Why "Pre-existing conditions" is a phony, blown out of proportion issue.

The below statement sums up why the issue is phony.

An estimated 27% of adults under age 65 in the U.S. have a pre-existing condition.

And, a 2010 study conducted before enactment of ACA showed that 42% of adults aged 50 to 64 who tried to buy insurance in individual insurance markets were rejected outright, charged higher premiums, or had one or more disease conditions removed from coverage.
Possible Removal Of Pre-Existing Conditions Protections

WOW... 27% of adults under age 65 have a pre-existing condition that means of the total 55,671,030 supposedly
have a pre-existing condition that means that can't get health insurance right???
55.7 million! WOW...
But wait... 56% have group health insurance that covers them... that means.. 24.5 million without group insurance.
But wait...7% of Americans have private insurance so that leaves 22.7 million with out health insurance that might have "pre-existing conditions"...and can't get insurance... but WAIT...

When Obama floated this statement:
"We are not a nation that accepts nearly 46 million uninsured men, women and children,
It was proven by Politifact.org that Obama was "sloppy" because he counted 10 million that were illegal aliens.!
Wow... that meant then not 46 million but 36 million... But WAIT.....

Obama forgot this fact that was later PROVEN to be true by the same guy who said it took the stupidity of voters to pass Obamacare, when Obama counted 14 million as part of the 46 million uninsured...THAT WERE ELIGIBLE BEFORE ACA for Medicaid... they just didn't enroll!
PROOF! Last year, analysis from the RAND Corporation found that 6.1 million new Medicaid enrollees were already
eligible for Medicaid. MIT economist and Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber estimates that nearly 9 million new Medicaid enrollees were already eligible.
Millions of Obamacare enrollees already had health insurance

a) So of the 46 million Obama stated 10 million illegal, 14 million were eligible for Medicaid...
that leaves 22 million that don't have insurance...
b) So if the 27% is a valid number 27% of 22 million that honestly WANT health insurance but due to pre-existing
conditions or less than 6 million people that can't get health insurance that want health insurance but due to
pre-existing conditions can't get it!

I'm going to shout now:
THAT is NOT half of all Americans that have pre-existing conditions!!!
Yet that was what started this whole conversation when Obama said:
Up to half of all Americans have a pre-existing condition." — Barack Obama on Thursday, September 26th, 2013 in a speech about the Affordable Care Act
Obama says half of Americans have a pre-existing condition

AND that's what got people all bent out of shape!
There are NOT half of all Americans that pre-existing conditions preventing them from getting health insurance!

NOW here is a solution for those truly 6 million that either don't qualify for Medicaid or group health insurance:
TAX the lawyers who have caused NEARLY $850 Billion a year in wasted health expenses.
10% of the The legal services industry in the United States generated 256.66 billion U.S. dollars in revenue in 2013.Topic: Legal services industry in the U.S.
25 billion in tax revenue would provide a $340/month health insurance premium for the 6 million that have pre-existing conditions.
View attachment 221886
What a crock of shit.

And you know it's a crock of shit because republican candidates are scrambling to pretend they haven't voted against this and are now LYING and claiiming they will protect this..

Do NOT believe them

Crock of shit is ignoring the FACTS!
Now here is a crock of SHIT!
Fact check: The pre-existing conditions debate in health care

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/.../05/...pre-existing-conditions.../101283530/

May 4, 2017 - President Trump has said, “Pre-existing conditions are in the bill. ...
insurers can charge older individuals up to three times as much as younger people. .... What does the Republican Obamacare repeal bill actually do?

WHY does this happen? Car insurance costs more after age 70!

Generally, it isn't until around 70 that senior drivers may begin to see increased rates.
Car Insurance Myths: Older Drivers Pay More for Insurance | Esurance

Can you imagine moving just a few blocks to a new home and seeing as much as a 64 percent difference in your auto insurance premium?

That wasn’t a typo. While a number of factors can influence an auto insurance quote, including your age, the make and model of your car, your driving habits and your credit score, where you live — and specifically your ZIP code — may have more of an effect on your insurance rates than you think, a Bankrate survey finds.
https://www.bankrate.com/finance/in...oo-expensive-it-could-be-your-zip-code-1.aspx

Why aren't people living in high risk zip codes just as upset?

Why do car insurance rates increase after age 70 or moving from one zip code to another?

IT IS CALLED RISK MANAGEMENT!

Do you idiots understand? Health insurance "pre-existing conditions" ARE RISK MANAGEMENT!

An estimated 27% of adults under age 65 in the U.S. have a pre-existing condition.

And, a 2010 study conducted before enactment of ACA showed that 42% of adults aged 50 to 64 who tried to buy insurance in individual insurance markets were rejected outright, charged higher premiums, or had one or more disease conditions removed from coverage.

WOW... 27% of adults under age 65 have a pre-existing condition that means of the total 55,671,030 supposedly
have a pre-existing condition that means that can't get health insurance right???
55.7 million! WOW...
But wait... 56% have group health insurance that covers them... that means.. 24.5 million without group insurance.
But wait...7% of Americans have private insurance so that leaves 22.7 million with out health insurance that might have "pre-existing conditions"...and can't get insurance... but WAIT...

"We are not a nation that accepts nearly 46 million uninsured men, women and children,
It was proven by Politifact.org that Obama was "sloppy" because he counted 10 million that were illegal aliens.!

Obama forgot this fact that was later PROVEN to be true by the same guy who said it took the stupidity of voters to pass Obamacare, when Obama counted 14 million as part of the 46 million uninsured...THAT WERE ELIGIBLE BEFORE ACA for Medicaid... they just didn't enroll!
PROOF! Last year, analysis from the RAND Corporation found that 6.1 million new Medicaid enrollees were already
eligible for Medicaid. MIT economist and Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber estimates that nearly 9 million new Medicaid enrollees were already eligible.

a) So of the 46 million Obama stated 10 million illegal, 14 million were eligible for Medicaid...
b) So if the 27% is a valid number 27% of 22 million that honestly WANT health insurance but due to pre-existing
conditions or less than 6 million people that can't get health insurance that want health insurance but due to

I'm going to shout now:
Up to half of all Americans have a pre-existing condition." — Barack Obama on Thursday, September 26th, 2013 in a speech about the Affordable Care Act

There are NOT half of all Americans that pre-existing conditions preventing them from getting health insurance!

NOW here is a solution for those truly 6 million that either don't qualify for Medicaid or group health insurance:
TAX the lawyers who have caused NEARLY $850 Billion a year in wasted health expenses.
10% of the The legal services industry in the United States generated 256.66 billion U.S. dollars in revenue in 2013.Topic: Legal services industry in the U.S.
25 billion in tax revenue would provide a $340/month health insurance premium for the 6 million that have pre-existing conditions.
View attachment 221886
Anecdote: Years ago I recall hearing of a son advised to NOT donate a matching kidney to his desperately ill father because it would create in the son a 'pre-existing condition' that would penalize him the rest of his life. I believe he went ahead anyway. I wonder how he feels now, having the pre-existing part erased, then restored by an admin that taxes in a way the makes the rich richer and takes away deductions from the poorer among us.

Question to you!
How many years ago? 10... 20 .... 30?? Is the son now eligible for Medicare? If so there are no "pre-existing conditions".
Or is the son employed with a company that has group health insurance because in most cases there are NO "pre-existing conditions".
Or did the son NOT have any insurance before he donated the kidney? The smart aspect would have been to purchase health insurance BEFORE donating!
But of course that doesn't fit the personalized, anecdotal aspect of your story which is the major problem any more in this country.
We take ONE situation. One story and make it apply to ALL!

Answer those three questions and I bet you'll find that the son is now eligible for Medicare, or had group health insurance or maybe bought insurance!

55.7 million! WOW...

I'm going to shout now:

View attachment 221886
Anecdote: Years ago I recall hearing of a son advised to NOT donate a matching kidney to his desperately ill father because it would create in the son a 'pre-existing condition' that would penalize him the rest of his life. I believe he went ahead anyway. I wonder how he feels now, having the pre-existing part erased, then restored by an admin that taxes in a way the makes the rich richer and takes away deductions from the poorer among us.

Question to you!
How many years ago? 10... 20 .... 30?? Is the son now eligible for Medicare? If so there are no "pre-existing conditions".
Or is the son employed with a company that has group health insurance because in most cases there are NO "pre-existing conditions".
Or did the son NOT have any insurance before he donated the kidney? The smart aspect would have been to purchase health insurance BEFORE donating!
But of course that doesn't fit the personalized, anecdotal aspect of your story which is the major problem any more in this country.

Answer those three questions and I bet you'll find that the son is now eligible for Medicare, or had group health insurance or maybe bought insurance!
Healthmyths, I related the anecdote as I read it about 20, maybe 30, years ago. You took it and started making assumptions about how the possible donor/son could get around becoming pre-existing. Neither of us knows. But I know it was once a criteria for purchasing health insurance. And I know certain claims were denied or payment dleayed and that some lives were lost because of it. And I fear our nation is being led by folks like you back to those days.

55.7 million! WOW...

I'm going to shout now:

View attachment 221886

Question to you!

Healthmyths, I related the anecdote as I read it about 20, maybe 30, years ago. You took it and started making assumptions about how the possible donor/son could get around becoming pre-existing. Neither of us knows. But I know it was once a criteria for purchasing health insurance. And I know certain claims were denied or payment dleayed and that some lives were lost because of it. And I fear our nation is being led by folks like you back to those days.

And again you are falling for the same stupid idiocy of taking one off, anecdotal, exceptions and making it the rule!
You can't do that and this meme "pre-existing conditions" is just the case.
How many people TRULY are NOT covered due to "pre-existing conditions"?
But see you and millions have fallen for that FAKE news statement "over half of all Americans have a pre-existing condition"!
TRUE... But NOT over half of All Americans don't have insurance coverage due to to it!
That is my major argument that people like you, Obama, the MSM take the EXCEPTIONS and make it sound like the rule!
Insurance companies rejected less than
And Obamacare tried to solve it but they found out that:
Only 115,000 were members of the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP),a high-risk insurance program established as a bridge between pre-Obamacare coverage and the establishment of its exchanges.
Pre-Existing Condition Tweaks Likely Affect 0.5 Percent Of Americans

A total of LESS THEN 1.5 million Americans who were denied health insurance or paid higher premiums due to pre-existing conditions.
Obama's Pre-existing Conditions Whopper

By the biased MSM including GOOGLE won't tell you these FACTS...
Look at this really biased search results from Google!
But again people like you and the truly ignorant people about insurance just don't understand. Why must I pay higher car insurance because I'm 76?
Why must I pay higher car insurance because of the zip code I live in? These are ALL pre-existing conditions" for my car insurance! What's my choice?
LOOK for insurance that will either charge me less or cover less situations.... SAME with health insurance or home insurance!
WHY are people so excited about "pre-existing conditions" in health insurance? Did you ever understand why health care premiums under Obamacare
were so high?
The data allow us to break down the pre- and post-ACA changes by age, individual vs. family, and plan type. Overall, Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) premiums actually decreased 4.6% in the four years before the ACA reforms came into effect (that is, from 2009 to 2013),
but increased 46.4% in the first four years under the ACA. Point-of-Service (POS) premiums decreased 14.9% before the ACA, and increased a whopping 66.2% afterwards. Premiums for the more common Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans increased 15% in the four years before the ACA, and 66.2% afterwards.
Yes, It Was The 'Affordable' Care Act That Increased Premiums

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 10.14.13 AM.png

55.7 million! WOW...

I'm going to shout now:

View attachment 221886

Question to you!

And again you are falling for the same stupid idiocy of taking one off, anecdotal, exceptions and making it the rule!
But see you and millions have fallen for that FAKE news statement "over half of all Americans have a pre-existing condition"!
TRUE... But NOT over half of All Americans don't have insurance coverage due to to it!
That is my major argument that people like you, Obama, the MSM take the EXCEPTIONS and make it sound like the rule!
Only 115,000 were members of the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP),a high-risk insurance program established as a bridge between pre-Obamacare coverage and the establishment of its exchanges.

A total of LESS THEN 1.5 million Americans who were denied health insurance or paid higher premiums due to pre-existing conditions.

But again people like you and the truly ignorant people about insurance just don't understand. Why must I pay higher car insurance because I'm 76?
Why must I pay higher car insurance because of the zip code I live in? These are ALL pre-existing conditions" for my car insurance! What's my choice?
LOOK for insurance that will either charge me less or cover less situations.... SAME with health insurance or home insurance!
WHY are people so excited about "pre-existing conditions" in health insurance? Did you ever understand why health care premiums under Obamacare
were so high?
The data allow us to break down the pre- and post-ACA changes by age, individual vs. family, and plan type. Overall, Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) premiums actually decreased 4.6% in the four years before the ACA reforms came into effect (that is, from 2009 to 2013),
but increased 46.4% in the first four years under the ACA. Point-of-Service (POS) premiums decreased 14.9% before the ACA, and increased a whopping 66.2% afterwards. Premiums for the more common Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans increased 15% in the four years before the ACA, and 66.2% afterwards.

View attachment 227126
Healthmyths, you win! I give up! Your faith in those you choose to believe in to bring your premiums down and not charge punishing premiums because of your aging is on you.

"Did you ever understand why health care premiums under Obamacare were so high?"

Yes! Because it negated the previous junk policies that covered little and made a range of better coverage the law. You get what you pay for. And I personally know of a man (husband of a co-worker) who was kicked off HMO and could not find another insurer or qualify for Medicaid...and he died of a diseased heart. I also know personally of another man, an accident victim whose aorta was pulled from his heart and temporarily repaired but he needed a heart transplant. He was a widower with a 14 yr old daughter. His HMO would not allow him to even be placed on a transplant list because it was (1982) considered 'experimental' surgery...but mostly, it cost a lot. He died. How many besides him got the same snub do you suppose? So if we go back...don't get sick or injured. Easy, huh?

However, I hope you get what you ask for. Good luck!

55.7 million! WOW...

I'm going to shout now:

View attachment 221886

Question to you!

were so high?

View attachment 227126
Healthmyths, you win! I give up! Your faith in those you choose to believe in to bring your premiums down and not charge punishing premiums because of your aging is on you.

"Did you ever understand why health care premiums under Obamacare were so high?"

Yes! Because it negated the previous junk policies that covered little and made a range of better coverage the law. You get what you pay for. And I personally know of a man (husband of a co-worker) who was kicked off HMO and could not find another insurer or qualify for Medicaid...and he died of a diseased heart. I also know personally of another man, an accident victim whose aorta was pulled from his heart and temporarily repaired but he needed a heart transplant. He was a widower with a 14 yr old daughter. His HMO would not allow him to even be placed on a transplant list because it was (1982) considered 'experimental' surgery...but mostly, it cost a lot. He died. How many besides him got the same snub do you suppose? So if we go back...don't get sick or injured. Easy, huh?

However, I hope you get what you ask for. Good luck!

YES HOW Many???
See you once again take a personal, subjective illustration of which WE all can come up with BUT the stupidity is making it sound like it happens all the time to everyone! Which I'm sure you are smart enough to realize is what we call exaggeration!
Yes these personal stories are sad. Subjective though.

Where are you when your car insurance goes up because of the zip code you live in? Why don't you move to a safer zip code? What you can't afford to?
The whole point of "pre-existing conditions" is that if you ask a company to collect money from you so that if there are claims in the future don't you think
they have a right to determine if the risk is worth it?
Maybe a simpler illustration is this: You live in an area where tornadoes are rare. Yet one day you hear on news tornadoes are forming.
Do you call your home insurance company and say you need that protection? What do you think they would say?
Or would you call your insurance company if your house is on fire asking for more protection?
Of course not. The same holds true for "pre-existing conditions".
Now if you really want to help these few people that aren't covered by Medicare, group health insurance etc., why don't you read the attached and
recognize the real culprits here could be taxed 10% and that money would provide those less then 2 million that have pre-existing conditions that
can't get coverage!
But you won't because I don't think you read closely enough. You are jumping on the MSM bandwagon without understanding reality!
Here is a major group of "WEALTHY" people that SHOULD be taxed and in doing so your health insurance costs would DROP dramatically!
DefensiveMedicine110618.png

Forum List

Back