WHY is the DJIA crashing?

So's the Chancellor of the Exchequer (and the finance ministers of every other modern country): "The greatest danger to the world economy is RW fanatics in the USA." PLEASE STFU!! LOL!

FLASH!!! FAA goes back to work. RW A-holes ignored...get used to it. GD morons...Bye now!!

So the sky is falling and a bunch of stockholding leaches are shitting their pants. Why does that concern me?

So's the Chancellor of the Exchequer (and the finance ministers of every other modern country): "The greatest danger to the world economy is RW fanatics in the USA." PLEASE STFU!! LOL!

FLASH!!! FAA goes back to work. RW A-holes ignored...get used to it. GD morons...Bye now!!

LOL Still a bit slow.

The deal is just between Senate Democrats and the White House because the GOP-led House already passed a bill extending the FAA's operating authority through mid-September, a House source with knowledge of the details

Read more: Reid Announces Deal to End FAA Shutdown - FoxNews.com

You're confused. The outcome of not increasing the debt ceiling would not have been the DOW falling by 4% - it would be you going to your bank and not being able to withdraw your money.

Not true.

It would have meant your money in the bank would have been earning a higher rate of interest.

But you would have been able to go to the bank and demand your money without a problem..

Where do people come up with this stuff?

Not if it isn't there. Bank deposits are partially backed by U.S. debt, and the FDIC is entirely backed by U.S. Debt. Once the first bank run happens it will trigger others, so unless you're one of the first in line, you can't count on your deposit vaporizing as depositors withdraw credit by the trillions.

FDIC is backed by a pool that is funded first by insurance premiums paid to the pool by the banks. If it is exhausted, then it is backed by the US government. Practically, not raising the debt ceiling would have had no effect on bank deposits since there are significant funds in the pool.

Right, I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with a negative outlook on U.S Debt rating.

If it were primarily because we were put on negative watch, Treasuries and the dollar would be tanking. The opposite is happening.

Toro did you say the market was crashing because we did not raise taxes?

No. I said the opposite. Not raising taxes did not cause this downdraft.

Oh, and the other reason for the sell off...

Brokers make money when you sell stock too.

The Dow is falling because RW fanatics have scared the world with their no compromise Rush/Fox IDIOCY. STFU. tyvm.

This is incorrect. People may lack confidence in the government, but Democrats control the WH and the Senate, so they deserve as much if not more blame than the Republicans for that lack of confidence.

both are true. It is not a one or the other thing.
Because both are true is one reason this is happening.

Last edited:
So the sky is falling and a bunch of stockholding leaches are shitting their pants. Why does that concern me?

It shouldn't concern you...

Open a new bag of Cheetos and go back to World of Warcraft...

Hmm, close as I ever got to pc games was pacman in the original version back in 95'. So did you ever find a cure for con-stupidty Dr., and the risky business of gambling on stocks?

The Dow fell because foreign people are scared? What part of the Dow is foreign held? I'm sorry, that is a fail from the start. It is a fact that the DOW has reacted to Portugal and Spain's financial position however.

Forum List

Back