WHY is the DJIA crashing?

Good to see that 8537 is still gulping the Kool Aid.

So you disagree that this market crash is related to a slew of bad economic news and the end of QE?

What exactly is koolaid-drinking about that explanation, oldstyle?

It's your amazing capacity not to grasp the concept that the "slew of bad economic news" is the direct result of a clueless President and his merry band of Progressives, that gave us a two year Keynesian spend-fest on big government resulting in an economy that is on life support and a debt that is STAGGERING!

Does that explain my problem with your "explanation"?

The slew of bad news is not because of our President. The slew of bad news is because of a variety of reasons, the most important being that we continue to unwind from a massive credit and housing bubble, which will take years to unwind, no matter who is in power.

Why is the market crashing? It is the country's way of saying "Happy Birthday, Barack!"

Its pretty simple. The Republicans refused to allow the revenue increases that are needed to balance the budget, resulting in a negative outlook on U.S. Debt, which is bad for the U.S. economy.

The same sort of thing happened in the 30's. The economy was on the road to recovery (albeit long and slow), the Republicans stuck their noses in it, and the economy crashed again.

The stock market isn't crashing because we didn't raise taxes either.

Didn't they say it was absolutely positively necessary to increase the debt ceiling in order to prevent this exact outcome?

You're confused. The outcome of not increasing the debt ceiling would not have been the DOW falling by 4% - it would be you going to your bank and not being able to withdraw your money.

Why is the market crashing? It is the country's way of saying "Happy Birthday, Barack!"

Its pretty simple. The Republicans refused to allow the revenue increases that are needed to balance the budget, resulting in a negative outlook on U.S. Debt, which is bad for the U.S. economy.

The same sort of thing happened in the 30's. The economy was on the road to recovery (albeit long and slow), the Republicans stuck their noses in it, and the economy crashed again.

Hacks like him like to scream about taxes, all the while ridiculing Herbert Hoover.

Right, I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with a negative outlook on U.S Debt rating.

Didn't they say it was absolutely positively necessary to increase the debt ceiling in order to prevent this exact outcome?

You're confused. The outcome of not increasing the debt ceiling would not have been the DOW falling by 4% - it would be you going to your bank and not being able to withdraw your money.

You are so much more convincing when you type in big bold like that.

Hacks like him like to scream about taxes, all the while ridiculing Herbert Hoover.

I can't recall the last time i've even mentioned Hoover you lying twat face.

"The more you tax them the harder their CPAs work to offset those taxes... Ask John F'in Kerry and his wife...

As I said, You could tax "the wealthy" at 100% and it won't make a dent in our country's problems... "

So give up and be a Pub Dupe- hope the greedy rich take pity on you and you can get some scraps. Typical Pub tool...Kiss up, kick down...

You are so much more convincing when you type in big bold like that.

its good to see you're concerned about the important issues facing America

Right, I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with a negative outlook on U.S Debt rating.

If it were primarily because we were put on negative watch, Treasuries and the dollar would be tanking. The opposite is happening.

Not true.

It would have meant your money in the bank would have been earning a higher rate of interest.
Your ARM would have skyrocketed
Your HELOC would have skyrocketed
Your credit cards would have skyrocketed
And the markets would have had a major sell off....likely more than 4%....as people would want to liquidate to pay off their debt.

But you would have been able to go to the bank and demand your money without a problem..

Where do people come up with this stuff?

"The more you tax them the harder their CPAs work to offset those taxes... Ask John F'in Kerry and his wife...

As I said, You could tax "the wealthy" at 100% and it won't make a dent in our country's problems... "
No one is suggesting the wealthy be taxed at 100%. Maybe you said that, but not me. So what's your point?

So give up and be a Pub Dupe- hope the greedy rich take pity on you and you can get some scraps. Typical Pub tool...Kiss up, kick down...

Tax revenue as a pct of GDP is historically very low, there is room to increase revenues by tax increases. I'm sorry factual reality doesn't jive with what your overlords have told you the truth is.

No one is suggesting the wealthy be taxed at 100%. Maybe you said that, but not me. So what's your point?

Tax revenue as a pct of GDP is historically very low, there is room to increase revenues by tax increases. I'm sorry factual reality doesn't jive with what your overlords have told you the truth is.

No one is denying such logic.

The debate is whether or not this is the right time to increase taxes.

Afterall, we currentlky are at 9.2% unemployment with the liklihood of it being higher later this week.

Not true.

It would have meant your money in the bank would have been earning a higher rate of interest.
Your ARM would have skyrocketed
Your HELOC would have skyrocketed
Your credit cards would have skyrocketed
And the markets would have had a major sell off....likely more than 4%....as people would want to liquidate to pay off their debt.

But you would have been able to go to the bank and demand your money without a problem..

Its a mess is it not?
I think Wall street and main street want the same thing
someone with the courage to stop the bleeding

We may get downgraded anyhow
It was time to go back to 07-08 spending levels
take off the bridle, let those who have it know we are not going to after it when they make it, and then get out of the way

Not true.

Not if it isn't there. Bank deposits are partially backed by U.S. debt, and the FDIC is entirely backed by U.S. Debt. Once the first bank run happens it will trigger others, so unless you're one of the first in line, you can't count on your deposit vaporizing as depositors withdraw credit by the trillions.

No one is denying such logic.

The debate is whether or not this is the right time to increase taxes.

Afterall, we currentlky are at 9.2% unemployment with the liklihood of it being higher later this week.
He'll have to check with Chris Matthews and get back to you.

Not true.

Not if it isn't there. Bank deposits are partially backed by U.S. debt, and the FDIC is entirely backed by U.S. Debt. Once the first bank run happens it will trigger others, so unless you're one of the first in line, you can't count on your deposit vaporizing as depositors withdraw credit by the trillions.

Wow...the fear mongering sure hit you hard.
No....such was never going to happen.
Yellowstone would have closed down...maybe the Smithsonian.

Forum List

Back