Why so little serious debate?

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by Xelor, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Chuz Life

Chuz Life Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,770
    In my exchanges with you - you ran from the truth like a cockroach from a kitchen light.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,941
    lol true, and now his new gimmick is having mods close his threads when they aren't to his liking; he wants to spout nonsense and then have everybody's posts deleted that don't fit his nutjob viewpoints. lol what a hoot.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46,992
    Heh! You must feel pretty disappointed.

4. GreenBean

GreenBean VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +839
    Each side is largely parroting talking points from their favorite pundits and there is very little real rationalizing. So far as the liberal faction is concerned - you can beat them over the head for hours with facts, destroy nearly all their arguments and they will still keep insisting they are right - they are the victims of conditioning. Basically you can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink and you can lead ta libtard to facts but can't make it think. .......

5. Humorme

Humorme Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +154
    I think that somewhere between a college thesis and tweet should be acceptable.

In my mind the problem is that people put a little thought in creating a post of say ten paragraphs only to have one or two children multi quoting that post with responses like "you're a moron" or "imbecile"... or such like. If you take the time to match them insult for insult, your reply gets deleted and the post that was initially offending gets to stay up.

Isn't that what this thread is really about?

6. ChrisL

ChrisL Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46,992
    This is true. Or the thoughtful intelligent posts are basically ignored while the ones that say "Obama sucks" or "Trump sucks" get like 20 "thanks." Lol. It just goes to show the level that some people are at is all, IMO.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46,992
    If it is an important enough issue to me, I will back up my position with links and take some time in typing out a post. Most of the stuff that goes on around this forum though . . . . :uhh: I just read and figure I'm probably just wasting my time in most cases.

8. Damaged Eagle

Damaged Eagle Highwayman Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,808
    upload_2017-9-19_8-55-23.jpeg

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Bonzi

Bonzi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,273
    ....because they are too busy trying to be funny (and it's not working)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Humorme

Humorme Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +154
    Hopefully, by taking the time to express your views on this thread, the moderators / administrators will take a hint.

I feel exactly as you do. A few days ago I posted and it took a good dozen paragraphs with many links. ONE LINK was questionable. And so, a board troll began calling me an idiot, imbecile dumb f***, etc. and I challenged him on his childish manner. I pointed out how immature his posts were and how he had followed me around on more than twenty times, calling me names. His name calling got to stand and a moderator deleted my challenge to that poster's trolling.

Well, the moderators / administrators now see that at least two posters disagree with that way of doing business. For those who have to tolerate that, it is not interesting nor entertaining... except for the sick puppies that delight in trolling others and calling them names.

A snarky comment is one thing. Providing fertile ground for sick people to harass and intimidate their fellow posters is a completely different thing. Let's hope the people with the power to make that call take a hint.

• Funny Funny x 1