Why "Moderates" can kiss my ass

Rather than addressing these annoying fuckers one at a time, let me make a blanket statement: If you're a political "Moderate" in 2011, you're either lying or a fucking moron.

The Government has control over every aspect of your life including your health, Social Security is totally broke, Congress shameless racks up annual trillion deficits like it was nothing and even thought they got it for the wrong reasons, S&P Downgraded our credit.

If you can face that and say "Gee, I dunno if that's bad" you're either a Jake Starkey lying liberal or a moron.

There is no third option

I don't claim to be a moderate, but I love it how conservatives like you are embracing a mantra that everyone who is not firmly in your corner is to be shunned.

See how that one works out for you.

Dante sings the exact same mantra from the left. I hope you 'love' that too.

One word replies are not acceptable on a discussion board. Care to elaborate? Or was that you just slamming the door under the guise of having the last word?
Explain yourself. If you dare.

I'm using metaphor to compare the words you post to the feces that comes out of a horse's ass.
No one asked for a definition of horse shit.
People like you cannot compete in the arena of ideas so you offer up annoyances such as your colorful metaphor.
If you have some sort of disagreement on what I post, then get into the debate and make your rebuttal. Only don't come around here and spew childish one liners.
Take a stand or be silent.

Toro already explained as well as anybody can, but all you came back with was a bigger pile of horseshit. Fucktards like you, on both the right and the left, are exactly what is wrong with contemporary politics. You cultivate a polarizing 'Us versus Them' paradigm that is easily exploited to divide and control the alleged 'will' of the people. I'm an American first. You are a republican first. IMO, that makes you a contemptible shitstain of the highest order.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

when i see assholes like you on the Right and Dean on the left i know why i cant stand both parties..........

Yeah, right. Like we're supposed to believe you aren't on the left.

Dean sure as hell doesnt think so fuckhead.....and i have plenty of post here bad mouthing both sides.....you, like Dean, would never think of saying something against your Buddies......and that is being a Pussy.....come on Bri.....let me see you say it.....The Republicans are just as fucked as the Democrats.....dont worry they wont hurt you....

Bri??......lets see you say it.....or are you afraid your pals on the right here will shun you?.....

yall do realize this is the fringe.....we are the extremes ....we do not speak for the average man on the street? we are not the normal voters....

you do realize that you have extremes on both sides...left and right.....makes up about 20% then you have the moderates...who make up about 80 % hate them if you want....but they will decide the election...get a grip and get over yourselves....

Actually, those one the fringe are the unbalanced ones.

The fringe is an interesting concept. What is the fringe?

Is it someone who looks at government running a $1.5 trillion deficit in a $3.5 trillion budget and yet they scream bloody murder when a budget deal to raise the debt limit that cuts $35 billion (1% of the budget) is going to destroy the economy, leave the poor and elderly starving in the street and proves what lunatics the tea party are?

Is the fringe someone who thinks government needs to spend more on a war on drugs which endlessly violates our privacy, funds organized crime, destabilizes governments across the world, causes shootouts in the streets and yet doesn't work?

Is the fringe someone who thinks the US should have our military across the globe fighting everyone else's wars for them making everyone else's enemies our own securing oil supplies keeping them artificially low increasing our dependency on them and increasing our need to get more?

Or is the fringe someone who thinks we should have a government to provide us with basic services such as defense, courts and roads and then let us be free to live our own lives?

I realize in this country the "fringe" in this country is the last choice in the list which makes me clearly the fringe. What I don't understand is why.

Rather than addressing these annoying fuckers one at a time, let me make a blanket statement: If you're a political "Moderate" in 2011, you're either lying or a fucking moron.

The Government has control over every aspect of your life including your health, Social Security is totally broke, Congress shamelessly racks up annual trillion deficits like it was nothing and even though they did it for the wrong reasons, S&P Downgraded our credit.

If you can face that and say "Gee, I dunno if that's bad" you're either a Jake Starkey lying liberal or a moron.

There is no third option
Yep. Time to dig that fencepost out of your ass from fencesitting and choose.

Principles provide the framework within which analysis occurs. "Moderates" have neither principles nor analysis, they are like people in a cafeteria line, whimsically deciding on this, and a little of that, no wait better take this instead, hmmm that looks good.....

Principle doesn't imply being "dogmatic", it means your positions are mutually coherent and based on something more fundamental than capricious whim.

That's arrogant!!! People's reasoned decisions aren't "capricious whim". That's the kind of thinking that's really dangerous to democracy, the idea that anyone that doesn't think like you is less deserving or evil. Once again, I refer you back to the history of the 20th Century.
You didn't read what was posted. Here it is again. Moderates have no core principles, they waver on every issue. They choose sides based on what they believe to be popular.
IN other words, moderates do not make reasoned decisions nor do they have core beliefs. They go with the flow of what's popular. That's dangerous in that moderates are at best unreliable.
Not "People's" decisions...Just moderates.

That's just your take. Maybe their "core principles" are just different from yours? What's so great about yours that they can't possinbly be open to compromise? I wouldn't give you or anyone else that much power. It's an idiotic stance and since the history of the 20th Century doesn't seem to impress, let me tell you that that attitude led DIRECTLY to the Civil War. How'd THAT work out for your side?!?!

There is no such thing as a "moderate". That term was invented by liberals who are fearful of the term "Liberal".
One must ask themselves this" When was the last time you heard or saw a self proclaimed moderate ever espouse ANY conservative principle. Now ask yourself how many times you heard a moderate quickly jump to the defense of a liberal or progressive politician or agenda.

I'd have to disagree with you. Basically, I consider myself moderate. When it comes to most issues I tend to side with the conservative point of view, but quite frankly, I have found myself pushed leftwards by the hatred that at one time I would have thought reserved only for liberals.

Liberals always seemed to be the most intolerant people on earth... but then I started reading posts of people with whom I generally agreed and I found that it was not only the liberals that were intolerant.

Now, I tend to find myself wondering WTF happened to the other conservatives? Most of them sound like liberals these days when it comes to conversing with others.

When it comes to my vote, I tend to want to vote Republican because basically, I agree with what they say. On the other hand based on the examples of what Republicans say and do, I cannot in good conscience vote for a Republican any more than I can vote for a Democrat because I can no longer trust the words that come out of Republican mouths.

Immie
If true then as a self proclaimed moderate you are a rare commodity.
Question: because people of the same ilk tend to gravitate to one another and you claiming moderate status, I find it safe to assume you associate with other moderates. Are there any others in your circle who also claim to be moderate AND tend to side with conservatives on certain issues?
I would like to know to what hatred you refer.

Actually, on this board, I find myself associating with people on both sides of the spectrum and I find myself able to communicate with both sides in a very amiable way. I tend to notice that the closer to the extremes that a person appears to be the... well, lets just say the less tolerable I find them to be.

I also find that the people that I tend to find to be the most "middle of the road" are a little more hard to pin point as to whether they are "left" or "right". Me for instance, although I am 100% opposed to abortion, I do not believe overturning Roe will solve the problem. I would rather... um, what is that dreaded word... oh, yeah, compromise and reduce the number of abortion than insist on overturning Roe, criminalizing the procedure and putting women and doctors in prison. Welfare is another example. I believe it should be a hand up not a hand out. I don't want it eliminated. I want it improved because I don't want people to starve.

That makes it hard to pinpoint people like me because I don't see evil on one side or the other as much as I do to the extremes. A person who is pro-choice because they believe the government should stay out of the decision making but still wants to see the number of abortions decline is not the enemy.

There are a lot of people that I consider to be middle of the roaders. All of them seem to have opinions on certain issues but determining whether or not they are "right wing" or "left wing" is touchy at best and open to interpretation of all of us here.

Immie

Last edited:

The Government has control over every aspect of your life including your health, Social Security is totally broke, Congress shameless racks up annual trillion deficits like it was nothing and even thought they got it for the wrong reasons, S&P Downgraded our credit.

There is no third option

I don't claim to be a moderate, but I love it how conservatives like you are embracing a mantra that everyone who is not firmly in your corner is to be shunned.

I don't. If that's what Dante says, it's equally retarded. I just haven't seen a thread castigating moderates from Dante.

As it stands, insisting that everyone has to pick one side or the other is lame. It's not what our country was founded on.

The Government has control over every aspect of your life including your health, Social Security is totally broke, Congress shamelessly racks up annual trillion deficits like it was nothing and even though they did it for the wrong reasons, S&P Downgraded our credit.

There is no third option

Pffft... According to who? Partisans?

As if you can beat someone over the head and neck and make them pick sides.

Have you ever considered that people that maybe it's the partisans who are the problem?

From a previous thread, posted here because it's relevant to the discussion.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/153273-what-it-means-to-be-a-moderate.html

I consider myself to be a moderate because I recognize one simple truth when it comes to pure left wing vs pure right wing political and economic philosophy: They both lead to disaster, period.

When it comes to political and economic policy I like use the analogy that running the country is like driving a car down the road. There are often curves in the road ahead that require the driver to steer more left or steer more right depending upon the circumstances. If the driver only ever steers to the right, he will eventually go off the road into a ditch. If the driver only ever steers left, he too will eventually go off the road into a ditch. And just as important if not moreso, if the driver fails to see an oncoming curve and doesn't steer appropriately, he will go off the road into a ditch.

Being a moderate means that you cannot fall in love with either left-wing nor right-wing ideology but rather recognize the strengths and weakness of each and maintain an open, objective mind when it comes to determining which direction we ought to be turning the steering wheel.

I get the sad impression from our current crop of leaders that everyone is trying to grab the wheel but nobody is looking at the road.

Sincerely,
manifold

I don't. If that's what Dante says, it's equally retarded. I just haven't seen a thread castigating moderates from Dante.

As it stands, insisting that everyone has to pick one side or the other is lame. It's not what our country was founded on.

I don't know if he's started any threads on the topic, but he has castigated me directly for it multiple times.

I don't know if he's started any threads on the topic, but he has castigated me directly for it multiple times.

Well then, there you go.

Need a tissue?

Well then, there you go.

Need a tissue?

:lol:

Ok, so you only dislike it from the right. Color me surprised. :thup:

There is no third option

Pffft... According to who? Partisans?

As if you can beat someone over the head and neck and make them pick sides.

Have you ever considered that people that maybe it's the partisans who are the problem?
What is partisan of choosing sides as to your Republic lives or dies at the hands of partisans?

And whom said anything of beating people over the head? There is a time for choosing...and it is long past due. So *I* stick to my original comment.

Get the fence post outta yer ass and choose to live or die.

Got it ACE?

Well then, there you go.

Need a tissue?

:lol:

Ok, so you only dislike it from the right. Color me surprised. :thup:

No, that's the exact opposite of what I said. I just found it funny that you expected me to weigh in on that. Not quite as eye catching as a thread entitled: "Why 'Modorates' can kiss my ass".

Excuse me for not noticing you and dante's personal exchanges on this issue. In truth, I didn't even know you considered yourself a moderate.

What is partisan of choosing sides as to your Republic lives or dies at the hands of partisans?

And whom said anything of beating people over the head? There is a time for choosing...and it is long past due. So *I* stick to my original comment.

Get the fence post outta yer ass and choose to live or die.

Got it ACE?

LMFAO. You can say whatever you want slick, what you and Francis can't seem to get through your thick nuggets is that no one gives a fuck about your internet decrees and idiotic hyperbole. If you think you are going to shout people into your corner, you are even more stupid then I thought (and that is saying a lot).

"Got it ACE?"

Is Tommy Toughnuts, internet badass at large, going to make an appearance?

It's a toss-up sometimes which is worse: ignorant, gullible liberals slavishly worshipping their leaders, or conceited, preening independents slavishly worshipping their own cleverness, evidenced by nothing more than their blind refusal to ever take a side or a stand on anything.
:rolleyes:

Actually, those one the fringe are the unbalanced ones.

:lol::lol::lol: That's hysterical..... this from the poster who wishes death, terminal illness and life long suffering on other posters just because he disagrees with them. That, my little GayBikerBoy, is pretty much the SOP of the mentally unbalanced.

:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back