Why not just vote Trump out of office (the old-fashioned way)?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Is there any justifiable reason to impeach President Trump less than one year before the next election, especially with zero chance that the Senate would vote to convict? Why not let the voters decide whether to remove him from office?

The answer seems to me that the entire impeachment idea is nothing more than partisan political theater designed to help raise campaign contributions from loony left donors.

If I am wrong, please explain why an impeachment inquiry should begin at this time and why it will not set a terrible precedent for the future.

Because they know they cant. They have to keep their candidates away from the public as much as possible. The more people actually know about them the less likely anyone would vote for them.

Because they know they cant. They have to keep their candidates away from the public as much as possible. The more people actually know about them the less likely anyone would vote for them.

Biden just implored the other Dem nominees NOT to criticize each other!
What a farce.

Democrats know they have no candidates that can beat Trump. They need to impeach him to have any chance at the Presidency. The polls that are around predicting Warren, Biden, Buta whatever, Sanders and Harris all beating Trump head to head are ridiculous.

Is there any justifiable reason to impeach President Trump less than one year before the next election, especially with zero chance that the Senate would vote to convict? Why not let the voters decide whether to remove him from office?

The answer seems to me that the entire impeachment idea is nothing more than partisan political theater designed to help raise campaign contributions from loony left donors.

If I am wrong, please explain why an impeachment inquiry should begin at this time and why it will not set a terrible precedent for the future.

Wouldn't you be saying same thing if Trump walked out in broad day light and shot someone??

“He was just self-defending! Why not let the voters decide next election!”

And in both cases my response would be - he abused his office and deserves no less than to be IMPEACHED AND REMOVED for his malfeasance to send a clear signal to all future Presidents to not even think about fucking around like this.

And if Republicans refuse to convict this swamper than Democrats will hold their nose to it in the next election.

Last edited:
This impeachment mess is their only hope to try to tap down the reports that will be forthcoming...

Wouldn't you be saying same thing if Trump walked out in broad day light and shot someone??

And in both cases my response would be - he abused his office and deserves no less than to be IMPEACHED AND REMOVED for his malfeasance to send a clear signal to all future Presidents to not even think about fucking around like this.

Idiotic response

He won't be removed from office but an impeachment investigation with witnesses under oath may be able to bring out the facts. THEN the voters can decide based on facts and not allegations.

Idiotic response

someone give this guy a medal for the smartest post of the year :rolleyes:

The left doesn't respect your choice nor the democratic process. Therefore, by hook or crook, they attempt to deny you of your chosen representative(s). Leftists believe that they alone should determine society's representatives and laws, as well as what ideas can be expressed.

And if Republicans refuse to convict this swamper than Democrats will hold their nose to it in the next election.
Trump hasn't shot anyone.

He won't be removed from office but an impeachment investigation with witnesses under oath may be able to bring out the facts. THEN the voters can decide based on facts and not allegations.
So let's impeach all presidents before reelection going forward, because there most certainly will be facts to be brought out by the impeachment process.

So let's impeach all presidents before reelection going forward, because there most certainly will be facts to be brought out by the impeachment process.
Isn't that what the GOP did to Hillary between Benghazi and the emails?

I have a great idea.

Impeach Trump next year. Let Pence finish out the last year.

Trump runs again in 2020 and then is President for eight years after that.

Win win.

I have a great idea.

Impeach Trump next year. Let Pence finish out the last year.

Trump runs again in 2020 and then is President for eight years after that.

Win win.
That might had worked had Trump been removed at the two year mark. The current max number of years a person can be president is 10 years or 2 and 1/2 terms.

Because tramp abuses his power and obstructs, and we can't let that go on, then every Potus after him will think its ok to abuse power.

Because tramp abuses his power and obstructs, and we can't let that go on, then every Potus after him will think its ok to abuse power.
Holder held in contempt

Trump learned from the best.

Yep, because all presidents Obstruct Justice and try to arm-twist countries with American foreign policy into opening investigations on their political opponents. :rolleyes:

Yep, because all presidents Obstruct Justice and try to arm-twist countries with American foreign policy into opening investigations on their political opponents. :rolleyes:
No no, Trump was just trying to eliminate corruption. It just so happens that the only corruption on the entire planet was in the form of his main political opponent. What are the odds? Any resemblance to a banana republic is purely coincidental.

'Why not just vote Trump out of office (the old-fashioned way)?'

Dems / snowflakes know they don't have a ... well.... a snowflake's chance in hell ... of doing so.

:p

Forum List

Back