Why not take out Yongbyon with this technology? It's effective and deniable

polarbear

I eat morons
Jan 1, 2011
Canada
Scientists to nudge asteroid off course to protect the Earth
End of the world plan: scientists to nudge asteroid off course as practice for protecting the Earth
US and European officials will work together to send up two spacecraft, one of which will smack into the rock
Nasa will send one craft in a mission known as Double Asteroid Redirection Test (Dart) mission. It will fire a probe to smack into the rock and see if it can throw it off course.
There are plenty of asteroids available:
SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids
Near Earth Asteroids
spacer.gif

Potentially Hazardous Asteroids (PHAs) are space rocks larger than approximately 100m that can come closer to Earth than 0.05 AU. None of the known PHAs is on a collision course with our planet, although astronomers are finding new ones all the time.
spacer.gif
On July 10, 2017 there were 1803 potentially hazardous asteroids.
Why not nudge one so it impacts at the Yongbyon Nuclear Scientific Research Center?
And poof it's gone by an act of God or as a result of a natural event, whichever suits your religious beliefs

I didn't see the part in the link that says "scientists to nudge asteroid". It seems to me that the gigantic sunspot (as big as the planet Jupiter and growing?) is a bigger threat to Earth than the bogus theory of man-made global warming.

Forum List

Back