Why Local Police Won't Enforce Errant Gun Laws

I hope these authoritarian cops and their handlers are paying close attention. We're being "nice" at the moment. If this shit continues much longer, people aren't going to just stage a protest and air their grievances. They're going to start shooting.

This exactly ^^

I'm tight with many local and state level LEOs. I've known a few of them for three plus decades. As far as human beings go, they're first class citizens—the kind of guys and girls who'd chop off an arm to save a fellow American's life. However, with some of them, once the uniform of office goes on they're all business and all about the "brotherhood". A couple of the guys are combat vets. One in particular, a guy who rode a Humvee M240 turret into Baghdad, really has no business being a cop. He's a damn good human being but he's also more than a bit "jittery" if you know what I mean. Overall, every last officer I know is often torn between keeping the job, enforcing the law and retaining full humanity . . . a very difficult process, apparently. In the end we citizens need to cut the cops some slack, try to view them as human beings at all times, but when it comes down to the wire, also be prepared to protect our rights in a push come to shove situation. Just remember, cops also have families to feed.

Forum List

Back