Why Right Wing Is Petrified of Letting Voters, Not Electoral College, Pick Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is more to Jeopardy than just trivia.
Just as there is more to mastering physics than just doing simple arithmetic. Before you can even be accepted into a physics program you must prove you have mastered the most advanced mathematics, the language of physics.

Ok I had to take a moment to clean my monitor 'cause I spit my beer all over it after you appeared to be suggesting that Jeopardy proficiency suggests you are some sort of intellectual master. My mother kicks ass at Jeopardy and she didn't even graduate from high school...she just reads a lot. That advanced physics education doesn't seem to be serving you very well suddenly.
More anecdotal bullshit.

No university I attended was dominated by Libs, and as a Physicist, I suspect I'm much better educated than you could ever hope to be.

Why does merely being a physicist mean you are "much better educated than (he) could ever hope to be"?
Because Physics is easily the most difficult and demanding of all educational pursuits. Only a very select few can master physics.

:rofl:

and you probably aren't one of them

Being able to phrase the answer in the form of a question is not a challenge. By the way, I doubt you are a physicist, if you were you would know what a cynic is.

i have an answer for you Quantum. perhaps you can provide the question for 1,000 points.

"This liberal douchebag professes to be an advanced physicist but doesn't know what a cynic is, insists that his opinion is more valuable than verifiable facts, and completely lacks any understanding of educational environments."

Because Physics is easily the most difficult and demanding of all educational pursuits. Only a very select few can master physics.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skQGve3XksU"]Sheldon, Bazinga in ball pit - YouTube[/ame]
Rep. Rush Holt takes down IBM supercomputer 'Watson' in round of Jeopardy! | NJ.com
TRENTON — The answer is: This rocket scientist congressman from central New Jersey took down IBM supercomputer "Watson" during a round of Jeopardy!
Question: Who is Rush Holt?
In a battle of wits between man and machine at a Capitol Hill hotel Monday night, Holt (D-12th Dist.) triumphed over "Watson" in one round of an exhibition match sponsored by IBM. Holt finished the round with 8,600 points to the computer’s 6,200.
The event was designed to foster discussion about U.S. global competitiveness, positive implications of technology and more investment in math and science education, according to IBM.
Four of Holt's colleagues — U.S. Reps. Bill Cassidy (R-La.), Nan Hayworth (R-N.Y.), Jim Himes (D-Conn.) and Jared Polis (D-Colo.) — challenged Watson but couldn't compete with the computer.
During three televised episodes of the game show last month, Watson trounced Jeopardy! champions Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter.
Holt, a physicist who was a five-time Jeopardy! champion long before he entered the House, parlayed his victory into a call to support math and science education and invest in new technology.

you can't possibly be this stupid.

it's against the laws of physics, mon

/scotty

The guy that said that is on your side.

no, he isn't.

reading for comprehension is your friend, baggy.

Phantom posted that the idea is both constitutional and legal, that makes him on Lakhota's side in this even if he is a rabid rightwing nutjob. It also makes him wrong.

No Lakota is a complete flaming idiot. It IS legal and constitutional, at least to my understanding....but it's not in keeping with the principles upon which this nation was founded. Therefore I reject Lakhota's position

Not true. Please don't make things up.

Here are the actual figures....

Super PACs | OpenSecrets

Every time you post I laugh.

The link you provided is for lobbying, not campaign spending. If you look at the link I provide below you will see that Democrats spent $1,816,201,141 and Republicans spent $1,772,688,000 in 2010, which is what I said. Notice that I am using the same source, just so you can't dismiss it as rightwing.

The Money Behind the Elections | OpenSecrets

The link I provided was not for lobbying.

Why do you keep lying?

Look at the screenshot below, do you see the tab at the top that says Influence and Lobbying?

attachment.php

Try again, moron.

Attachments

• $Capture.jpg
    $Capture.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 30
Being good at Jeapardy is not an indication of intelligence, it is simply a matter of knowing a lot of trivia. I owe Sheldon an apology, he would know that.
Just as there is more to mastering physics than just doing simple arithmetic. Before you can even be accepted into a physics program you must prove you have mastered the most advanced mathematics, the language of physics.

Being able to phrase the answer in the form of a question is not a challenge. By the way, I doubt you are a physicist, if you were you would know what a cynic is.
Sure, that's a more important prerequisite for physics than calculus!!! :cuckoo:

Cynic, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be.
- Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914), The Devil's Dictionary

i have an answer for you Quantum. perhaps you can provide the question for 1,000 points.

"This liberal douchebag professes to be an advanced physicist but doesn't know what a cynic is, insists that his opinion is more valuable than verifiable facts, and completely lacks any understanding of educational environments."

Who is Edthepartisanhack?

Who is Edthepartisanhack?

And you have control of the board!!!!! :lol:

The guy that said that is on your side.

no, he isn't.

Phantom posted that the idea is both constitutional and legal, that makes him on Lakhota's side in this even if he is a rabid rightwing nutjob. It also makes him wrong.

there's nothing unconstitutional about a state deciding to have their electors vote as the popular vote dictates.

good to know you're a right wing rabid nutjob

i thought you were just a blowhard

no, he isn't.

No Lakota is a complete flaming idiot. It IS legal and constitutional, at least to my understanding....but it's not in keeping with the principles upon which this nation was founded. Therefore I reject Lakhota's position

My mistake, but you are also wrong. Article 1 Section 10 Clause 3 specifically prohibits states from entering into compacts without Congressional approval. This is obviously a compact between more than one states, and thus unconstitutional.

Sure, that's a more important prerequisite for physics than calculus!!! :cuckoo:

Cynic, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be.
- Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914), The Devil's Dictionary

i can do calculus, I actually taught myself when I was supposed to be learning trig because the calculus class was in the same room as the trig class in my high school. Does that make me a physicist?

Why does merely being a physicist mean you are "much better educated than (he) could ever hope to be"?

Only a very select few can master Steak au Poivre too.
Almost any physicist can master sauteing a steak coated in peppercorns, but it is a very rare chef who can master quantum mechanics.

no, he isn't.

there's nothing unconstitutional about a state deciding to have their electors vote as the popular vote dictates.

good to know you're a right wing rabid nutjob

i thought you were just a blowhard

It is, however, unconstitutional for a state to enter into a compact with another state for any reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back