Why is USMessageboard.com no longer a secure encrypted site?

ty, so you are on a secure site, and this is something only happening to me, I guess?

Not a computer geek, but I think the secure part has an s on the end. Mine does not have the s, so not secure?
my browser message said to check the url with a https:// right before it, to see if there is a securee connection...

so YES. the S has to be there to be secure..... so your connection is not secure either and it might be a USMB problem?????????

I'm getting that message from my browser, the USMessageboard.com is not a secure site, and passwords, credit card numbers etc can be viewed by others.

is anyone else showing that USMB is no longer a secure site or is it just me????

Bwhaaaaaaa, I don't get it? :(

USMB to my knowledge, was NEVER an "encrypted, secure" site. There is nothing to protect, but your log-in password. And that is YOUR responsibility.

Cynically, I can suggest that your browser -- which in many cases -- wants to know every detail of every transaction you make on the web -- may just be PISSED OFF that you won't share your USMB log-in information with them.

Realize that if you allow your browser TO STORE these passwords and log-ins, they could be subject to legal subpoena, either criminal or federal domestic spying and used to gain access to your PERSONAL communications on USMB. Including your PMs and your galleries and your subscribed "Social Groups".. .

my browser message said to check the url with a https:// right before it, to see if there is a securee connection...

so YES. the S has to be there to be secure..... so your connection is not secure either and it might be a USMB problem?????????

Yeppers.

I'm getting that message from my browser, the USMessageboard.com is not a secure site, and passwords, credit card numbers etc can be viewed by others.

is anyone else showing that USMB is no longer a secure site or is it just me????

Not here...

Yep, the drop down thingy on the left in Firefox says it's not secure. It has a symbol for either always showing. I'm not sure why it would need to be but I don't put anything in my profile.

:lol:

Maybe my verse will finally get a viewing.

What Flac said in Post#23. Try the 'new private window browsing' thingy if you're using Firefox, or that 'Incognito' thing, if you're paranoid; I haven't tried them but they sound all 'secure n stuff' for the easily gulled.

Why are you using credit cards and other ID info on the innernetz in the first place??? That's crazy, as is paying your bills online and giving third party companies your bank account routing numbers and everything else.

And, I forgot to add, another reason sites like this aren't secure is all the links to other sites that have to work, like sigs, news sites, all those pic sites, etc., etc, etc. No site can be made secure and still be as usable for posters as this one is now.

USMB to my knowledge, was NEVER an "encrypted, secure" site. There is nothing to protect, but your log-in password. And that is YOUR responsibility.

Cynically, I can suggest that your browser -- which in many cases -- wants to know every detail of every transaction you make on the web -- may just be PISSED OFF that you won't share your USMB log-in information with them.

Realize that if you allow your browser TO STORE these passwords and log-ins, they could be subject to legal subpoena, either criminal or federal domestic spying and used to gain access to your PERSONAL communications on USMB. Including your PMs and your galleries and your subscribed "Social Groups".. .
Really? USMB WAS always an encrypted site as far back as I can remember....every site I visit is a secured site.

AND no, there is nothing I can do to keep my password on USMB, secure of safe BECAUSE USMB does not encrypt their site anymore.....

My message says to tell the Administration of the site being visited.

Can you PLEASE tell Dank or 4 nines etc and Please let us know if this site just has a temporary problem with the changes they were making to the site or are we never going to be a secure site?

I have been here over 10 years now and I simply can never remember it being an unsecured site....maybe it's a senior moment, but I don't think so??

Really? USMB WAS always an encrypted site as far back as I can remember....every site I visit is a secured site.

AND no, there is nothing I can do to keep my password on USMB, secure of safe BECAUSE USMB does not encrypt their site anymore.....

My message says to tell the Administration of the site being visited.

Can you PLEASE tell Dank or 4 nines etc and Please let us know if this site just has a temporary problem with the changes they were making to the site or are we never going to be a secure site?

I have been here over 10 years now and I simply can never remember it being an unsecured site....maybe it's a senior moment, but I don't think so??

You might want to tape over that camera.

let me see if on Internet Exployer it is telling me the site is unsecure....
still using internet explorer?

use firefox or chrome

why HALAL? the ayatoilets told you?
fb6d7e9ad5063e5aa222e39f81e69a020bb02548f55c13359aa092a345498e36.jpg
3fc.png

f252451f06ccadca926f7286aed09aa5.jpg
The_92560b_959415.jpg

I tried to download the machine gun-----but it hasn't gotten to me yet

Forum List

Back