Why Islamists and the radical Left loathe the Day of Love

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Read my sig about the progressive left...
Hating Valentine’s
Why Islamists and the radical Left loathe the Day of Love.
February 14, 2017
Jamie Glazov
valentines.gif

Today, February 14, is Valentine’s Day, the sacred day that intimate companions mark to celebrate their love and affection for one another. If you’re thinking about making a study of how couples celebrate this day, the Muslim world and the milieus of the radical Left are not the places you should be spending your time. Indeed, it’s pretty hard to outdo Islamists and “progressives” when it comes to the hatred of Valentine’s Day. And this hatred is precisely the territory on which the contemporary romance between the Left and Islamic Supremacism is formed.

The train is never late: every year that Valentine’s comes around, the Muslim world erupts with ferocious rage, with its leaders doing everything in their power to suffocate the festivity that comes with the celebration of private romance. Imams around the world thunder against Valentine’s every year — and the celebration of the day itself is literally outlawed in Islamist states.

This year, for example, the Islamabad High Court in Pakistan banned the celebration of Valentine's Day in public places, and at an official level, and prohibited all electronic and print media from covering any festivities or mentioning of the occasion. Several cities across Muslim-majority Indonesia, meanwhile, banned people from celebrating the day. In the city of Surabaya, a group of school students, which included many girls wearing the hijab, denounced Valentine's Day. In Muslim-dominant Malaysia, the group The National Muslim Youth Association directed females not to use emoticons and perfume in a pre-Valentine's Day message.

Last year, Pakistan also banned Valentine’s Day, calling it an “insult” to Islam and warning that "strict" action against anyone daring to celebrate the day in any part of Islamabad. In the past, Valentine’s Day activities were disrupted by Jamaat-e-Islami, Pakistan's main religious party, but in the last two years the state and court now get involved to ban celebration of the day. Back on Valentine's Day in Pakistan in 2013, supporters of Jamat-e-Islami took to the streets in Peshawar to vehemently denounce the Day of Love. Demonizing it as “un-Islamic,” the Muslim protestors shouted that the day had "spread immodesty in the world." Shahzad Ahmed, the local leader of the student wing of Jamat-e-Islami, declared that the organization will not “allow” any Valentine’s Day functions, warning that if Pakistani law enforcement did not prevent Pakistanis from holding such functions, that the Jamat-e-Islami would stop them “in our own way." Khalid Waqas Chamkani, a leader in Jamat-e-Islami, calls Valentine's a “shameful day.”

These Islamist forces in Pakistan cannot, of course, completely succeed in preventing couples from showing love to each other on this special day, and so many Pakistanis still cryptically celebrate Valentine's Day and exchange presents in secret.

In Iran, Saudi Arabia and Indonesia last year, and as always, Valentine’s Day was outlawed. Under the Islamic regime in Iran, for instance, any sale or promotion of Valentine’s Day related items, including the exchange of gifts, flowers and cards, is illegal. The Iranian police consistently warn retailers against the promotion of Valentine’s Day celebrations.

Over the years, Islamic religious leaders and officials in Malaysia have warned Muslims against celebrating Valentine's Day. In Saudi Arabia, the morality police outlaw the sale of all Valentine's Day items, forcing shopkeepers to remove any red items, because the day is considered a Christian holiday.

This day reminds us that we have a weapon, the most powerful arsenal on the face of the earth, in front of which despots and terrorists quiver and shake, and sprint from in horror into the shadows of darkness, desperately avoiding its piercing light.

That arsenal is love.

And no Maoist Red Guard or Saudi Islamo-Fascist cop ever stamped it out — no matter how much they beat and tortured their victims. And no al-Qaeda jihadist in Pakistan or Feminazi on any American campus will ever succeed in suffocating it, no matter how ferociously they lust to disinfect man of who and what he is.

Love will prevail.

Long Live Valentine’s Day.

Hating Valentine’s

heart-157895_960_720.png

muslims are SOOOOOO emotional. I have to admit-----my hubby---who was brought up in a very orthodox jewish middle eastern household-----whilst he buys me roses and other stuff every year on Valentine's day------did ask me how this holiday started. I have had to explain easter to him several times too.. I have known all
kinds of jews-------and been to all kinds of synagogues------and never heard anything about Valentine's day----either pro or con---------or easter. Anyone know how the
J W s handle Valentine's day

Won't be long, and it will be hated here also. Went yesterday to get the wife some roses, a card, and the heart candy, but found it odd that very few people were at the card counter reading and looking for that special card for their loved one. It was odd really. I wonder if Valentine's related gifts and cards sales were at an all time low or high in the country ? Could have been the time I chose to go. Interesting OP. I have two family members that just celebrated their 59th anneversary together.

Won't be long, and it will be hated here also. Went yesterday to get the wife some roses, a card, and the heart candy, but found it odd that very few people were at the card counter reading and looking for that special card for their loved one. It was odd really. I wonder if Valentine's related gifts and cards sales were at an all time low or high in the country ? Could have been the time I chose to go. Interesting OP. I have two family members that just celebrated their 59th anneversary together.

you waited so LONG? my hubby had the box of candy hidden-------and had to SEARCH------he had forgotten where he put it

Forum List

Back