Why isn't congress pushing impeachment proceedings now?

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
Come on people why is congress sitting on their ass and dong nothing? obama tried to get cap and trade passed in 2009 that was a fail, so he get's his EPA thugs to create rules that will work as good as passing cap and trade.

Next he by-passes congress and uses the military in Libya with out congressional approval.

Next last year the dream act was not passed by congress but obama issues a presidential order by-passes congress again and passes the dream act.

Why is he being allowed to misuse the "presidential order"
Isn't this how dictators begin?

Come on people why is congress sitting on their ass and dong nothing? obama tried to get cap and trade passed in 2009 that was a fail, so he get's his EPA thugs to create rules that will work as good as passing cap and trade.

Next he by-passes congress and uses the military in Libya with out congressional approval.

Next last year the dream act was not passed by congress but obama issues a presidential order by-passes congress again and passes the dream act.

I know nothing about it but I assume that, if there is such a thing as a "presidential order" it was created to prevent paralysis at federal level.

I know nothing about it but I assume that, if there is such a thing as a "presidential order" it was created to prevent paralysis at federal level.

But the executive order should not be used to by-pass the will of the people.

Last edited:

Wouldn't the President be presumed to represent the ultimate will of the people?
After all, he was voted into the position by The People.

Wouldn't the President be presumed to represent the ultimate will of the people?

When Congress didn't pass it and that is the will of the people.
obama is using the executive order as a dictator rubber stamp.

you are right on the money... that is how dictatorships start.

it was the will of the majority of the people that he should be president.. not that he becomes a defacto dictator.

it was the will of the majority of the people that he should be president.. not that he becomes a defacto dictator.

That is true, but if the presidential powers include executive orders isn't he within his legal power that the people have entrusted him with? And if the people don't want him to have such power shouldn't they take it away instead of blaming him for using legal powers the people gave him in the first place?

Simple. Barry is doing what your masters want him to do. Your masters own ALL of the politicicians.Look in your wallet. Paper and plastic.Tags that identify you as OWNED.Like a dog tag, but dogs understand reality..

Which people?

That is true, but if the presidential powers include executive orders isn't he within his legal power that the people have entrusted him with? And if the people don't want him to have such power shouldn't they take it away instead of blaming him for using legal powers the people gave him in the first place?

That's the fun part. They want to figure out a way to take the executive order "power" from Presidents they don't like and restore them to Presidents they do.

Sorta like Paygo and the Filibuster.:lol:

How about if a bill can't make through congress because of legislative shennigans, we put that bill up for a vote on a National level.

Majority wins.

:clap2:

How about if a bill can't make through congress because of legislative shennigans, we put that bill up for a vote on a National level.

Majority wins.

with the internet so widely available I don't see why we don't have more national votes, heck, even state votes. Oh thats right we don't trust one another.:lol:

Majority wins.

with the internet so widely available I don't see why we don't have more national votes, heck, even state votes. Oh thats right we don't trust one another.:lol:

To be perfectly honest..I am not really in favor of doing something like this.

But I find it interesting that the very people that talk about "republics" when people mention democracy, all of a sudden talk about the "will of the people" when legislative powers are invoked to pass laws they don't like.

You can't have it both ways.

Majority wins.

But I find it interesting that the very people that talk about "republics" when people mention democracy, all of a sudden talk about the "will of the people" when legislative powers are invoked to pass laws they don't like.

Our government has become paralyzed because of a lack of trust, and it isn't getting any better. Neither side trusts the other side to do anything. This lack of trust is now extending to the voting public. No one trusts politicians, the government, or the system to do anything good, and if that is the case isn't it time to do away with it and put something in place the people trust in?

Our government has become paralyzed because of a lack of trust, and it isn't getting any better. Neither side trusts the other side to do anything. This lack of trust is now extending to the voting public. No one trusts politicians, the government, or the system to do anything good, and if that is the case isn't it time to do away with it and put something in place the people trust in?

No it hasn't. Our government has become paralyzed because of right wing radicalism..that has lied to get into power. The Republican governors ran on an agenda of creating jobs. What do they do? Once in power..they smashed Unions. Not only that..they cut taxes on the wealthy.

The representatives that won in 2010, did so because they scared seniors with the idea that the Health Care Package was going to kill Medicare and cause health care to become a "rationed" mess..and that they would be forced to die.

What do they do once in power? They try to kill Medicare, try to restrict and tax abortion and block almost every meaningful bill that comes down the pike. They passed like 19 bills since their asses hit the seats and like 16 of them were for naming stuff.

No it hasn't. Our government has become paralyzed because of right wing radicalism..that has lied to get into power. The Republican governors ran on an agenda of creating jobs. What do they do? Once in power..they smashed Unions. Not only that..they cut taxes on the wealthy.

The representatives that won in 2010, did so because they scared seniors with the idea that the Health Care Package was going to kill Medicare and cause health care to become a "rationed" mess..and that they would be forced to die.

What do they do once in power? They try to kill Medicare, try to restrict and tax abortion and block almost every meaningful bill that comes down the pike. They passed like 19 bills since their asses hit the seats and like 16 of them were for naming stuff.

But that is my point exactly...You don't trust them and they don't trust you.

if it were an impeachable offense to use an executive order to go around congress, then President Bush and all other presidents would have been impeached.

me thinks you're crying wolf....

hahaha, busting the UNIONS WILL create JOBS..they will not be able to make obscene DEMANDS on a employer so they will be able to HIRE..
And don't ya love it, ALL IN SIX months the Republicans (who are now called, right wing radicals) have been in CONTROL and this mess is ALL THEIR FAULT..you just gotta shake your head and laugh:lol:

Good geeaawd,both parties do the exact same things,but as long as the troops line up,and keep that,its only them other guys fault.We won't get many changes to the good.

Forum List

Back