Why No Exit Dates

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    The whole topic is stupid, yet the left keeps at it. Links at site, but I'll tell ya, anyone with a lick of common sense, gets the point.

http://vodkapundit.com/archives/007899.php

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    I don't even understand why we NEED an exit yet. The war is going stupendously. The WOT has been going on longer than American involvement in WWII and less than 2000 have been killed, which is less than one battle 60 years ago.

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Since when has the left not beat the dead horse into nonexistence? I'll bet if you look, you'll find a recent post by a lib claiming Bush stole the 2000 election.

There's just no original thought going on there.

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I don't think we do either but the left needs talking points so now we have "exit strategies", Gitmo, and how terrible religion is. Just rhetoric until some new bs happens.

5. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    We didn't have an exit strategy or timetable for Europe...in fact, aren't we still there?

The left holds up the WWII generation as the greatest generation, but never follows their example. Hey, that sounds like a new thread. Go over to the general forum in a few minutes and I should have it up.

6. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Let's use logical progression to see if we can figure out why we would not give a set date for leaving...

If I were an insurgent planning attacks against the US and the Iraqi government and they said that the US will leave in 6 months from now I would plan my attacks for after they leave or for a large amount just before they left.

If I waited until after they leave I have a larger chance of shutting down the new government and installing an oppressive religious government, if I wait until just before they leave the US will have to stay and it will make them look like liars, either way I have a victory.

7. zigomanis18

zigomanis18 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Again, this is easy for you to say. tell this to the troops that are on their third deployment like myself. It is always easy to say things when you are not actually doing it

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Again, do you think we should just pull out? Give them a date to hold out for? What?

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    You suck it up and finish the job, regardless how long it takes. If you can't, just convince the Commandant to let us "old folks" put our utilities back on and we'll show you how it's done.

10. zigomanis18

zigomanis18 Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Thak you for your arrogance gentlemen, but there is NO need for it. I will be there in October for the third time, I have done 21 years and counting of honorable service, and so therefore I CAN talk. I simply cannot stand those who say " you joined so suck it up" Tell that to brave vietnam soldiers who are shell shocked for NOTHING! Tell this to Mr. Bush who never went anywhere. It is easy for those staying at home to wave the flag and talk sh-t, because most who do have never gonme to war. Now Gunny, I'm sure you probably have, so I give you an alibi, but many others on this post have not and therefore should not be telling ME what I SHOULD DO!

I have seen many reserve soldiers I serve with lives destroyed because of extended deployments and lies told to them by their military superiors. I have seen the full tilt panic the administration is putting of recrutiers to the point where recruiting is becoming a flat out evil venture. We all have heard about the recent recruiting scandal. Well, I can tell you that many of us really don't blame the recrutiers because they are burdened with so much pressure and degridation from their superiors that they will do anything to get numbers and keep the heat off their back. IT didn't have to be this way had the planning for this war had been better. But, I have already gone into that in another post. All I can say is shame on Mr. Rumsfeld for ignoring General Shinseski's advice prior to the invasion of Iraq. Now, because of faulty planning, of which many top military brass will admit to if not on the record but off it, the full brunt ( as always ) and the full payment is once again taken by the troops. And, because the american troops are the BEST in the world, we will take it I assure you that much. But forgive me for speaking out because I see alot of corruption on the "other side" and I speak out ONLY because I love my troops and feel they are often the "giunea pig" for washington's screw-ups.

The last thing I want to hear is some country music buffon belting out schmoozy lame patriotic songs when they haven't and never will go anywhere!

21 years and counting!