One of my favorite boards but it's one thing I never understood about this site

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
why can't you talk about someone's mom or dad?

I can post racist comments, sexist comments, and anything else wild but can't make of fun of someone's mom???

I can post racist comments, sexist comments, and anything else wild but can't make of fun of someone's mom???

Dear fbj
A. the criticism insult or attack is addressed to the PERSON ie to the BOARD MEMBER.
You can't drag PERSONAL issues into it, so family counts as personal.
No bestiality or pedophilia accusations either.
Maybe it seems arbitrary, but if those are the set rules,
then everyone agrees to abide by those to operate on this forums and board.

B. You may find it interesting, the reason
RACE and GENDER (and also disability) are treated differently
as Protected is that people do not CHOOSE those conditions.

But people tend to attack labels and groups that people CHOOSE
to affiliate and identify with: religious affiliation, political party, what kind of music you like
things that you CHOOSE people attack as your choice,
so this is different from race, gender etc. that isn't the person's choice.

And on THAT note, that's why there is so much controversy over
sexual orientation and gender identity; people do not AGREE if
this is by CHOICE of behavior or if it is how someone is BORN and NOT their choosing.

So that is where people disagree if this should be a protected status
(like race or gender), or if people's CHOICE OF BEHAVIOR is fair game to reject.

You can talk about someone's family, if done in a respectful manor..

I'm being honest as I can here. If you were ever "lucky" enough to score a girlfriend or a wife -- you'd know the answer to this question. Because in a relationship, the "nuclear option" is talking about the in-laws or his/her family. :biggrin:

On a message board, YOU put yourself out there voluntarily by participating. Your FAMILY are not participants. So they are not "padded up" for the game. And it's a breach of members Real Lives to have their family involuntarily dragged into YOUR battles.

It shouldn't be a combat sport. But apparently it is. And the rule limits the "collateral personal damage" that might occur.

upload_2017-4-8_0-29-16.jpeg

Combat sport????? I hadn't noticed.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:Boom2:----------------------:splat:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back