Why "Moderates" can kiss my ass

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."
Thomas Jefferson

I just wanted to comment on the sigline of the person I got it off of.

I'd much rather have it that way, that 90% of the people being subject to the 10% that make the rules.... I Guess if the quote you described is "democracy" then what I describe is a "Republic" or.... the richest folk win.... which is an oligarchy.

when i see assholes like you on the Right and Dean on the left i know why i cant stand both parties..........

Yeah, right. Like we're supposed to believe you aren't on the left.

Dean sure as hell doesnt think so fuckhead.....and i have plenty of post here bad mouthing both sides.....you, like Dean, would never think of saying something against your Buddies......and that is being a Pussy.....come on Bri.....let me see you say it.....The Republicans are just as fucked as the Democrats.....dont worry they wont hurt you....

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."
Thomas Jefferson

I'd much rather have it that way, that 90% of the people being subject to the 10% that make the rules.... I Guess if the quote you described is "democracy" then what I describe is a "Republic" or.... the richest folk win.... which is an oligarchy.

but.........if that minority had bigger a*ses to kiss, would it still be a democracy?

~S~

Thomas Jefferson

but.........if that minority had bigger a*ses to kiss, would it still be a democracy?

~S~

I don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Please elaborate.... you're obvious lack of vocabulary is making itself present.

Rather than addressing these annoying fuckers one at a time, let me make a blanket statement: If you're a political "Moderate" in 2011, you're either lying or a fucking moron.

The Government has control over every aspect of your life including your health, Social Security is totally broke, Congress shameless racks up annual trillion deficits like it was nothing and even thought they got it for the wrong reasons, S&P Downgraded our credit.

If you can face that and say "Gee, I dunno if that's bad" you're either a Jake Starkey lying liberal or a moron.

There is no third option
There is no such thing as a "moderate". That term was invented by liberals who are fearful of the term "Liberal".
One must ask themselves this" When was the last time you heard or saw a self proclaimed moderate ever espouse ANY conservative principle. Now ask yourself how many times you heard a moderate quickly jump to the defense of a liberal or progressive politician or agenda.

There are MANY times moderates have espoused conservative principles, just ask them. You're just upset that they won't be bound by "dogma", making your complaint seem more like a Bolshevik "everything is political" screed than anything else!!! :eek:
Really?!!! Got an example or two?
Perhaps you should scour this board's threads looking for moderates.
On the other hand why not answer the questions I posted.
Upset? No. Just realistic.
Your use of a Bolshevik reference leads me to believe it is YOU who are upset. Anyway, whop cares what you think. People who call themselves moderate know what they actually are.
Put it this way. Moderates are part of a rudderless ship mentality. They stand on the sidelines and observe. They then choose the point of view which to them seems most popular and go with that. They often fall on the Left side of the political spectrum. At the least. moderates are most unreliable people.

You said everything should be predicated on principles, not analysis of the particular situation, which could cause a deviation from those principles. I just assumed you were talking about political principles. :confused: After all, when you start getting dogmatic, it's often hard to stop, as the history of the 20th century shows.

Principles provide the framework within which analysis occurs. "Moderates" have neither principles nor analysis, they are like people in a cafeteria line, whimsically deciding on this, and a little of that, no wait better take this instead, hmmm that looks good.....

Principle doesn't imply being "dogmatic", it means your positions are mutually coherent and based on something more fundamental than capricious whim.

Thank God for moderates. It is the fringe on the left and the right that have the country on the edge of extinction. It is those who say, "Agree with me or you are wrong," who pushed the country's credit rating to be downgraded.
DO you really believe that or are you just foaming at the mouth.
To state that all not referring to themselves as "moderate" are simply far left or far right extremists is so far off base, it may as well start with climbing the laugh meter.

You said everything should be predicated on principles, not analysis of the particular situation, which could cause a deviation from those principles. I just assumed you were talking about political principles. :confused: After all, when you start getting dogmatic, it's often hard to stop, as the history of the 20th century shows.

Principles provide the framework within which analysis occurs. "Moderates" have neither principles nor analysis, they are like people in a cafeteria line, whimsically deciding on this, and a little of that, no wait better take this instead, hmmm that looks good.....

Principle doesn't imply being "dogmatic", it means your positions are mutually coherent and based on something more fundamental than capricious whim.

That's arrogant!!! People's reasoned decisions aren't "capricious whim". That's the kind of thinking that's really dangerous to democracy, the idea that anyone that doesn't think like you is less deserving or evil. Once again, I refer you back to the history of the 20th Century.
You didn't read what was posted. Here it is again. Moderates have no core principles, they waver on every issue. They choose sides based on what they believe to be popular.
IN other words, moderates do not make reasoned decisions nor do they have core beliefs. They go with the flow of what's popular. That's dangerous in that moderates are at best unreliable.
Not "People's" decisions...Just moderates.

That's arrogant!!! People's reasoned decisions aren't "capricious whim". That's the kind of thinking that's really dangerous to democracy, the idea that anyone that doesn't think like you is less deserving or evil. Once again, I refer you back to the history of the 20th Century.
You didn't read what was posted. Here it is again. Moderates have no core principles, they waver on every issue. They choose sides based on what they believe to be popular.
IN other words, moderates do not make reasoned decisions nor do they have core beliefs. They go with the flow of what's popular. That's dangerous in that moderates are at best unreliable.

^Horseshit.

So, we're only supposed to have just 1 view, with no chance of negotiation or compromise?

That's why we're in the mess we are now you fucking idiots........people like you voted for divided government.

A "moderate" is a person who, given a choice of eating food or poison, chooses to eat a little of both.

bull fucking shit....your another asshole who is programed by the Far Right....if you had a choice you would eat whatever the Far Right told you to eat...even if you knew it was poison.....
Harry, in you previous 5 or so posts, you chose to hurl insults or call names of those who disagree with you. You have lost all the credibility a fence sitter like yourself could ever have.
Tell me, why is it you must disgrace yourself by name calling?

^Horseshit.
One word replies are not acceptable on a discussion board. Care to elaborate? Or was that you just slamming the door under the guise of having the last word?
Explain yourself. If you dare.

I've seen Harry take a side in many many debates. I've yet to see Harry sit on the fence.

Thereisnobrain is talking out of his ass.

^Horseshit.
One word replies are not acceptable on a discussion board. Care to elaborate? Or was that you just slamming the door under the guise of having the last word?

I'm using metaphor to compare the words you post to the feces that comes out of a horse's ass.

Rather than addressing these annoying fuckers one at a time, let me make a blanket statement: If you're a political "Moderate" in 2011, you're either lying or a fucking moron.

The Government has control over every aspect of your life including your health, Social Security is totally broke, Congress shameless racks up annual trillion deficits like it was nothing and even thought they got it for the wrong reasons, S&P Downgraded our credit.

If you can face that and say "Gee, I dunno if that's bad" you're either a Jake Starkey lying liberal or a moron.

There is no third option

poor baby. you know there ARE alternatives other than one lunatic extreme or the other.

hopefully, people who think like you will be more and more marginalized so the grown ups can get things straightened out.

Actually I do not think he does realize anything except the extremes ie this or that.
It is a common trait of right wingers.

^Horseshit.

I'm using metaphor to compare the words you post to the feces that comes out of a horse's ass.

And its a more accurate description of Spoon's post than Spoon's post is an accurate description.

I've seen Harry take a side in many many debates. I've yet to see Harry sit on the fence.

Thereisnobrain is talking out of his ass.
hey exhaust, why don't you step aside and let harry take care of himself.
This is an adult debate. Get it?
The fact is that someone who simply chooses to take a side for the sake of taking a side, is the definition of a moderate. A compass with no needle.
What I enjoy most about a thread like this is when that nerve gets irritated the fangs of those on the left come out. You people who hide behind the "moderate" label when challenged on your left leaning politics will protest vehemently that you not with the political left. You protest so loudly and so abusively ,it leaves no doubt that you are indeed scared to death of your own ideology. That is liberal.
I would rather sit down to dinner and break bread with a person proud to state they are liberal than piss in the same patch of woods with a person who cannot be honest to others about themselves( moderate)

Let me explain it to you.

You are an ideologue. Ideologues think inside a box. Ideologues pick and choose what they want to believe. It doesn't matter whether or not what they believe is true. First and foremost, what is most important is fealty to ideology. You are highly prone to confirmation bias. You dismiss empiricism when it contradicts your worldview and embrace it when it confirms your worldview. In effect, your ideology is a chain which limits your understanding of the world. You do not make reasoned decisions. You make ideological decisions. Your ideology means you view the world through a prism. You think in a manner which gives you comfort. You refuse to think in a manner which gives you discomfort because it will upend your ideology. You think in a manner which makes you popular within your tribe. You view those with whom you disagree as the enemy. You look at the world as you want it to be, not as it is.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back