Why Obama should be pissing in his pants about Senate Candidate #5

This has nothing to do with character assasinations or right wing propoganda. This is ABC News reporting this - and ABC was just bashed for being too far to the left. Plus I'm not really sure what bias has to do with this. Investigators told ABC News that Jackson is Senate Candidate #5. This is Brian Ross reporting this... he's got decades worth of experience and is a very accurate reporter. ABC News, I'm sure, knows the implications of this report and I'm SURE they checked and re-checked their sources. This isn't FoxNews.

If it is true that JJ Jr. was Senate Candidate #5, Obama has a HUGE problem.

I don't know about that. Even if Jackson was the one who offered money for the seat (which wouldn't surprise me) you'd still have to demonstrate that Obama knew something about it or was otherwise involved in it.

Obama doesnt have a problem...it doesn't matter what he does the obama supporter will always support him

It's like a cult

This has nothing to do with character assasinations or right wing propoganda. This is ABC News reporting this - and ABC was just bashed for being too far to the left. Plus I'm not really sure what bias has to do with this. Investigators told ABC News that Jackson is Senate Candidate #5. This is Brian Ross reporting this... he's got decades worth of experience and is a very accurate reporter. ABC News, I'm sure, knows the implications of this report and I'm SURE they checked and re-checked their sources. This isn't FoxNews.

If it is true that JJ Jr. was Senate Candidate #5, Obama has a HUGE problem.
Well, are you going to tell us why this would be a problem for Obama?

I don't know about that. Even if Jackson was the one who offered money for the seat (which wouldn't surprise me) you'd still have to demonstrate that Obama knew something about it or was otherwise involved in it.

Where do you think Jesse was getting the $1 million from? :eek:

KIDDING!

In all seriousness, this is guilt by association. We can excuse Ayres - just a guy he served on a board with. We can even possibly excuse Wright - the man is full of hatred for White people and America yet was Obama's pastor for 20 years, baptized his children and married Michlle and Barack, but we don't know how many times Wright made those hateful speeches and it is quite possible Obama never heard any of them. We don't know anything about Rezko, and anything we do here is heresay and rumors. Rashid Khalidi isn't a bad guy and he does not promote violence among Palestinians. I've read excerpts of his books and they're interesting... food for thought. I disagree with his views, but he is entitled to him. The video tape hasn't been released by the LA Times and most likely won't ever be. So it's an afterthought. We have all of these neocons trying to peg all of these horrible people on Obama and it isn't working.

Now we have the governer of Illinois who is actually pissed at Obama because they won't play ball and won't get in on the deal. OK.

But Jesse Jackson Jr. had an official role in Obama's campaign. While he wasn't Axelrod or Plouffe, he still worked EXCEEDINGLY close with Obama. He was not only a spokesperson/representative for the Obama campaign, he was also a national co-chair and even possibly an advisor to the Obama campaign. These guilt by associations are getting closer and closer and closer.

I voted for Obama because I believed he would bring real change. He hasn't been sworn in yet and a member who he worked very closely with in his campaign is under investigation for trying to BUY the Senate Seat the governer of illinois was trying to SELL. That is not only immoral, unethical, wrong on so many levels it is ILLEGAL.

Where do you think Jesse was getting the $1 million from? :eek:

KIDDING!

In all seriousness, this is guilt by association. We can excuse Ayres - just a guy he served on a board with. We can even possibly excuse Wright - the man is full of hatred for White people and America yet was Obama's pastor for 20 years, baptized his children and married Michlle and Barack, but we don't know how many times Wright made those hateful speeches and it is quite possible Obama never heard any of them. We don't know anything about Rezko, and anything we do here is heresay and rumors. Rashid Khalidi isn't a bad guy and he does not promote violence among Palestinians. I've read excerpts of his books and they're interesting... food for thought. I disagree with his views, but he is entitled to him. The video tape hasn't been released by the LA Times and most likely won't ever be. So it's an afterthought. We have all of these neocons trying to peg all of these horrible people on Obama and it isn't working.

Now we have the governer of Illinois who is actually pissed at Obama because they won't play ball and won't get in on the deal. OK.

But Jesse Jackson Jr. had an official role in Obama's campaign. While he wasn't Axelrod or Plouffe, he still worked EXCEEDINGLY close with Obama. He was not only a spokesperson/representative for the Obama campaign, he was also a national co-chair and even possibly an advisor to the Obama campaign. These guilt by associations are getting closer and closer and closer.

I voted for Obama because I believed he would bring real change. He hasn't been sworn in yet and a member who he worked very closely with in his campaign is under investigation for trying to BUY the Senate Seat the governer of illinois was trying to SELL. That is not only immoral, unethical, wrong on so many levels it is ILLEGAL.
So you believe that Obama is part of the overall scam to buy a senate seat for Jackson, Jr. and benefit the bank account of Blago (assuming Blago is telling the truth about candidate #5)?

So you believe that Obama is part of the overall scam to buy a senate seat for Jackson, Jr. and benefit the bank account of Blago (assuming Blago is telling the truth about candidate #5)?

I don't have enough information on this to say yes or no. However, the saying of "A man is known by the company he keeps" keeps popping up in my mind. Obama captured the hope of soooo many people and if he did something unethical, wrong, immoral or illegal he is going to ruin people's interest in politics for decades much like Nixon did. It has taken us 30 years to recover from the shit Nixon put this country through - and to think that we've got someone else who's dirty scares the shit out of me.

I certainly hope Obama doesn't have any skeletons in his closet relating to this.

I don't have enough information on this to say yes or no. However, the saying of "A man is known by the company he keeps" keeps popping up in my mind. Obama captured the hope of soooo many people and if he did something unethical, wrong, immoral or illegal he is going to ruin people's interest in politics for decades much like Nixon did. It has taken us 30 years to recover from the shit Nixon put this country through - and to think that we've got someone else who's dirty scares the shit out of me.

I certainly hope Obama doesn't have any skeletons in his closet relating to this.
Oh, you're just feeding the rumor mill. Nice.

I wouldn't worry about that. Nixon had an entire journalist industry working diligently to take him down. Obama, on the other hand, has the same industry working tirelessly to prop him up. :eusa_whistle:

come on people,, this is where Obama came from,, Chicago politics! Hello!

Bingo. I think that's the key point we can take from all of this. I don't think Obama was involved in the selling of his Senate seat. But this is the same type of dirty politics Obama's been playing his entire political career. It's sad that no one realized it sooner.

Lets start by looking at facts most to all politicians are full of shit!! They lie, steal and cheat to get where they are and to get what they want.
Obama has very little experience and has moved up the ranks rapidly.
Obama just pissed away a record 700+million (lets not forget his expensive wardrobe) that came from where?
He is associated with all involved some more than others and is from Ill.

Not saying hes part of it, but its hard to even try to think he didn't know anything!!!
Guess what we will never know either ...

No one should be accusing Obama AND no one should be prcolaiming him completely innocent. This needs to be investigated. If Obama is squeaky clean... fabulous. If Obama is simply the fruit of a corrupt system in Chicago, he should not take the oath of office.

If Obama is simply the fruit of a corrupt system in Chicago, he should not take the oath of office.

Riiiight...

So you're saying if they find evidence to prove that Obama was involved in the selling of his Senate seat, you will be in favor of his NOT being President?

I'll believe it when I see it.

From what I understand Valerie Jarrett (aka Candidate #1) was Obama's choice for filling his senate seat. So, I don't think Jackson plays one way or the other vis-a-vis Obama.

I don't think that Obama was involved in pay for play with Blago. However, I think it would be naive to think that Obama had no idea what was going on. Obama helped mastermind Blago's rise to power in 2002. He was one of 3 people involved in designing campaign strategy in that election. One of the chief informants in the Blago case is Tony Rezko. Who's he? Obama's next door neighbor, who helped him buy his house.

To think that influencing peddling is happening between Rezko and Blago, but that it never touched Obama is an absurd leap of faith that only an Obama-bot would buy.

The grand jury handed down subpoenas in the Rezko/Obama land deal case yesterday, so the truth of that matter will come out. Obama is up to his neck in dirty, corrupt Chicago politics. So far the proof has not come out that he was in anyway involved with corruption. But, he know everyone, very closely, that was. He isn't guilty, until he is PROVEN guilty, but there is more than enough reason to start asking the question: "What did he know, and when did he know it?"

Last edited:
No one should be accusing Obama AND no one should be prcolaiming him completely innocent. This needs to be investigated. If Obama is squeaky clean... fabulous. If Obama is simply the fruit of a corrupt system in Chicago, he should not take the oath of office.

With that comment I don't think he should take the oath unless proven to be 100% innocent.

Report: Jesse Jackson Jr. Allegedly Named by Blagojevich as Willing to Pay for Senate Seat
Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., the son of the civil rights icon, is reportedly the 'Senate Candidate 5' identified in an FBI complaint against Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who has been accused of trying to sell the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by President-elect Barack Obama.

Report: Jesse Jackson Jr. Allegedly Named by Blagojevich as Willing to Pay for Senate Seat - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker

Breaking News >> Attorney for Jesse Jackson Jr. Confirms He's 'Senate Candidate 5' in Illinois Governor Case

Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

What world have you been living in? We already know that Obama is "simply the fruit of a corrupt system in Chicago." Unless you want to claim that Obama's fast rise in Chicago politics was squeaky clean? :cuckoo:

With that said, just like Obama 'suspended' pork request during his campaign, I don't think he would be stupid enough to be engaging in such shenanigans while running for a high profile position such as the presidency.

Forum List

Back