Why it matters: 23% of Americans have no emergency savings

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
A sad state of affairs. All the money goes to the rich.

Nearly 20% of Americans surveyed they have zero savings in case of emergency, a recent survey by bankrate.com reports.

Why it matters: With the jobs outnumbering the jobless, a lowering unemployment rate and wages trickling upward, Americans theoretically should have more money to put away for a rainy day fund. If an economic downturn were to occur, the data shows only a small fraction of Americans would be able to comfortably maintain their lifestyle.

what????
rich people are smarter with money, otherwise they become poor people. just ask athletes.

smart ones stay rich
dumb ones get a huge entorage and blow their money on extravagant things for friends and family or hookers and blow.

Nearly 20% of Americans surveyed they have zero savings in case of emergency, a recent survey by bankrate.com reports.

Why it matters: With the jobs outnumbering the jobless, a lowering unemployment rate and wages trickling upward, Americans theoretically should have more money to put away for a rainy day fund. If an economic downturn were to occur, the data shows only a small fraction of Americans would be able to comfortably maintain their lifestyle.

The wealth income inequality goes down every year. The US is run by the rich for the rich.

I've got money. More poor people increases my spending power.

No emergency savings??
That is a formula for disaster ... and becoming homeless!!
I have seen many homeless in USA, especially expensive areas like San Francisco, and it is sad to watch.
WHY??
1) They can’t save because basic necessities are expensive compared to their income?
2) They can’t control their spending? The (greedy?) businesses advertise too well with slick marketing?

The simple fact is some people will spend everything they make no matter how much it is. I was dumb enough to do that when I was younger, now not so much.

The simple fact is some people will spend everything they make no matter how much it is. I was dumb enough to do that when I was younger, now not so much.
That explains why I saw many young people driving expensive German cars (BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc) when I visited California.

That explains why I saw many young people driving expensive German cars (BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc) when I visited California.
Many of the multimillionaires in the Bay Area are young, and do drive nice cars.

Either mom and dad is rich or they're in debt up to their eyes.

Suddenly this is an issue after Trump has been president for 18 months? This shit has been going on since the middle class reached it's apex in 1970. Flooding the country with legal and illegal immigrants that push down wages, unfair free trade agreements that took away decent paying blue collar jobs. If ANYONE still isn't convinced that 9/11/01 wasn't an inside job by deep state operatives of the shadow government? Please explain to me the PATRIOT Act and the necessity of treating every American as a potential terrorist by storing all of their personal data, patting them down at airports or putting them through a body scanner while the southern border was a total sieve where anyone that could fog a mirror could make their way over here.

I would like for one fucking leftard to explain that one and how it has had no implications on the ability of Americans to make a decent living and have a savings account AND explain as to why a foreign owned central bank that extends "credit" from an account that has nothing is a good thing. I shan't hold my breath.

Where you are in life is the result of all the decisions you made over the years.

Old advice is the best: "Pay yourself first every pay day." "Take care of your pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves." "Put 10% away every day."

Time is your greatest investment tool. You have to start early in life. A lesson lost on most.

I retired at 54. Pass the word. Talk to young people. Encourage them to save and invest early. Live below--WELL below their income.

Learn to be happy with less. Appreciate what you have. Learn what is important to have.

Forum List

Back