing those criminals back on the street to do their bidding.

When History isnt remembered, History tends to repeat itself.

Forum List

Back