Why Right Wing Is Petrified of Letting Voters, Not Electoral College, Pick Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong.

The Koch brothers are assembling a large group of corporate donors that will give over one million dollars each. Dems can't match that.

Citizens United will be the end of American democracy, if it is not overturned.

LOL, what a load of absolute crap. You realize Obama is going to raise close to a billion bucks, right? You realize the dems total donations in 2010 exceed slightly whatt he GOP raised, right?

That was before Citizens United.

I think one day Citizens United will be overturned.

Cough up the numbers.

Because Physics is easily the most difficult and demanding of all educational pursuits. Only a very select few can master physics.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skQGve3XksU"]Sheldon, Bazinga in ball pit - YouTube[/ame]
Rep. Rush Holt takes down IBM supercomputer 'Watson' in round of Jeopardy! | NJ.com
TRENTON — The answer is: This rocket scientist congressman from central New Jersey took down IBM supercomputer "Watson" during a round of Jeopardy!
Question: Who is Rush Holt?
In a battle of wits between man and machine at a Capitol Hill hotel Monday night, Holt (D-12th Dist.) triumphed over "Watson" in one round of an exhibition match sponsored by IBM. Holt finished the round with 8,600 points to the computer’s 6,200.
The event was designed to foster discussion about U.S. global competitiveness, positive implications of technology and more investment in math and science education, according to IBM.
Four of Holt's colleagues — U.S. Reps. Bill Cassidy (R-La.), Nan Hayworth (R-N.Y.), Jim Himes (D-Conn.) and Jared Polis (D-Colo.) — challenged Watson but couldn't compete with the computer.
During three televised episodes of the game show last month, Watson trounced Jeopardy! champions Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter.
Holt, a physicist who was a five-time Jeopardy! champion long before he entered the House, parlayed his victory into a call to support math and science education and invest in new technology.

Being good at Jeapardy is not an indication of intelligence, it is simply a matter of knowing a lot of trivia. I owe Sheldon an apology, he would know that.

You are right, it isn't like the Democrats have billionaires like Soros or Corzine on their side.

There is no comparison.

Unlimited secret corporate money will be the end of American democracy, and Romney is the face of that problem.

You said the same thing in 2010, and Democrats outspent Republicans. By the way, America is a Republic, not a Democracy. If it was actually a Democracy all national issues would be subject to popular vote. not the vote of Congress.

Not true. Please don't make things up.

Here are the actual figures....

Super PACs | OpenSecrets

Wrong.

The Koch brothers are assembling a large group of corporate donors that will give over one million dollars each. Dems can't match that.

LOL, what a load of absolute crap. You realize Obama is going to raise close to a billion bucks, right? You realize the dems total donations in 2010 exceed slightly whatt he GOP raised, right?

Obama said that last year, after CU.

Idiot.

Apparently, the GOP still considers the population to be too uneducated and stupid to choose a President.... which WAS THE REASON for the Electoral College to begin with. Most people couldn't even read back then.

I consider the average American to be too uneducated and stupid to understand politics and therefore be too ignorant to cast an educated vote and I am a college professor. Most American's don't even understand enough about their own system of government to know what branch of government has what authorities. If you asked 100 random people on the street what Solyndra, Fast and Furious, and Cap and Trade refers to I would bet that 5% could explain all of them, 10% could explain two of them, and 20% could explain one of them.

Are we saying only "educated" voters should be allowed to vote?

The guy that said that is on your side.
Actually he's one of yours!!! And you must be the average American he was referring to. :eusa_whistle:

Obama said that last year, after CU.

Idiot.

I believe that one day it will be overturned.

And insulting people you don't know on a messageboard is kind of silly, don't you think?

No university I attended was dominated by Libs, and as a Physicist, I suspect I'm much better educated than you could ever hope to be.

Why does merely being a physicist mean you are "much better educated than (he) could ever hope to be"?
Because Physics is easily the most difficult and demanding of all educational pursuits. Only a very select few can master physics.

LOL! What a coincidence that it is your field! Are you trying to be a clown? Is this a bit?

There is no comparison.

Unlimited secret corporate money will be the end of American democracy, and Romney is the face of that problem.

You said the same thing in 2010, and Democrats outspent Republicans. By the way, America is a Republic, not a Democracy. If it was actually a Democracy all national issues would be subject to popular vote. not the vote of Congress.

Super PACs | OpenSecrets

Every time you post I laugh.

The link you provided is for lobbying, not campaign spending. If you look at the link I provide below you will see that Democrats spent $1,816,201,141 and Republicans spent $1,772,688,000 in 2010, which is what I said. Notice that I am using the same source, just so you can't dismiss it as rightwing.

The Money Behind the Elections | OpenSecrets

Wrong.

LOL, what a load of absolute crap. You realize Obama is going to raise close to a billion bucks, right? You realize the dems total donations in 2010 exceed slightly what the GOP raised, right?

Dude, Citizens v United came out Jan 21, 2010, I assume you know when the 2010 elections were held. The only way CU gets overturned is if the SCOTUS majority is liberal progressive democrats.

Apparently, the GOP still considers the population to be too uneducated and stupid to choose a President.... which WAS THE REASON for the Electoral College to begin with. Most people couldn't even read back then.

I consider the average American to be too uneducated and stupid to understand politics and therefore be too ignorant to cast an educated vote and I am a college professor. Most American's don't even understand enough about their own system of government to know what branch of government has what authorities. If you asked 100 random people on the street what Solyndra, Fast and Furious, and Cap and Trade refers to I would bet that 5% could explain all of them, 10% could explain two of them, and 20% could explain one of them.

Are we saying only "educated" voters should be allowed to vote?

The guy that said that is on your side.
Actually he's one of yours!!! And you must be the average American he was referring to. :eusa_whistle:

He is not one of mine, I don't have a side, and I think it would be unconstitutional to change the electoral college the way the OP wants.

Rep. Rush Holt takes down IBM supercomputer 'Watson' in round of Jeopardy! | NJ.com
TRENTON — The answer is: This rocket scientist congressman from central New Jersey took down IBM supercomputer "Watson" during a round of Jeopardy!
In a battle of wits between man and machine at a Capitol Hill hotel Monday night, Holt (D-12th Dist.) triumphed over "Watson" in one round of an exhibition match sponsored by IBM. Holt finished the round with 8,600 points to the computer’s 6,200.
The event was designed to foster discussion about U.S. global competitiveness, positive implications of technology and more investment in math and science education, according to IBM.
Four of Holt's colleagues — U.S. Reps. Bill Cassidy (R-La.), Nan Hayworth (R-N.Y.), Jim Himes (D-Conn.) and Jared Polis (D-Colo.) — challenged Watson but couldn't compete with the computer.
During three televised episodes of the game show last month, Watson trounced Jeopardy! champions Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter.
Holt, a physicist who was a five-time Jeopardy! champion long before he entered the House, parlayed his victory into a call to support math and science education and invest in new technology.

Being good at Jeapardy is not an indication of intelligence, it is simply a matter of knowing a lot of trivia. I owe Sheldon an apology, he would know that.
There is more to Jeopardy than just trivia.
Just as there is more to mastering physics than just doing simple arithmetic. Before you can even be accepted into a physics program you must prove you have mastered the most advanced mathematics, the language of physics.

Just as there is more to mastering physics than just doing simple arithmetic. Before you can even be accepted into a physics program you must prove you have mastered the most advanced mathematics, the language of physics.

Being able to phrase the answer in the form of a question is not a challenge. By the way, I doubt you are a physicist, if you were you would know what a cynic is.

Super PACs | OpenSecrets

Every time you post I laugh.

The link you provided is for lobbying, not campaign spending. If you look at the link I provide below you will see that Democrats spent $1,816,201,141 and Republicans spent $1,772,688,000 in 2010, which is what I said. Notice that I am using the same source, just so you can't dismiss it as rightwing.

The Money Behind the Elections | OpenSecrets

The link I provided was not for lobbying.

Why do you keep lying?

Ok I had to take a moment to clean my monitor 'cause I spit my beer all over it after you appeared to be suggesting that Jeopardy proficiency suggests you are some sort of intellectual master. My mother kicks ass at Jeopardy and she didn't even graduate from high school...she just reads a lot. That advanced physics education doesn't seem to be serving you very well suddenly.

You want to do away with the EC? You have any idea what the results would be?

Just think Florida 2000 on a national scale. Every precinct in every state counting and recounting votes. Votes being manufactured all over the place. Fraud. Corruption. Complete manipulation of the elections. Total Chaos.

Follow that with fighting in the streets and civil war.

Think of the money that will get spent on a Presidential Election.

Terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back