Why isn't anyone talking about the national debt anymore?

Why isn't anyone talking about the national debt anymore?

Because, based on various reports from expert economists, Trump's proposed policies would add 4 or 5 trillion dollars to the national debt. That is why Republicans aren't talking about it. It ain't rocket science.

Deficit-Attention-GOP.jpg

And the CBO said Obamacare is unsustainable and will add $10 trillion to the debt. That is why the Demsocrats aren't talking about the failed economics of Obamacare. Obama lied about every family saving $2500 per year. It ain't rocket science.

Stop believing the nonsense. The ONLY possible way to start paying down the debt is to phase out entitlement programs. SS and medicare spending represent 60% or $2.1 trillion of the annual federal budget. Let that sink in....

BULL CRUD

When bush gave those tax cuts due to the projected $5.6 trillion dollar surplus, where most of the money went to the top 10%....

THAT budget surplus of $5.6 trillion over 10 years, was a SOCIAL SECURITY surplus....it did not come from projected revenues of income tax revenues.

YET, the tax cuts of this projected surplus, to put the money back in to the hands of who paid it,

WAS GIVEN to the very wealthiest who PAY NO Social security taxes on all of their incomes, and dished out to the income tax payers....

NOT distributed to the Social security tax payers.

A complete "slight of hand" took place and stole our Social security surplus, right out from under us.

BEFORE you take our Social Security away that we have paid in to our entire lives, those top 10% who took the money from those income tax cuts, need to PAY BACK Social Security for what they STOLE.

Reduce the Military waste...

We have had national debt since the nation began. It was paid off once by a Democratic president and we went right back to creating a new national debt. The debt is a political talking point for Republicans but the debt remains just a talking point.

Stop believing the nonsense. The ONLY possible way to start paying down the debt is to phase out entitlement programs. SS and medicare spending represent 60% or $2.1 trillion of the annual federal budget. Let that sink in....

BULL CRUD

When bush gave those tax cuts due to the projected $5.6 trillion dollar surplus, where most of the money went to the top 10%....

THAT budget surplus of $5.6 trillion over 10 years, was a SOCIAL SECURITY surplus....it did not come from projected revenues of income tax revenues.

YET, the tax cuts of this projected surplus, to put the money back in to the hands of who paid it,

WAS GIVEN to the very wealthiest who PAY NO Social security taxes on all of their incomes, and dished out to the income tax payers....

NOT distributed to the Social security tax payers.

A complete "slight of hand" took place and stole our Social security surplus, right out from under us.

BEFORE you take our Social Security away that we have paid in to our entire lives, those top 10% who took the money from those income tax cuts, need to PAY BACK Social Security for what they STOLE.

Reduce the Military waste...
FDR knew that Social Security money might be fair game for the politicians so he attempted to fix it so that it could not be voted out, or privatized as Bush suggested. The surplus money is loaned to the government and interest paid. At one time they changed the bookkeeping and it sounded like the money went directly to the government but it was changed back sometime after the Reagan administration.

Have we all just conceded it's not getting paid off?

Come on...it's not important.

The behavior of Trump, Hillary, and (for some weird reason) Bill Clinton 20 years ago is what we need to focus on.

Healthcare never comes up either.

We still spend as much as we did......we don't seem to care.

How can a country survive with empty money, stagnant upward economic mobility and a national debt so large it isn't comprehensible?

I would say that the way a television works is incomprehensible to me. The same goes for this website. How in the world do I see things that you are typing on your computer at your house. It is incomprehensible. Lots of amazing things work without my comprehension.

Nobody is interested in having a serious discussion about it. Social Security is the largest portion of the federal budget. You can't have a talk about balancing the budget until you address Social Security which isn't even a function of government. Trust me. No politician running for office has the balls to address Social Security.

How can a country survive with empty money, stagnant upward economic mobility and a national debt so large it isn't comprehensible?

I would say that the way a television works is incomprehensible to me. The same goes for this website. How in the world do I see things that you are typing on your computer at your house. It is incomprehensible. Lots of amazing things work without my comprehension.
The things he is typing are ASCII characters that are transmitted to the server (computer) that holds all of our typings. We then are shown copies of these typings and the user that did it.

Nobody is interested in having a serious discussion about it. Social Security is the largest portion of the federal budget. You can't have a talk about balancing the budget until you address Social Security which isn't even a function of government. Trust me. No politician running for office has the balls to address Social Security.

Completely eliminating the military, as Care4all suggests, won't reduce the debt. We need to stop spending more than we take in and there's only one way to do that. Government wasn't created to fulfill the foolish whims of the people.

Forum List

Back